Fire Trap

If I crit with the initial Fire Trap and consequently burn everyone struck, how does the damage calculate? Is the burning lava ground damage entirely wasted?
the ground would be wasted for 4 seconds (or more via burn duration) if the ignite via crit from initial hit is stronger in burning damage than the ground.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
the ground would be wasted for 4 seconds (or more via burn duration) if the ignite via crit from initial hit is stronger in burning damage than the ground.

The ground burning stacks with ignite burning(like from fire dmg crits or chance to ignite).
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

The ground burning stacks with ignite burning(like from fire dmg crits or chance to ignite).

Two opposite answers! Aahhh! Does that mean you could have a crit burn, chance to ignite burn, and fire trap burn all stack at the same time?

Also, will the Witch Passive "Blast Radius" (8% increased radius of skills, 12% increased area damage) improve the explosion damage, burning damage, both, or neither?
the ground burning... is still burning damage. only strongest burning damage works at a given time. running righteous fire, i cannot gain a combined burn damage total from torch throwers in act 1. another case is i crit via a (weak) fireball right before something walks into the ground burn of fire trap, only the fire trap's damage was applied while the foe was inside it.

edit: sorry for not answering the new questions. burn damage is all the same jsut different method of application. a crit is 100% chance to ignite while the support gem for ignite chance works on non crits. dev said AoE damage boost would work on the ground sometime, i can't tell for sure at this moment. AoE does work on the explosion hit though for sure.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Feb 20, 2013, 3:13:40 AM
Mark claims Ignite and Ground Fire do stack. :)
It's Burning damage, but not the Burning Status Ailment.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 20, 2013, 9:05:05 AM
Right I was too lazy to find the post again. Burning is just a term for fire degen. It's not a single exclusive mechanic, just like you can have multiple sources of chaos degen at the same time. The only thing that doesn't stack is multiple degens from the same source, for example multiple fire traps or multiple poison arrow don't stack with each other. But RF+Fire trap ground+Ignite should stack, and at least fire trap+ignite do unless they changed it since last time Mark mentionned it.
This is a recent issue I wonder if anyone else experienced it. I rely on Fire Trap as one of my main offensive spells, so I decided to take the passive that gives me one more trap. Now when I hover over Fire Trap in the skill slot it says I can have lay up to 4 traps, but only 3 traps ever charge (exactly like before I got the passive). I was hoping I would have one more to throw before the cooldown. Is this a bug or did I misunderstand the trap laying mechanism and/or the passive?
"
gingerboy wrote:
This is a recent issue I wonder if anyone else experienced it. I rely on Fire Trap as one of my main offensive spells, so I decided to take the passive that gives me one more trap. Now when I hover over Fire Trap in the skill slot it says I can have lay up to 4 traps, but only 3 traps ever charge (exactly like before I got the passive). I was hoping I would have one more to throw before the cooldown. Is this a bug or did I misunderstand the trap laying mechanism and/or the passive?

This was mentionned on like every page for the last 4 or 5 pages. It lets you drop 4 traps at the same time. It doesn't let you get 4 charges.
I'm curious to find out how FT and elemental damage support gems work in combination with Elemental Equilibrium.

I'm using Fire Trap as my main damage output and I'm looking for ways to improve the damage, I thought of adding both added colt and lightning damage to FT, will this calculate correctly or will it not trigger EE at all?

If this doesn't work the way I want to, would using 1 FT linked to just cold damage and another FT gem linked to lightning damage work correctly?
(This is only on explosion, it has already been answered that the burning ground does not apply the extra elemental damage)

Thank you in advance.

PS. I agree on transitioning your current charges when moving on the another zone (unless town).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info