Fire Trap

Well traps can be used when u have double totem, so it doesnt count as ur own damage. The traps are more like a summon. All they would heal, is themselve, what is impossible. So life leech is wasted on traps.
Last edited by xXSaithXx on Feb 11, 2013, 6:34:06 AM
Does iron will support gem and fire penetration affect fire trap? they show on the tool tip, and the cast speed is reduced per iron will, but cant tell if its actually doing more damage when the trap is triggered.
Lost to Apathy
Iron will should work,same for fire penetration.
Any outgoing effects work normally according to the spells properties, only backtracking effects, such as life leech, mana leech and charge gains, do not apply to you.
When a fire trap explodes can an enemy be burned by the explosion even though the ground is on fire dealing fire damage over time? so will the enemy be sitting there in lava, being hurt by the lava AND by the burn from the explosion?
Last edited by Kaepora on Feb 14, 2013, 8:00:31 PM
When is the spell damage coefficient applied? When you lay the trap or when the trap explodes?

The only reason i can think off for the firetrap reset after transition to next zone is to prevent abuse of that skill, by throwing all traps and porting out, then charged-up and port back in through a TP (pacticular on a teamate's).

But i wish GGG/dev could reset it back to just 1 instead, provided u got at least 1 trap charged-up.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
Kopfnuss wrote:
^this guy fucking said it. I made a trap-shaodw-guy, which is really fun and cool to play. I like the way traps work, i like how everything explodes, i like fire much. But that you have to idle for some seconds when entering a new area is really annoying. I had the same idea like Troglo, just +1 on every trap skill when entering a new area, and everything would be fine.

An other problem goes in the same direction. Although i'm fine with the recharge time on the trap stacks i feel it's a bit to long. I am using 3 FT-Gems right now and when i throw them all at once i have to wait 24 seconds (i think?) to recharge them all to 3. This fact is just annoying, but the times where i'm out of traps and need to kite monsters while waiting for the recharge are terrible.

So either choose the straight forward way and lower the recharge time a bit. Not too much needed, maybe like 2 seconds faster or so, OR, decrease the time based on the quality. This would also make getting quality on the traps more usefull, at the moment i don't feel it's needed to invest into 1,5% more burning damage. But if the cooldown goes down with increased quality, i would

lol i m also using 3 FT. but i dont think its 24secs. its much faster. i currently thinking of adding more FT.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
I seem to be having a peculiar problem regarding fire trap, I'm using this skill as a main source of damage because I will be going for a dual totem build. It seems that the tooltip doesn't change when I get a passive node regarding burning damage or flat fire damage. Is the gem not supposed to benefit from these passives and if so, could you please explain to me why that is.
Many thanks in advance!
Firetrap still can't affect Totems. Please fix that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info