Fire Trap

Does the Concentrated Effect support gem boost only the initial Fire Trap fire damage, or also the ground-burn damage as well?
"
Shmez wrote:
Does the Concentrated Effect support gem boost only the initial Fire Trap fire damage, or also the ground-burn damage as well?

Ground-burn damage is affected only by 'burning damage' mods, not even 'increased damage' affects it. Concetrated Effect gives more 'area damage' and thus it won't boost ground-burn damage.
If I put 2 fire traps NEAR, from different gems like this set:

Fire trap + Fire trap + 2 supports

The monster in this area will take damage from both Traps or from only one?

socket location makes no difference. if all are linked, then all get same supports. you won't lay two traps at once.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
socket location makes no difference. if all are linked, then all get same supports. you won't lay two traps at once.

You are wrong.
I can lay 3 traps at once.

My question is: If i put 3 traps in the same place, and all opens, I will have 3x damage explosion + 3x DOT?
you are throwing a single trap three times in a single spot. yes they'll all go off at same time when triggered. they each however have thier own damage and ground burning only applies once. so it is explosion + explosion + explosion + ground burn. you don't get to have a super fire damage for a crit burn.

you have 2 firetraps in a chain of linked sockets on gear, you DON"T throw 2 at a single moment. yes you could have always have 3 on the field at a given time.
it has been already reported but there are really nasty troubles with that skill.

I have managed to build a fire trap character in hardcore league.
Died because when i throw a trap under the cursor, there is like one time on 3 where the trap is not falling where i was targetting. Sometimes, i can see the trap coming from the opposite side of the screen !? (surely cuz of desync i guess)

And the Two Most annoying troubles are here :

When you lvl up your gem, all the traps stored (3/3) are reseted.

When you zone in or out, all the traps stored are reseted.

Let's take an easy exemple.

Let's say you are doing the cimetary map.
When you have to zone in that crazy boss's room with like 30 mobs aggroing you in that little room.

How are you supposed to survive or even kill a mod if your traps are reseted to 0 charges and you have to kite like a dumb while waiting a century to get all your charges back ?

And you can't take a portal to refill potions like others speced are doing because you will loose all yours traps.

It makes it completly wobbly when you want to focus on that skill only.

Died two time because of that and now, i'm wondering why that strange mechanic ?
Last edited by Madhibiki on Apr 3, 2013, 3:21:50 PM
Getting some screwy things happening when I link Fire Trap with Concentrated Effect.

In my normal 4L setup I have: Fire Trap - Fire Pen - Chance to Ignite - Elemental Proliferation

Got a 5L so I tried this setup by adding a Concentrated Effect.

What I noticed was that the burn duration is now screwed, if I throw a fire trap at mobs and then pull them away from the burning ground, the mobs initially hit by the explosion now only burn for about a second. As soon as I take the Concentrated Effect out, the mobs go back to burning for 4 seconds.

There's nothing listed in the skill description or the poe wiki about Concentrated Effect actually reducing status effect durations, so what gives?
^Perhaps with concentrated effect, the graphic for the 'burning ground' hasn't reduced in size, and they're leaving the actual effect sooner than you think. Just a theory.

My question: Can Spell Totem cast Fire Trap?
The ones initially hit by the fire trap, though, have a 4 second burn on them though that doesn't require them to be on the burning ground patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info