0.9.9 Patch Notes

"
IrishKigoi wrote:
Not really. This is the sort of poorly designed stuff I've come to expect. It's like I keep hoping for the best, and then consistently disappointed.

Sad really...
Constructive criticism is better than sarcasm if you want the game to improve. Most of the initial, low-level feedback I've read has been positive, so GGG must have done something right.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Nice patch! Thank you!
Keep working!
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
Rolled a HC Witch, relied on Zombie and Firestorm/Spark with a fast Eldritch Battery build to never run out of mana. Had a lot of fun and some near death experiences in the prison, that Glacial Hammer guy is really nasty! Anyway, got to the Warden's Quarters and was devastated at the lack of usable corpses. I think there might've been one at the start which I raised but then lost to an inconvenient disconnect. So without any Zombie, Brutus ran up to me, hit me, I chugged all 3 of my life flasks (yeah I should have had 4) at once but he hit me again and left me with that horrible, horrible window in the middle of the screen. Loving how difficult normal is now, but please please please let minions travel between (sub)instances with us or at the very least add some enemies or usable corpses before Brutus.
Played through again to Rocky Climb Waypoint, a Ranger twinked with gear the Marauder had collected.

I dunno if the variance between melee and ranged chars is so severe, or if being twinked made the difference (the best gear she used my Ranger found). But not having to get up close and personal with all those specials definitely made things easier! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Loving the difficulty as well. Makes me more careful about equipment selection. Also makes flasks feel more useful, I barely ever used them before and didn't care much about the bonus stats. Now I'm chugging like crazy and can't wait for a good flask drop. Glad that magic drops are reduced too, not constantly running out of wisdom scrolls.

Before this patch it was easy to just run through areas quickly, kill enemies if I felt like it. Now it feels like progression is more meticulous, which extends the play and adds a sense of reward for getting through a map.

Awesome patch!!
Woots
Keep your dirty non-constructive comments and mindless debates out from this thread, this is for announcements, can't you read people ?
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
We are proudly supporting Path of Exile at www.gamereaper.net as Kiwi's Rule!!!

cannot wait
~Anthrax
www.GameReaper.net
is the patch coming today to europe?
See you in cutthroat!

...and if you have one beta key left, i have a many friends that are waiting to play PoE.
"
lord_dash2 wrote:
is the patch coming today to europe?
It is already out. The patches are global.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info