Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Psych0Daddy wrote:
Ironicly i bought harvest supporter pack to honor that harvest comes back... That's ridiculous. Who the hell comes up with such an idea. Do something useful, like improving over all trading and game performance, how its mentioned by thousands of people.

thousands of people don't matter. it's only a handful that matter to this company.

today, i spent almost all of my currency to craft a better pair of boots. 20ex, 2k chaos, don't know how many other orbs... and the boots are crap. i seem to get the worst luck with no harvests spawning, well, i got 3 harvests in close to 600 maps with one being the heart. seems to just be the way this company works so i for one will be gone when the planned harvest nerfs come. if they actually decide to keep harvest and listen to all of those that don't want the nerfs, then i will stay. but players like myself that have put in hours each day for nothing but wasted time and maps with no harvest... this badly needs to be fixed. no, i don't have a credit card to throw at this game with no care of costs. i'm on a fixed income and when i'm able to afford a few bucks here and there, i buy stuff with the hope that the company actually cares about it's players. sadly not the case. GGG only cares about the 1% so why should i care about GGG
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
Psych0Daddy wrote:
Ironicly i bought harvest supporter pack to honor that harvest comes back... That's ridiculous. Who the hell comes up with such an idea. Do something useful, like improving over all trading and game performance, how its mentioned by thousands of people.

I totally feel your pain. Unfortunately GGG seems to be pretty set in this heavy-handed response.

We have to wait for POE2 for all of those improvements.
"
iatethem wrote:
"
Psych0Daddy wrote:

I totally feel your pain. Unfortunately GGG seems to be pretty set in this heavy-handed response.

We have to wait for POE2 for all of those improvements.

POE2 hahaha we have to wait for 2 years to find out POE died in 2021? nope.
They know what they have to do. if they want GGG to be a company in 2023 they have to bring back harvest. [Removed by Support] they continue to say nothing!
Last edited by Al_GGG on Apr 1, 2021, 9:48:44 PM
GGG wants ideas for them to bounce the ideas among all the other data they have. If you guys just keep harping on how dead POE is, saying GGG is heading in wrong direction etc is not going to help you or them. GGG has more data that what a normal player can see or know. Its the same as all those criticism and flame forum on government around the world and do you think the government will listen to your grumblings or they rely on their research and data which covers millions of people?

If you want to help GGG, give them constructive ideas. Ideas that not only benefit yourself but potentially the millions of players out there. Steam player count is just a tiny fraction of the actual player count out there especially when taking China players tally into account.

If you say nerfing Harvest will drive away players and sales, then GGG need to see it on their next data set to know it is true. When Harvest was not added into core during Heist league, the sales and players count in Heist league did not drop but increase. So how do one justify that without Harvest POE is dead?

There are some ideas being thrown in here that I am sure GGG taken note of and maybe it will be implemented/tweaked in future league and GGG appreciate all that.
Hello everyone.
At the beginning I have to say, that this is the first post I have ever put on the forum. my first login was on Dec 13, 2013 and it was very interesting all those years and the very beginnings of developing the game. along with the game, players also developed, it was a time when GGG listened to the community. Over the years it has simply been lost and gone. A lot of the players I’ve met through that time over the past 2 years have stopped playing poe, and are playing arpg games that are miles behind poe. why?
The point is, in principle, the relationship and interaction between the community and the developer.
"Some will say, ok, the game is free, and they can do with it whatever they want." Unfortunately, it hasn't been free for a long time, because for normal poe playing, you need various stash (you can't put everything in basic stash, there are no sales because they are not premium), extra character slot, etc.
A lot of players reacted to the changes in the harvest, it was a trigger, it's not a harvest problem (too strong - yes), because it didn't even exist in the last league, as I said, it's a matter of principle. You can't give something to players and then take or remove from the game, destroying builds, skills, tree skills, reduce drop, reduce the ability to make good items, destroy fun, because of the 1% player who prints mirrors in a way that abused the mechanics of each league like haist, harvest, bestiary, delve, delirium, etc. Players who play on 6 computers (5 characters afk) collecting all sorts of Maven's Invitation. In the end, as always, casual players who can't invest more time in gaming suffer.
There are those of us who can’t play 10 hours a day, maybe we manage 15-20 hours a week. And such casual gamers are currensy collectors for bots, scammers (this is not a problem in the game), who later sell exalts and other currensy and items for real money.
I watched a video a couple of months ago, which was removed where one famous streamer explains game play, the way the build works, another and this one doesn't understand anything, and it has a gear worth 10-15 mirrors (I think it had 3 voices , explode chast), and he doesn't know what divine orb, bless orb is for, he asks such stupid questions and I think to myself wtf, where did you get that from, and you don't understand the concept of the game, let alone the way of craft.
There are also players who have never crafted, just bought ready-made items, like my friend to whom I made items with other members of the guild, realistically they don't care about harvesting or anything else.
There is an IT solution for everything, there are a lot of player suggestions, but I'm afraid there is no one to listen to it anymore.
It is interesting that those who justify GGG on the forum, in turn, all have closed profiles in private.
I appeal to GGG, listen to the community, don’t let it happen to you like it happened to Diablo III and Blizzard.
I’m really sorry but after so many years I’ll take a break from poe. everyone is talking about the game last epoch, so I'll try it too.
There’s a lot more to say, but for what, you can’t change that anyway.

Who knows maybe someone is listening ?!
"
Kairuto2020 wrote:
GGG wants ideas for them to bounce the ideas among all the other data they have. If you guys just keep harping on how dead POE is, saying GGG is heading in wrong direction etc is not going to help you or them. GGG has more data that what a normal player can see or know. Its the same as all those criticism and flame forum on government around the world and do you think the government will listen to your grumblings or they rely on their research and data which covers millions of people?

If you want to help GGG, give them constructive ideas. Ideas that not only benefit yourself but potentially the millions of players out there. Steam player count is just a tiny fraction of the actual player count out there especially when taking China players tally into account.

If you say nerfing Harvest will drive away players and sales, then GGG need to see it on their next data set to know it is true. When Harvest was not added into core during Heist league, the sales and players count in Heist league did not drop but increase. So how do one justify that without Harvest POE is dead?

There are some ideas being thrown in here that I am sure GGG taken note of and maybe it will be implemented/tweaked in future league and GGG appreciate all that.

They've had many constructive ideas, they've acknowledged none of them, and continue to censor posts.

Stop defending GGG so blindly.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Apr 2, 2021, 5:34:16 AM
"
Kairuto2020 wrote:

Wow. You whole argument is mindblowingly flawed.

Like it has been said, there were tons of constructive ideas even before the manifesto was announced. GGG re-introduced Harvest in a way that was just shortsighted. Then they ignored all constructive ideas and went for overkill nerfs instead. That fact has been one of the biggest concerns throughout the whole thread. How could you possibly miss that?

The rest of your arguement is essentially based on the idea, that GGG has lots of data and the manifesto is based on that data. However, the manifesto clearly states that the nerfs are about GGGs philosophy, so there is absolutely no reason to assume that they based their decision on any data in the first place. That is the second big concern.

You actually managed to miss the whole point of the criticism completety.
Last edited by Shafirion on Apr 2, 2021, 5:46:49 AM
No more comment
Last edited by UKlimanco on Apr 19, 2021, 4:36:54 AM
there have been some people (between the really loud pro- and anti-harvest change people....) that offered constructive criticism and there's just no sign that they are actually reading them. i mean... i want to believe they are and just won't say anything just yet, but the way the manifesto was written doesn't give me a lot of hope lol

in the long run, i think the harvest nerfs are mostly fine. they would have to rebalance the game around it if it stayed that way, making everything far too powerful and almost impossible to do for the average player without godly gear. i had fun with it and yeah i'm sad about it, but after thinking about it for a while, it was needed. the nerfs arent so bad that its completely useless anyways and is still very viable; just needs more effort put in (and yeah, a little more rng).

HOWEVER, i still wish they would make them tradeable because this doesn't solve the scamming problem at all. that's the one thing i'm just absolutely hoping they're considering, if they're reading any of this at all. making harvests tradeable isn't going to make it any more overpowered because people are already doing that through tft anyways, and the nerfs aren't going to stop it. i'm not sure why they can't make it like beast orbs, unless they're worried about bots taking it over or something, but... you have people running 6 accounts to farm beasts and feared rotas, so...
My solution for Harvest would be to rewire the craft costs, instead of life force it should be the corresponding orb it imitates.

That Way even those buying crafts will need way more currency to create perfect items and the remove 1 for 1 wont be used in bulk because annulment orbs are rare.

Harvest is too cheap for its own good,life force has no value outside of harvest so by making the player pay the Orb he wants to use as a harvest craft it increases the value of all currency items used in harvest crafting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info