Path of Exile April Expansion Teaser

Some requests:

Crafting
In the announcement interviews etc, could you please discuss your short-term plans for crafting - will you enable more deterministic crafting post-Harvest nerfs, or is crafting after the Harvest-nerfs as good is it's going to get for the next 12 months or so?

Performance
Please post an announcement or a "Development Manifesto" on what you plan to do within the next 3-6 months to dramatically improve performance.

Loot drops and QoL
Please post an announcement or a "Development Manifesto" on what improvements, if any, the player base should expect over the next 3-6 months. E.g.
- are there any plans to improve performance by streamlining item loot drops
- are there any plans to improve player QoL e.g. by facilitating loot pick up with "click one / pick up all" for things like currency, legion shards, splinters, perandus coins etc

It is obviously GGG's prerogative to say anything or nothing at all, but I think it's safe to say that these topics are somewhat important to the community at large.

With the inevitable mix of cringe teaser/ blatant hype / dishonest spin that has become the core of every league cycle announcement, it would be great to hear about short-term plans to improve PoE before PoE2.

Thanks.

Ritual was my first league and I'm looking forward to play Ultimatum.
I trust in you guys making the right decisions for your game including all nerfs.

But then again I have two hard requests:
- performance improvements to have stable servers from day one
- permaban people that destroy the economy with tradebots and stuff

I traded with like five or six tradebots in my first league and it felt awkward.
Don't have the time to play SSF but I almost felt pressured to do so.
"
Finnien wrote:
I'll play again when they start listening to feedback from their players.

But they do listen to the Players, players like Mathil, ZiggyD, Ghazzy, Zizaran and many more. What do they all have in common? Getting paid to do Promotion, like paid Tweets, paid Streams, paid Interviews, paid Opinions and much more.

(Also playing PoE is for most of them a full-time Job, and you wouldn't raise your Voice against the Company that cares and provides for you right?)

All those do say that Harvest Nerf is reasonable and needed for the future of the Game, so just blindly listen to them, cause listening to paid Influencers is always good right?

Maybe GGG will come up with something to make up for the Nerfs, like they always did in the Past, right? oh wait, I cant actually remember a single instance on where we got something to make up for the Nerfs at all, its usually just Nerf and forget it was a thing ever.

This all can only change when you Vote with your Wallet and / or competition raises, otherwise Chris will just continue to only listen to the 1% and the 1% do not care about you, they thought the game was too easy with Harvest cause they do play 8h+ per day and make currency regardless, and its actually better for them if you don't have that much currency to enjoy the game, so you rather watch them play on Twitch.
The only logical and appropriate reaction to the Announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV-yfpZhSeo
so you want us be blind? ok, blizard v2
"
bustr wrote:
"
Finnien wrote:
I'll play again when they start listening to feedback from their players.

But they do listen to the Players, players like Mathil, ZiggyD, Ghazzy, Zizaran and many more. What do they all have in common? Getting paid to do Promotion, like paid Tweets, paid Streams, paid Interviews, paid Opinions and much more.

(Also playing PoE is for most of them a full-time Job, and you wouldn't raise your Voice against the Company that cares and provides for you right?)

All those do say that Harvest Nerf is reasonable and needed for the future of the Game, so just blindly listen to them, cause listening to paid Influencers is always good right?

Maybe GGG will come up with something to make up for the Nerfs, like they always did in the Past, right? oh wait, I cant actually remember a single instance on where we got something to make up for the Nerfs at all, its usually just Nerf and forget it was a thing ever.

This all can only change when you Vote with your Wallet and / or competition raises, otherwise Chris will just continue to only listen to the 1% and the 1% do not care about you, they thought the game was too easy with Harvest cause they do play 8h+ per day and make currency regardless, and its actually better for them if you don't have that much currency to enjoy the game, so you rather watch them play on Twitch.

Yep. The 1% can always abuse the broken mechanics before they get nerfed to be rich and then they can invest to become richer. Where for all of us left, we can’t use these broken mechanics because by the time we’re ready to do so they got nerfed. Then when a streamer/YouTuber explains how the 1% get rich and how Harvest nerf goes against the rest of us, he gets his account blocked under fake screenshots, if you know what I mean. It’s really really bad, what’s happening these days?

EDIT: I forgot to mention people playing multiple accounts on one pc, overflowing the market with beasts, white sockets armour, etc. These are what GGG should fight against.
Last edited by SlimShady63 on Mar 27, 2021, 4:31:50 AM
New cold gem? And I think it's mega-totem league. Looks like they can curse, slow, pulse and take control of mobs in the area.

Vaal was a league so I doubt it will be again.
Essence was a league so strike that off.

Aura League?

New lightning gem too by the looks of it. One that automatically shocks on hit and the shocked targets then explode or something like that.

Both probably rubbish against bosses.
so are you gonta fix, trade, craft, or drops ?
Last edited by pcfd on Mar 27, 2021, 9:13:27 AM
[Removed by Support], GGG just deliver decent leagues / changes as you always did.

Last edited by JC_GGG on Mar 27, 2021, 10:19:16 AM
"

szpax83 wrote:
"
I really wish people like you would stop talking nonsense. I played this league hard, I'm not a 1%er, but I had about 200ex into a bv fire conversion, explodey chest build, so I could clear maps like atoll in 1-2mins. I mixed up my atlas farming strats, so not to get bored.

But I still ran a whole lot of Atolls. I probably saw around 3 Aug crits, 2 Aug speed, maybe 6 Aug life all league. Let's not forget many mods like movement speed, life, gave multiple tiers, and more often than not you got t3, t4, maybe t6 rolls.

Harvest was not a frigging item editor as some like you seem to think. You had to spawn harvest, then spawn the seeds you want, then hope they gave the craft you wanted, then when using the craft you either needed to block mods where possible, and where not hope you didn't roll life regeneration instead of life. If you actually got the mod you wanted, you then had to hope it was not a crap tier.

6xt1 items were not caused by harvest, they were caused by harvest crafts being bought in bulk by uber rich players. Many of these 6xt1 items costs 100s of exalts in crafts, sometimes several mirrors.

So for goodness sake stop spouting nonsense making it sound like casuals were running round with this gear after 2 weeks.

I'm probably a top 5%er, and I didn't come close to getting 6xt1 gear, because I didn't buy crafts. Buying crafts was the problem, why is that so hard to understand?

All this change will do is inflate the price of the good crafts, so that surprise surprise, the gap between casuals and no-lifers widens again.

Jeez...

I'm probably a top 5%er
you play necro every league and got 24 chal what are you even talking about.
Selling crafts on disco was a no go, harvest was broken and made most of other content redundant, spam add remove was broken. It was aimed at helping casuals crafting but got abused by rest and nerfed, if someone dint see it coming sorry for you. I hear people saying they don't have time to grind for gear, wife kids job etc, thanks to harvest they can, i don't know but company name grinding gear games should give you hint. Argument that mirror tier items are to hard to obtain for casuals is silly you don't need 6x mirror tier items items to play game there are cheap builds that do whole content np. min maxing should be expensive and hard period. Call me stupid but i like to grind stuff and on end of league see it was worth it, and every league know my game knowledge make my gear better that's why i call bs when see people running 5x white harbingers, afk necro blighted maps, printing heist maps like before, flipping, or disco trade, and i also don't think dumbing down craft is a good thing. But i get why it may be appealing to some, ez explode chest, add removes for t1, yet i see poe as one of most challenging games and I'm happy devs try to keep it that way.

Do you honestly attack a player with 24 challanges, while you have 25 yourselfs?

Do you truly believe that this one more challange makes you more important, credible or smarter than him?

You also have the impression that the term "grinding gear games" means that without 24/7 gaming, nothing should be achievable.

Thats like saying Blizzard games, must all be played at Antarctica.

Last but not least, you look at the game from an RMT or POE trader perspective, not from that of a gamer. If you would play this game more, instead of taking shortcuts all the time by trading, you would realize how brutal this game is without them.

POE is only easy if you trade, its actually a walk in the park if you do, no matter how hard the content ever will be. That also was the case at D2, where 8 men baal runs were super easy with Enigma and co. but if you played legit without trade, even 2 player games could be tough.

Truth is, as long there is trading at POE; this game will struggle to find a way to give every player a decent journey. GGG will always be in the middle between giving players a chance to actually get somewhere by not making it too hard with items accessible, while others no matter what will use these shortcuts, exploit mechanics and demand even harder content, that never can exist as they always cheat by using trading as an escape route to success.

So many that demand harder content dont realize that this content would be there for them, if they would start playing legit without trades. This to understand doesnt require 40 challanges, but some common sense.

1)At no part i claim to better, i stated my doubts at him being top 5% players in whole game i stated i develop and like it, i never claim to be elite player.
2)i dont know where you got impression from i never ssf or craft. Also i never RMTed or suported such behaviour.
3)ggg said game is about grind on multiple occasions, and i was hoping its obvious to everyone.
4)''Truth is, as long there is trading at POE; this game will struggle to find a way to give every player a decent journey.''- there is ssf there is hc ssf trade league is a choice.
5) ''I had about 200ex into a bv fire conversion, explodey chest build, so I could clear maps like atoll in 1-2mins'',flexing thing like that also cast doubt at him being elite player, it mean he direct farm atoll on build that do 30-60 maps per hour and than say ''I probably saw around 3 Aug crits, 2 Aug speed, maybe 6 Aug life all league'' so he a)run uncompleted atlas b)play 30min a day 3)not being honest - please remember i judge only he's claim to be top player and for me 200 ex build doesn't make one, that would make trade bot gild owners, flippers, and rmt'ers god players.
6)he started post as reply to someone saying -''I really wish people like you would stop talking nonsense''. i don't think he got right to say that thing and flex some garbage on other player claiming to be elite,
Last edited by szpax83 on Mar 27, 2021, 11:21:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info