Why do you guys just accept the gamestate?

Because I don't make the rules. I play the game they make or I play something else.

Crying about it like a snowflake isn't very productive.
Interesting conversation...

Personally I think that people are still under the impression that every build should be able to do all content.

Even massive headhunter players (outside of carrion golem LL builds) will use headhunter while mapping and belt swap or even character/build swap to do bossing.

i.e. cutedog has a self-curse HH for maps and LL miner for bosses.

I think this is actually the best approach. Create different characters for different content and it's not as troublesome imo.

I basically have to employ this strategy on SSF and it becomes much easier to swallow.

The only struggle is people that literally have time for (OR only choose to make) one character per league.

If you want to do that, you have to come to terms with a limited amount of build choice (i.e. summoner, miner, etc). In these cases it "is what it is".
There's a very vocal segment of the community that wants the game to be awful so that only their specific meta build can do well.
"
ShadyC wrote:
Why does nobody say, "Hey. GGG. It's not okay that I randomly take 10k damage from a random white enemy's auto attack, post-mitigation."

Not true at all. Plenty of topics talking about that.
"
Prizy wrote:
Interesting conversation...

Personally I think that people are still under the impression that every build should be able to do all content.

Even massive headhunter players (outside of carrion golem LL builds) will use headhunter while mapping and belt swap or even character/build swap to do bossing.

i.e. cutedog has a self-curse HH for maps and LL miner for bosses.

I think this is actually the best approach. Create different characters for different content and it's not as troublesome imo.

I basically have to employ this strategy on SSF and it becomes much easier to swallow.

The only struggle is people that literally have time for (OR only choose to make) one character per league.

If you want to do that, you have to come to terms with a limited amount of build choice (i.e. summoner, miner, etc). In these cases it "is what it is".

Yep most have different toon or at least respec when bossing. 1% of builds can do everything well. I'd consider T16 Vaal Temple boarderline bossing. op clearly setup as a mapper.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 25, 2021, 2:00:30 PM
"
ShadyC wrote:

This is me being actually 1-shot by this Vaal Temple boss. Again. For the 3rd or 4th time. The very first tick of the rain, 1-frame killing me.

Yep, that's why you kill that boss first. It's extremely rippy.
Same with the Uber Atziri triple boss room that's right before her fight, kill that degen boss first or else you're gonna have a bad time.

I don't know what build you're playing and it doesn't really matter because unless you can 1 shot these things it then becomes a fight where you need to be cautious. I hate that fucking map with a passion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56hz0asomjI

You can tank all but one hit in the game as far as I know. Except for the maven brain bomb, this guy is barely getting scratched (and no, its not mirror tier, most of his items are 5c).

You CHOOSE not to build that way, and thats fine, but why pretend its not a choice.
This game, or at least this forum, is nothing but white knights and people trying to flex on others. You literally make their day by complaining about something.

It also attracts people who arent good at other games, but can play a game thats based more on time spent than mechanical ability, and flex their gaming muscles. These people are like the 4'9 guys with Napoleon complexes always trying to fight everyone. Thats what I envision most of the "hardcore gamers" that eat whatever poop sandwich GGG serves up to be, while they mercilessly mock/flame/belittle anyone who posts an issue they have with the game.

Really, the best course of action is to simply not play until its at a state thats more fun to you. And dont give the white knights any feel-goods they look for while they spam refresh every 2 minutes on this forum.
"
Destructodave wrote:
This game, or at least this forum, is nothing but white knights and people trying to flex on others. You literally make their day by complaining about something.

It also attracts people who arent good at other games, but can play a game thats based more on time spent than mechanical ability, and flex their gaming muscles. These people are like the 4'9 guys with Napoleon complexes always trying to fight everyone. Thats what I envision most of the "hardcore gamers" that eat whatever poop sandwich GGG serves up to be, while they mercilessly mock/flame/belittle anyone who posts an issue they have with the game.

Really, the best course of action is to simply not play until its at a state thats more fun to you. And dont give the white knights any feel-goods they look for while they spam refresh every 2 minutes on this forum.

I havent heard a weaker version of "I have no argument so I will try to pretend anyone who disagrees as a loser" since I was in 4th grade, honestly.

Look, the game has tons of problems, but having no defensive options is simply a dumb one to pick when there are people standing still in Sirus clouds, eating the Maven maze game without a single death, etc. All while spending only a few ex (need more video links?).

Also ignorant to state they are based on time spent, the last few racers and first league kill of Sirus were players who started in the last year.

Meanwhile, tons of people play for 7-8 years at a fairly casual rate. Nothing wrong with that, some of them are great they just dont want to optimize / abuse terrible trade to get mass currency.

The solution to hating one shots is to create a tanky character, and there are a few dozen options for cheap. That's not white knighting.

Pick problems that you cant solve easily if you want to complain - like trade being busted, or the fact that all builds play the same at high gear levels, or RNG progression often fails which feels terrible (not this league, but some), or headhunter not being addressed, or GGG fixing problems only after the top 1% get rich off them and screwing the other players, etc.

Those are real problems, choosing not to build tanky is not.

"
Destructodave wrote:

Man look it this guy hes the same as OP we literally told the OP what is wrong with his char and he doesn't wanna accept it and go I'm right you're wrong! We aren't flexing we're literally telling the guy what is wrong with his char and he doesn't wanna accept that.

hahaha
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info