[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

"
aquarose_ wrote:
"
Deadandlivin wrote:

Carrion Golems should hit hard enough to freeze everything though shouldn't they?

Yeah, don't run Harmonies, they do nothing. Try to get decent Eye Jewels instead.

Running 4100 life sure is scary but should still be manageable. You should be able to squeeze more life into the build with good abyss Jewels, from your items and more levels.

I've added some farming guides in to the guide.
You can read about Lira Arthain there.
It's inside the Intermediate Farming Strategies sections.

Do I need to get a single taunt+blind eye jewel though or stacking them is efficient too? It seems that it would be pointless as damage jewels provide much more, but maybe I don't know something?
Also, I checked new farming section, but I can't really find anything in terms of specific sextant rolls for this strat, I was asking about this in particular. There are some rogue markers rolls and additional packs that could possibly provide more rogue markers but that's all I got on my mind.

I'm saying thanks again because so far (and it's been a whole month) I'm enjoying this build to its fullest, and I'm not feeling like I did a mistake while choosing this guide and necro build especially.

Getting both taunt and blind on the same one or seperate ones both work. Get whatever is best. Taunt is more important than blind.

For late game we don't care too much about Taunt/blind et.c. We just maximise damage to oneshot things.

basically, use 4 sextants all the times. Never reroll, sextants are 5 chaos each right now so it's not worth to roll anything. Just apply 4 and get into your map.

As I've stated, +1 Smugglers Cache, Nemesis and Beyond are the 3 most noteable sextants. If you get nemesis, make sure to use a Nemesis map (You can read about it in the mapping and sextant section of the guide). When you get beyond, just pick the highest quant map you got.

Breach is noteable if you're farming breach instead of heist.

Glad you're liking the build :-)
Last edited by Deadandlivin on May 18, 2021, 2:56:42 PM
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Nexi wrote:
Even if you deal a "freezing" hit (like a crit), you'll only actually freeze if the effective freeze duration is 0.3 seconds or more. If you don't, the freeze is ignored. Because our SO specters deal relatively low damage hundreds of times, every freezing hit will be entirely discarded against bosses.

With good enough gear you might hit the point where you start freezing some map bosses, but by that point the boss is going to die within a few frames regardless. Any time that your specters are dealing 5% of a bosses life per projectile, that boss isn't going to exist much longer. Basically, we don't freeze anything, even most rares are well beyond our freeze threshold.

Additionally, even if you could freeze with your specters, the freeze would constantly be being overwritten by the higher duration freezes our Carrion golems would be inflicting and you'd lose divergent bonus anyway.

Carrion Golem hit damage should be enough to freeze most targets though shouldn't it?

I've never put any thought to it.
Everything on my screen is either Dead or Frozen anyway.
You will notice that everything is frozen when you play. This becomes very apparent when playing against things like Porcupines et.c. as those mobs shatter and don't shoot their spikes when we kill them.

Keep in mind that Hypothermia also reads: "Supported skills has 10% chance to freeze targets that are chilled".

This alone allows for SOs to keep everything perma frozen.

But you don't get additional -4% to res against monsters, who are frozen by Carrion Golems, as they use their own Hypothermia from the helmet. Or do you?
Last edited by Its_OP on May 18, 2021, 4:05:50 PM
"
Nexi wrote:
Even if you deal a "freezing" hit (like a crit), you'll only actually freeze if the effective freeze duration is 0.3 seconds or more. If you don't, the freeze is ignored. Because our SO specters deal relatively low damage hundreds of times, every freezing hit will be entirely discarded against bosses.

With good enough gear you might hit the point where you start freezing some map bosses, but by that point the boss is going to die within a few frames regardless. Any time that your specters are dealing 5% of a bosses life per projectile, that boss isn't going to exist much longer. Basically, we don't freeze anything, even most rares are well beyond our freeze threshold.

Additionally, even if you could freeze with your specters, the freeze would constantly be being overwritten by the higher duration freezes our Carrion golems would be inflicting and you'd lose divergent bonus anyway.

After looking into freeze mechanics abit more you're probably onto something. For a boss or a monster to be frozen our SO needs to hit the target for 5% of their max HP or else, divergent hypothermia doesn't work. Never knew this was the case.

My SO currently hits for 250k per attack which isn't enough to freeze big bosses. I just automatically assumed that the -4% cold res always was active.

I'll have to look into it more.
Hi!

Um... "don't use Harmonies" Whaaaaa! I spent so much money on them...

Should I ditch them all for watcher's eyes? What about the amount of golems then, doesn't that go out the window?

Also, any ideas of what to use instead of hypotermia?

Thx! :)
Can you explain how in your pob for ultimatum league you're having assassins' mark in your weapon?
"
Turentkm wrote:
Can you explain how in your pob for ultimatum league you're having assassins' mark in your weapon?

Oh right!
I was using Nublock Oskarm Gloves on my AG and put on a level 10 Assassin's Mark in my weapon to simulate it for single target.

Unfortunately those gloves don't work on him so I had to switch to Elemental Weakness corrupted gloves instead.

Updated the PoB:
https://pastebin.com/9TyfGhdx
Last edited by Deadandlivin on May 19, 2021, 7:24:59 AM
"
Hi!

Um... "don't use Harmonies" Whaaaaa! I spent so much money on them...

Should I ditch them all for watcher's eyes? What about the amount of golems then, doesn't that go out the window?

Also, any ideas of what to use instead of hypotermia?

Thx! :)

Removing Harmonies shouldn't be too bad, they were like 10 chaos whole league :P
If you're still using a stone golem there's nothing wrong with using Harmonies either as they still provide 40%. It's just that Eminences are better as they buff the build more as a whole.

I'm using a 15% movement speed, 10% attack dodge Watchers Eye and I like it alot. We only need 3 Primordial Items to get +2 Golems from Anima stone. We're still using 2 Eminences and 1 Might.

I'm currently experimenting with Anomalous Predator which gives -4%(6% with AG) elemental resistances to marked targets. Actually works really well and I like it for single target as it forces spectres to stay on the boss when I'm running away. Divergent Predator might be better but it's hard to measure as it only affects the spectre dps.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Turentkm wrote:

Oh right!
I was using Nublock Oskarm Gloves on my AG and put on a level 10 Assassin's Mark in my weapon to simulate it for single target.

Unfortunately those gloves don't work on him so I had to switch to Elemental Weakness corrupted gloves instead.

Updated the PoB:

Thank you for the update.

Also, if you could, can you take a look at my pob, a bit stuck with the updates - the priority, maybe change something for a bit better dps without major currency investment for qol.

https://pastebin.com/MEPUrkH3

As of the update plan, its helmet with hypothermia or even with crit, awakening gems, better wand and amulet.

Thank you for the guide!!
Last edited by Turentkm on May 19, 2021, 8:30:38 AM
"
Turentkm wrote:
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Turentkm wrote:

Oh right!

Updated the PoB:

Thank you for the update.

Also, if you could, can you take a look at my pob, a bit stuck with the updates - the priority, maybe change something for a bit better dps without major currency investment for qol.

https://pastebin.com/MEPUrkH3

As of the update plan, its helmet with hypothermia or even with crit, awakening gems, better wand and amulet.

Thank you for the guide!!

What's your current Animate Guardian wearing?
Can't see that in your PoB.

As for upgrade paths. If I were you I would:
1. Get Awakened Elemental Damage with Attacks, Awakened Minion damage and Awakened Vicious Proj for both your minions. (Get Multistrike and AGMP later)
2. Save up for either a Auls Uprising or a +2 Jade amulet with high dex and Life. Aul's is more defensive, +2 is more offensive.
If you go Aul's get Watchers Eye and Vaal Grace together with the amulet.
3. Get a 7-link helm.
4. Get a +2 wand with minimum minimum 55% minion damage.
Any suffixes work because you can reforge keep prefix and multi mod 15% as and trigger.

After that we're talking more high investment items:
This will include a +2 minimum frenzy/power charge shield, other woke gems, Headhunter, +2 spectre boots and GG rings.
"
What's your current Animate Guardian wearing?
Can't see that in your PoB.

As for upgrade paths. If I were you I would:
1. Get Awakened Elemental Damage with Attacks, Awakened Minion damage and Awakened Vicious Proj for both your minions. (Get Multistrike and AGMP later)
2. Save up for either a Auls Uprising or a +2 Jade amulet with high dex and Life. Aul's is more defensive, +2 is more offensive.
If you go Aul's get Watchers Eye and Vaal Grace together with the amulet.
3. Get a 7-link helm.
4. Get a +2 wand with minimum minimum 55% minion damage.
Any suffixes work because you can reforge keep prefix and multi mod 15% as and trigger.

After that we're talking more high investment items:
This will include a +2 minimum frenzy/power charge shield, other woke gems, Headhunter, +2 spectre boots and GG rings.

My AG is using the same gear as from the medium investment build - Kingmaker, Eye of Malice, Gruthkuls Pelt, Windshriek boots with 2% life regen lab enchant.

Awakened Minion damage and vicious proj should go for both golems and specters? (im not good with english, maybe I didnt understand correctly)

Also, should i remove the other big cluster and build the same tree as you have atm or its better to leave it like this, but tu add the watcher eye with aul?

Last edited by Turentkm on May 19, 2021, 10:34:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info