Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

If Discord pooling crafts is a challenge to you GGG, deal with that directly. Do not harm the legitimate use. To many players, it could the only potential content that worth the grinding. In fact, during the two month period of the already nerfed to death version of harvest, I didn't make anything that worth a second look. I also observed a lot of player actually just don't even bother hop into the grave portal.

Making a good content is not easy but tearing down it could be like flick a pest. Do not force players to play in your way.
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Wurstuskotus wrote:
GGG you don't play your own game huh?!

They never.....they admitted that they just copy build from the internet.

Also look at the past record of QA. Quite a lot of bad game design should be spotted in alpha stage, not in the release product (despite league is always an open beta)

Yep, this is what I'm trying to raise here, less about the harvest nerfs and more about their decisions as a business. How is it possible that a business fails to address issues that they constantly get reminded about? That's incompetence.

Lots of gaslighting going on here too, with supposed non-harvesters/exalt printers claiming harvest makes the game too easy and a game shouldn't be easy if it is an arpg. Fact is, gambling with exalts pays off, like, never? This nerf hasn't fixed that issue. Which is why I am contesting.
Last edited by HowToGusta on Mar 12, 2021, 5:35:27 PM
"
"
Zepepsico wrote:

I disagree. Everyone may want a min-maxed character, but it should not be obtainable unless with serious and extreme efforts!

I assume that you like myself and im sure many others also work 2 jobs 60-70 hours a week? Possibly with a family and maybe youre a good parent/partner and dont spend 6-12 hours a night on PoE? You're okay with chasing a build for years even if its nerfed into unplayability 7 months into your journey because 2 streamers made that build with 3000 ex budgets and it made GGGs personal preferences pout?

I would love to see your stream on how you make 200 ex an hour at 2 hours maximum a night.

I forgot the persons name but someone made a video on youtube that used to old crafting system to make a 2H axe that took 2 years and 15,000 exalts to min-max. That still leaves 8 pieces to craft. I would LOVE to see your stream at 2 hours a night as you farm in the ballpark of 40,000 exalts for the next 10 years and show us all how much fun you are having.

That’s an odd assumption to make. Not everyone is minimum wage working 70 hours a week. Some people have good careers.

I don’t min-max. I play a character until I’m done and move on, as the game does not require min maxing to play. So these changes don’t affect me. Harvest was helpful, but unnecessary for the game.

All the rage in this thread is from people with short sighted vision of game design. This is not the last change to crafting, despite the overreaction here
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.
"
Ghostseer wrote:
"
"
Zepepsico wrote:

I disagree. Everyone may want a min-maxed character, but it should not be obtainable unless with serious and extreme efforts!

I assume that you like myself and im sure many others also work 2 jobs 60-70 hours a week? Possibly with a family and maybe youre a good parent/partner and dont spend 6-12 hours a night on PoE? You're okay with chasing a build for years even if its nerfed into unplayability 7 months into your journey because 2 streamers made that build with 3000 ex budgets and it made GGGs personal preferences pout?

I would love to see your stream on how you make 200 ex an hour at 2 hours maximum a night.

I forgot the persons name but someone made a video on youtube that used to old crafting system to make a 2H axe that took 2 years and 15,000 exalts to min-max. That still leaves 8 pieces to craft. I would LOVE to see your stream at 2 hours a night as you farm in the ballpark of 40,000 exalts for the next 10 years and show us all how much fun you are having.

That’s an odd assumption to make. Not everyone is minimum wage working 70 hours a week. Some people have good careers.

Lol, he's not assuming, he's explaining his circumstances in a sarcastic way. Like, the amount of time he has obviously doesn't compare to others who might be at school or have no serious responsibilities other than taking care of themselves.
Bring back Eternal Orbs then :)
"
Ghostseer wrote:
"
"
Zepepsico wrote:

I don’t min-max. I play a character until I’m done and move on, as the game does not require min maxing to play. So these changes don’t affect me. Harvest was helpful, but unnecessary for the game.

All the rage in this thread is from people with short sighted vision of game design. This is not the last change to crafting, despite the overreaction here

People with "good careers" as you call it usually work at least 60-70h a week. That is what makes a career good - high salary, but that comes at a price. Much responsiblity and high workload. High salary and much free time to play games is an illusion.

If you don't min-max, that does not mean no one else does it or should do it. Don't extrapolate your expectations on everyone else.

The last point you are making seems also off. If crafting is to be changed even more in the future, why would you remove Harvest right now? Why not fix it all together, at the right time?
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Interesting that this is what is prioritized with so many other technical issues that folks have pointed out.

This type of stuff, while inconvenient, doesn't really impact the streamers playing 16 hours a day, but makes it significantly more difficult for a casual player to hit some nice items.

Wonder if I can just get a refund on the packs I've purchased, feel a bit stupid having supported the game now that it's rather apparent that GGG is just further hammering the casual players.
Last edited by jakepbrown on Mar 12, 2021, 5:44:54 PM
Ive already quit playing
If you feel the same about the nerf
I implore you to boycott the game too
I never post on the forums, but I wanted to show my supporter packs. I regret supporting GGG by buying Harvest pack a few weeks ago. Have I known about these changes I would have not done it. I am not going to be petty enough to ask for a refund, but I think this is the last time I am supporting GGG until they show me their commitment to making item drops be "exciting" and primary ways of acquiring loot.

I think it is short sighted to nerf Harvest now when most of the dropped items are garbage and there is so many of them. Harvest changes should have been bundled with something positive. Like we are culling the quantity of loot and enabling smart loot to make drops better. They could have expanded Harvest storage or made nerfed crafts tradeable. Instead they just nerfed it into the ground and gave us nothing in return.

This is while making one of the most out of touch manifestos. I will still play the leagues. But as far as giving GGG money, I will need to see them stick to their design philosophies. Cause right now they claim the don't want Harvest to he be the source of the best items. Then what is the source then? It is definitely not item drops.
Yeah I don't really like those changes, but I see where you are coming from.

ALthough I feel the manifesto was somewhat poorly written (No offence...)

Saying that the sentiment of PoE is to have your eyes closed and exalt slam isn't exactly what I think you've tried to convey, rather than you do enjoy that there is risk to be taken when it comes to item aquisition and that Harvest managed to circumvent that. I get that this doesn't fit your vision with the game, and to an extent I agree with it.

It's a bit upsetting that you acknowledge the issues that TFT proposes in its existance, but past that, there isn't much of a word to it that applies a future change / considered change to fight that in any capacity.

I've had to read the part with player retention a few times to actually understand what you, I hope at least, mean that. The fear for you as a business, I assume at least, and as passionate devs, is that you want people to play for longer. THe way it is worded right now you believe that players will quit sooner, and people took it the wrong way because quite clearly, reading trough the pages as I have been for a while now (so exhausting x.x), this isn't the case. But it's not just this league you take into perspective, but potential future ones. A player that has achieved everything in one league, what reason may they have to return to the next one at all?

But this is where you are disconnected from the playerbase. A lack of faith even, if you will. Harvest, even in its current form, made people have goals within the league, made them delve deeper into the mechanics of the game, made them attempt previously unreachable bosses, especially given most, by the looks of it anyway, enjoy doing whacky builds, too. Even when people reached their ultimate, PERSONAL peak, there was still bosses to fight, farming to be done, and grinding to be enjoyed. And a sense of acomplishment, to continously improving your items YOURSELF, bit by bit. It was fun.

There is one thing I personally had to chuckle about. YOu complain about how, when people poll their craft together, it creates an unbalance in the league. But, this always was kinda the case. And yet we still played the game. Why? Personally speaking, because what does my enjoyment have to do with what others are doing? I got my share of fun, such as it was :D

I urge you to rethink the harvest changes. I agree a nerf is in order. I've spent a long essay in a post to attempt to dissect your post as best as possible and how I understood it, how I think a majority of the community understood it, and I think the changes are too drastic for the people to accept. We may have to anyway, I have faith in GGG personally and if this change is what the game needs in their opinion, then I am willing to give it my shot, but I see myself going back to 2-3 weeks each league playing bare essentials, despite how absolutly epic the mavenfight and boss-gauntlets are.

Just my two cents
Spoiler
Shameless link to people wondering what post I am talking about. Warning, long. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3070005

Edit: I have to say I find it disgusting how so many showcase their supporterpacks etc, like it gives them some form of entitlement. It feels, unnecessary. You've bought them because you've supported the game until now. Which for many of you, is many years in the game. And suddenly a powercreep change irks you to revoke all that support in one go? It's, quite frankly, insane.

I don't go buy apples for 3 years, eat them with delight, and after finding one spoiled one, ask for refund of 3 years purchasing apples. Do you understand how insane that sounds?
Last edited by Rakushi on Mar 12, 2021, 5:54:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info