Diablo II: Resurrected

"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
LennyLen wrote:
I remember the follower AI as being pretty bad, but it's even worse than I thought.

Indeed but makes sense considering they still use the old engine underneath with the often buggy grid system, especially noticable in the Maggot Lair.

I just did Maggot Lair today, and yeah, the AI was painful to behold. I also came across some weird bug where twice my follower just somehow "died" (he was definitely technically dead as I had to pay to resurrect him). Both times he was on full or almost full health and there were no enemies around or any other damage sources. He just vanished from the screen in mid walk. No sound effects or death animations. Just one moment he was there, then he wasn't.

Despite that though, I am enjoying D2R. Actually, even more than I enjoyed D2 back when I first played it.
Last edited by LennyLen on Oct 11, 2021, 8:08:31 AM
How's them servers lol. Up down up down up down up down. Oh the nostalgia.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
LennyLen wrote:
I remember the follower AI as being pretty bad, but it's even worse than I thought.

Indeed but makes sense considering they still use the old engine underneath with the often buggy grid system, especially noticable in the Maggot Lair.

I just did Maggot Lair today, and yeah, the AI was painful to behold. I also came across some weird bug where twice my follower just somehow "died" (he was definitely technically dead as I had to pay to resurrect him). Both times he was on full or almost full health and there were no enemies around or any other damage sources. He just vanished from the screen in mid walk. No sound effects or death animations. Just one moment he was there, then he wasn't.

Despite that though, I am enjoying D2R. Actually, even more than I enjoyed D2 back when I first played it.

Never had this issue. I'm using the A2 mercs.

"
xPiranha wrote:
How's them servers lol. Up down up down up down up down. Oh the nostalgia.

I'm also offline mode since their servers are fucked.
Which is hilarious btw. The remake was made by another corp and the only thing that blizz has to do was maintaining the servers. Turns out even that is too much;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
I'm also offline mode since their servers are fucked.
Which is hilarious btw. The remake was made by another corp and the only thing that blizz has to do was maintaining the servers. Turns out even that is too much;)
Ahh totally forgot about offline mode atleast theres that.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
I was blessed they gave me a refund. I made it to like lvl 87 on an assasin (solo, but did trade a few items on jsp)

Blizzard relies on its forums for tech issues and support. If they banned you 6 years ago for speaking the truth about early d3 you cannot get support for a product you purchased.

Worked out great for me :)

"
Chadwixx wrote:
I was blessed they gave me a refund. I made it to like lvl 87 on an assasin (solo, but did trade a few items on jsp)

Blizzard relies on its forums for tech issues and support. If they banned you 6 years ago for speaking the truth about early d3 you cannot get support for a product you purchased.

Worked out great for me :)

I mean at least you could experience it to some extent ,)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 12, 2021, 2:36:58 AM
Holy shit this beta went by quick

Lack of targeted multiplayer on console was pretty lame but eh beta.

Lack of servers outside of the US, also lame. But again: beta.

I actually intend to install PoE on my ps5 after the beta is over to see how it feels. I was pretty into the control scheme of the d2r beta with a few notable issues, such as targeting loot. That aside it felt quite smooth. They definitely added a little movement to attacks to help you close gaps when auto attacking.

Mostly I just played one of my favourite off class styles: sword and board dodge-zon. Effective but oh I'd forgotten that damn rubberbanding when you think you've escaped a horde, but were in fact block/dodge locked.

Played a basic fireball sorc after finding the runes for Leaf and Stealth. Crunchy damage never not entertaining.

Was constantly flicking back and forth to admire the ruleset improvements. The GF was watching a bit and was particularly impressed with the Harem in act 2. I really liked the Cathedral in act 1. And Maggot Lair really looks rancid now...

I look forward to the offline lag free version...or Oceanic servers.

All in all, it's as good and bad as I remember. Warts and all, it remains the purest distillation of everything an arpg should be, and very little else.
I installed d2r, played a week, reinstalled POE for Scourge league, left D2r forever
Never really did play D2. PoE was my introduction to ARPGs since my friend was looking for people to play with so he tried to get me into it.

It...took me several attempts to stick to PoE, with me almost getting into it Essence league and then sticking Breach league onwards.

But yeah if it's just D2 remastered with not much else changed then it might be a good time! Wouldn't hurt to give it a try.
To accept a challenge from the Void is merely suicide for the unprepared.
I had my fun with D2R.
But it kept having constant server issues so kinda stopped playing because of those. Why bother trying when servers went down at 4pm every day for a week and didn't come back until 9-11pm or so

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info