Remembering ExileCon

"
DaCurse wrote:
Do people refresh the forums to copy-paste the same harvest joke as soon as a new thread from GGG comes up? lol

Same handful of sour people every time. They will get bored of it eventually.
"
kole wrote:
"
dr4k0nir wrote:
That feeling when you close your eyes...

Tfw you close your eyes and repeat the same overused joke for the millionth time, comedy genius, get this man his Netflix special.

It's now more of a meme and no so much a joke in the traditional sense; sort of like "don't you guys have phones?"

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
cgexile wrote:
"
kole wrote:
"
dr4k0nir wrote:

Tfw you close your eyes and repeat the same overused joke for the millionth time, comedy genius, get this man his Netflix special.

It's now more of a meme and no so much a joke in the traditional sense; sort of like "don't you guys have phones?"

And just like jokes, memes too can be overused, your example just reinforces my point: The "don't you guys have phones" was funny the first 2 days, but got very old very fast.
Synthesised Synthesis of Synthetic Synthesising
-----------------------------------------------
Revert 3.7 melee changes | Tfw Synthesis still not core | REVERT SUNDER
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: JustineㆍFlorbelle [Removed by Support] imagine being a forum janitor lmao
"
kole wrote:

And just like jokes, memes too can be overused, your example just reinforces my point: The "don't you guys have phones" was funny the first 2 days, but got very old very fast.

True, jokes can get old fast. Memes can be refreshed to be funny, but I don’t think that is their ultimate purpose. They are a mark on game culture history, but you’re right what we have here will not have anyone burst out laughing.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I'm so tempted to riff off the line from Julius Caesar about not coming to praise Caesar... but I won't.

I actually would like to make it to an Exilecon, assuming there are any others. I might find the whole experience a bit of a letdown, especially with all the jabs and flight time involved, but then, I might not. Being a bit of a house mouse, I like the idea of going to cons... but wind up wandering around aimlessly wondering what to do next, and eventually curl up with a book, or more likely my laptop... and what's the point of going to Exilecon just to play PoE at the con site?

[Removed by Support]

Done rambling. You're welcome.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Mar 18, 2021, 12:57:34 PM
"
Nosferat wrote:
We all remember the over the top hype and the broken promises. We also remember that you haven't given any serious update about poe2 since exilecon 2019. No blog post,no dev commentary....nothing.

There could be 2 hypotheses:
1- They are waiting for a prediction on the launch of Diablo4, to avoid overlap .... the players would find themselves at a crossroads, and the risk of losing a lot of support for a long time is very high.
2- If their numbering is consistent, we are currently at 3.13, while POE2 is given as 4.0.
From 3.13 to 3.99 you can make 2 calculations, if they keep 4 leagues for each year .... about 20 years?:DDD ... I will probably already be dead before the release of poe2.

I can still have fun with something else, there are many other games, there is not only poe / diablo .... this should be understood better by those who persist in complaining.
EXILECON was one of the most memorable events in PoE more than then, I was shocked only by the news about Harvest.
PoE 2 will be delayed a lot. GGG can't hire new people.
Probably 2023 release is the best guess.
"
kole wrote:
"
dr4k0nir wrote:

Thanks, made my day.

Edit: Wait... I know you.
Arian Synthesis of G3
Last edited by Pelagoth on Mar 18, 2021, 11:49:44 AM
meh
Last edited by in_hop_in on Mar 18, 2021, 12:40:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info