Why do you guys just accept the gamestate?

I am new here I need some information about golf game anyone can guide me?
"
arandan wrote:
"
kiadaw wrote:

I mentioned in my final line, that many people will not want the change, & if they do, & GGG is willing, redesign of loot isn't really that complicated. You just have mobs drop more loot, so the numbers are similar.

Adjusting the drop rates would be just the tip of an iceberg. They'd have to completely rebalance all the offensive/defensive modifiers, remove certain mechanics, redo the talent tree, pretty much completely redesign the whole game.
And all for what? So that you get an illusion of deep combat by having to hit something twenty times before it dies?

"
kiadaw wrote:

Returning to mobs that take long time to kill. Its not how fast you killed, it how you killed. Its more complicated than what it looks. YOu need each team member to work & understand each other, & each playing a different role which is why in higher level play, everyone uses comms.

In order to do more damage, the DPS players need to give to give up defensive gears, & rely on support player via buff & keep them alive. Usually another support players need to lead & make set up points where he drew density to these locations & focus all the attacks on thes mobs. Then, the players need to aligned so their buff/debuff aligned so the mobs take max damage.

I am simplifying the explanation, but its more than what it looks. Thats the TLDR.

GRIFTS are sponge hitting simulators, where you do the same thing over and over again and the only variable is the layout, which you have to reset ad infinitum until you get something that is runnable.

The gameplay itself is mind-numbingly repetitive, there are a few tricks you have to learn and then off you go to hammer that sponge.

I'd rather have actual itemization, which allows me to build a character that will eventually outscale the content I'm running, instead of this lazy implementation of 'end game', where your character is static and you have to grind paragon points and reset the instance 100 times before you get something that will allow you to progress an inch further.

You comments on Grift & reset instance can be direct at PoE maps.. Kill mobs, only variable is layout, open another map instance. I give credit that PoE has more instances layout, but that is like praising M&M having more colors on their chocolate.

As for you 2nd sentence.

Good itemization & good gameplay are NOT mutually exclusive.

At NO point did I try to convince you or anyone to play D3 over PoE.I am just poitng out many arpg games do combat better (opinion of course). You mentioned D3, so I explain about it, thats all.

Unlike many here, I play most ARPGs so I have a fair idea of their strength & weakness. If I dislike poE, trust me, I will not be here. Once I stop playing a game, I stop posting on it forum, like Borderland 3, Wolcen, Grim Dawn.

If you think I am harsh at PoE, you should see what I posted about Wolcen on steam, or what I posted on D3 forum.

One thing I agree with you is instance base levels sucks!!! I hate it in all current arpgs (include PoE) where end game are instance maps like mobile games.

"
kiadaw wrote:

Good itemization & good gameplay are NOT mutually exclusive.

On that we can agree, however in practice it is something almost impossible to attain from the development standpoint.
Once you provide players with many intricate layers of building a character, they will always find a way to make it immortal.
At that point stacking multiple offensive modifiers on mobs is pretty much your only avenue to challenge them.
Sometimes that interaction is bullshit and I agree, but it's a trade off I'm willing to accept in return for the ability to actually build a character, instead of having a linear template.
Wonder what the next thread where people can come in and voice what ever grievance they have with the game will be.

You can "accept" the gamestate or reject it. Totally up to you. Play the game or not. It's not a cult that you can't leave at will. Go play Minecraft. Play what ever suits you better. But coming here all butthurt because the game isn't exactly what you wish it were is getting really old.
"
kiadaw wrote:
"
jewdas12 wrote:

the problem you are referring to are people playing glass canons while thinking they are tanks, and often not even having dmg, taking out the canon part

I want to add to your point Glass Cannon is in fact the BEST way to play & farm, especially after you hit the level cap you set (92+ or whatever) & death is meaningless except for some boss fight which you can swap out a few gears for them.

When you stop caring about leveling (in softcore), death penalty is a joke. Even if you care about leveling, at least up until mid 90s, you can out exp_gain>death_penalty for death not to matter much.

Now, if you have a glass cannon that does awful damage, then its another story.But then, its not a glass cannon, just glass as you said.

Once I hit lvl95, & killed all the end boss I cared about defeating, I am going full glass cannon as well to max profit.

Yep.

For example, this is the summary of my way to 36:

Usual stuff for non hc play with fun and some buzz included.
Why would you bother explaining the basics to someone naming their character YoloSwagEtc?
"
RitualMurder wrote:
I'll assume you don't spend much time on the forums if you think people don't complain about this.

I literally have a 13 page thread about this issue right below yours....
^ This its like he jus came out from under his rock.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
ShadyC wrote:
Why do you just take it?

Why does nobody say, "Hey. GGG. It's not okay that I randomly take 10k damage from a random white enemy's auto attack, post-mitigation."

Why do you all just allow this? You're allowed to make complaints.

But you all sit behind this fallacy that accepting it makes you a hardcore gamer. Even though nobody thinks this but yourselves. Everyone else just thinks you're masochists.

So if you're not a masochist, why not stand up for yourself?

You don't have to take it.

So why do you?

Okay, Karen.
“There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised.”
― Anton LaVey
ha ha ha ha, someone takes game to seriously... its just a game, FFS. I cant believe that you would get upset because a game. #facepalm

Im intelligent enough to know what is important in life and what is not. Games are not and never will have any importance in my life. I play the game to waste my free time because i dont have anything better to do, and im surly not gonna get upset because of it
"
ha ha ha ha, someone takes game to seriously... its just a game, FFS. I cant believe that you would get upset because a game. #facepalm

Im intelligent enough to know what is important in life and what is not. Games are not and never will have any importance in my life. I play the game to waste my free time because i dont have anything better to do, and im surly not gonna get upset because of it

Well, I don't care about bike, but I'm sure as hell not gonna brag about it in the bike community. i have a rough idea how stupid it's gonna look like if i do so.
Last edited by Ozxell on Feb 25, 2021, 11:41:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info