Why do you guys just accept the gamestate?

"
Destructodave wrote:
This game, or at least this forum, is nothing but white knights and people trying to flex on others. You literally make their day by complaining about something.

It also attracts people who arent good at other games, but can play a game thats based more on time spent than mechanical ability, and flex their gaming muscles. These people are like the 4'9 guys with Napoleon complexes always trying to fight everyone. Thats what I envision most of the "hardcore gamers" that eat whatever poop sandwich GGG serves up to be, while they mercilessly mock/flame/belittle anyone who posts an issue they have with the game.

Really, the best course of action is to simply not play until its at a state thats more fun to you. And dont give the white knights any feel-goods they look for while they spam refresh every 2 minutes on this forum.

I'm far from a white night usually posting about boring game play poor combat and tedious BS like unveiling but fact is game is supposed to be hard at tippy top, which Vaal temple is, because it has a very competitive HC scene. Who can kill certain bosses first who can lvl to 100 first etc. If you can't handle that maybe game isnt for u or stop at red maps which is very good.

Bottom line - you're supposed to be one shot unless you put time in to learn mechanics and get GG gear.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 25, 2021, 3:42:26 PM
First, after getting one shot I'd blame myself, my build, my lack of defenses instead of getting angry at the game or devs. Maybe I had too dangerous map mods or maybe it wasn't even a one shot, but more like a 20-shot where 20 mobs at a time attacked me as it sometimes happens and I just happened to die.

Second, even if it's the game's fault, it's not game breaking. I got one shot? So what? Plus it's just a game. And even more so - it's a PvE game. I can't get so pissed over a PvE game. And if other people have beaten its content then we return to first point again - it's a player problem, not a game problem.

Either way unless there are technical problems that make the game unplayable I don't see any reason to throw tantrums.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Why does nobody say, "Hey. GGG. It's not okay that I randomly take 10k damage from a random white enemy's auto attack, post-mitigation."

Because good players eigher don´t get hit or don´t take 10k dmg from white mobs post mitigation?
I can literally stay in Wave 20 Simulacrum for 3.5 - 4 Seconds without doing anything, not taking any dmg that I am not outregenerating. Your build sucks, stop blaming the game.

"
Why do you all just allow this? You're allowed to make complaints.

And I will make complaints when I feel they bring something to the discussion aside from baby-like crying. Once again, check your defensive layers. There is more to the game than max HP/ES and 75 all res.

"
So if you're not a masochist, why not stand up for yourself?

I am only dying to my own mistakes, why would I ever blame someone else but myself for it?

"
You don't have to take it.

Yes, I think I do because it´s a difficult game and it should be punished if you play bad.

Ah yes, the " if other players are dying they are just bad or incompetent" fallacy.

Spoiler alert; this clown dropped 100+ ex on his gear just to call others bad for not doing the same and dying to random 1 shots that could not be anticipated nor telegraphed in any way, therefore their fault, and definitely not a flaw in game design...

how dare people complain about cheap tactics, the nerve of the rabble! /s

There is a reason you aren't a dev, game would have been killed if you had any actual power in product decision making. This is like a decked out juggernaut complaining that people are complaining about rippy content when they arent playing a jugg
Last edited by Sfsean04 on Feb 25, 2021, 6:59:29 PM
"
Ah yes, the " if other players are dying they are just bad or incompetent" fallacy.

Spoiler alert; this clown dropped 100+ ex on his gear just to call others bad for not doing the same and dying to random 1 shots that could not be anticipated nor telegraphed in any way, therefore their fault, and definitely not a flaw in game design...

There is a reason you aren't a dev, game would have been killed if you had any actual power in product decision making. This is like a decked out juggernaut complaining that people are complaining about rippy content when they arent playing a jugg

First of all: It´s more like 350-400ex.

Second: That has to do what exactly with the given topic? Most of those 300ex went straight into pure dmg and micro-improvements on the gear. I get nearly the same tankyness on a 10ex budget (if we ignore the helmet for now).

Third: No, of course you can´t build exactly those defensive layers on every char. But there are others as well? Take pure evasion chars for example: There is a reason softcore plebs run Carcass Jack while HC players play with Kintsugi. That swap alone helps tremendeously vs. oneshots. But Softcores are all like "I need to kill FAAAST". There are so many other mechanics u can use - endurance charge generation via cluster jewels, hardened scares anoint for fortify for ranged chars, energy shield on block, Mind over Matter, sources of reduced damage taken, sources for less damage taken (yes, those are 2 different things. Once again: learn defensive layers), you name it... But you´re right, I guess the Thread-Owner knows all that and thats why he is dying to white mobs.
A gamer is as faithful as his options.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
"
Sfsean04 wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Why does nobody say, "Hey. GGG. It's not okay that I randomly take 10k damage from a random white enemy's auto attack, post-mitigation."

Because good players eigher don´t get hit or don´t take 10k dmg from white mobs post mitigation?
I can literally stay in Wave 20 Simulacrum for 3.5 - 4 Seconds without doing anything, not taking any dmg that I am not outregenerating. Your build sucks, stop blaming the game.

"
Why do you all just allow this? You're allowed to make complaints.

And I will make complaints when I feel they bring something to the discussion aside from baby-like crying. Once again, check your defensive layers. There is more to the game than max HP/ES and 75 all res.

"
So if you're not a masochist, why not stand up for yourself?

I am only dying to my own mistakes, why would I ever blame someone else but myself for it?

"
You don't have to take it.

Yes, I think I do because it´s a difficult game and it should be punished if you play bad.

"
yamface wrote:
I'm not going to pretend like the incoming damage is in good state but it's giga cringe when the same people who build glass cannon can't understand why they get 1 shot so much.

The truth is very hard to swallow but the fact of the matter is building glass cannon is easy and convenient. Players who have only played glass cannon and nothing else are still noobs at this game.. because they have yet to figure out how to properly make a real build.

Here is exhibit A: person who dumps all of his money into damage and then cries game hits too hard.

Poe is truly a unique game. I think this is the only game where I watch players unironically become confused that their glass cannons are glass. It truly is intriguing.

Perhaps you didn't invest enough money into your build? 100ex doesnt sound like a lot. Maybe spend another 100ex in damage and you might magically be tanky enough to not be 1 shot anymore :)
Criticize the game all you want, but don't turn it around and make it seem like it's a problem with the rest of us. I have few problems with the game. This is between you and you.
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
Last edited by Noble_Seiken on Feb 25, 2021, 9:46:03 PM
The Diablo-like community is turning on GGGreedy.

Glad to see it happening.
"
SkinnerSw33t wrote:
The Diablo-like community is turning on GGGreedy.

Glad to see it happening.

Yea, this will def turn into something serious /s.
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
But there are lots of people who do try to provide constructive and specific feedback. Who do refuse to participate in some of GGG's ridiculousness (complaints are why we now don't manually cast nets on beasts).

While we may not be successful most of the time, we should take advice from the old Shagsbeard:
(Who was wise, thoughtful, and made an effort to critically analyse things)
rather than the modern Shagsbeard who encourages powerless, passive acceptance at all times
"
Yep. Just playing a game here. Take a break if you're not enjoying it. No one is forcing you to play.

While oneshots are annoying to me also, here's me trying to convince the dev's that "enough with extending and extending and extending the grind already!"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3040777

You'll note that in every forum thread, it is hard for people to stay on topic, rather than shout what is going through their own head. It is also hard for people to resist taking comments about a concept personally. Recognising that it is difficult for them (us?) can make it easier to ignore when they (we?) fail to communicate well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info