Fire Trap

EE is a very simple mechanic, with one check per element:
If Fire damage is dealt, then +25% Fire Resist, else -50% Fire Resist
etc.

Neither setup will get you any meaningful benefit. The single Trap will just increase all Resistances, and the two-Trap setup only gets you increased Lightning and Cold damage, which are only a small part of your damage output.
I see, thank you!
Does fire resists affect the DoT?
Yes, Fire damage is resisted by Fire Resists :P
edit: i could swear i read it saying BURN DAMAGE.
just checked the game description and it says fire.
Last edited by firelinker on Feb 28, 2013, 4:20:48 PM
Does anyone know how crit % and mulitplier works on Fire Trap?

Does it only increase the initial blast? or the DoT aswell?

I'm pretty sure it works for the initial blast. But I'm not sure if it helps for the DoT (or both).

/me edit

Maybe the same question for spell damage.
Last edited by tr4nznrg on Mar 5, 2013, 11:50:26 AM
"
tr4nznrg wrote:
Does anyone know how crit % and mulitplier works on Fire Trap?

Does it only increase the initial blast? or the DoT aswell?

I'm pretty sure it works for the initial blast. But I'm not sure if it helps for the DoT (or both).

/me edit

Maybe the same question for spell damage.

dots can't crit in this game.

also, the burning patch of ground is only affected by +burn damage passives. spell, fire, elemental and etc wont add any damage on it.

Does anyone know how to calculate the damage the burn damage that Fire Trap does?

This is essentially a level 19 Fire Trap at 20% quality. Right now I'm torn between increasing my burning % further or just doing straight up fire damage. Apparently from what I've read, burning damage passives will increase the DoT potency. So does is then follow that Fire Trap does (459.5 *1.9) = 873.05 damage per second? (The DoT isn't accurate on the tooltip as the listed fire damage per second is the same on my equally leveled 9% quality gem).
Is the burning patch aoe affected by the IAOE gem and passives or is it just the initial explosion?
"
BeerGoggles wrote:
Is the burning patch aoe affected by the IAOE gem and passives or is it just the initial explosion?

Yes the fire patch gets larger with IAOE support gem and +radius passive points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info