Burning Arrow Chain Reactions // 30m DOT DPS // Faceroll all content

"
Hughs wrote:
Question guys: If i use a Maven's Orb in the boots, and hit Ignite instead of Pierce, is there a way to get the pierce back??

How useful is the pierce for map clear? Isn't it predominately the ignite spread that clears screens? How often would the ignite not spread to an enemy but a pierced arrow would?
"
JCOH35 wrote:
"
Hughs wrote:
Question guys: If i use a Maven's Orb in the boots, and hit Ignite instead of Pierce, is there a way to get the pierce back??

All you do is make sure the suffixs are all blocked and buy augment influence, the only possible outcomes are 2 chaos tag lines and +1 or +2 to pierce, so if its a chaos tag, buy remove chaos, buy augment influence again.

Its really not an issue unless you hit t2 pierce, then your kinda screwed b/c if you remove influence you will more then likely remove your elevated ignite roll.

So I can't really elevate these boots since this is a T2 pierce roll?

What is the best boss dps enchant for boots? I currently have "Damage penetrate 10% of enemy elemental resist".
Ok guys I have another really cool improvement for you.

Sixth link on Golems use Culling Strike.

After yesterday's video I did on Sirus it bugged me that he phased with about 10% life left... it made me think culling would be a good idea.

And it is... it's great!

Here's a vid on phase 3 A9 Sirus where I get him before he phases. You can see he is culled and this is using flesh and stone, and endurance charges, and without a proper helmet, so not going crazy DPS etc.

https://youtu.be/djcSC39hTUM

For those wondering about the Arcanist Brand setup... you can see it clearly in this vid... see how I simply pop a couple brands before he spawns, and watch the wave of convictions come out while I just spam arrows at him.

The vid is followed up by a very clean Maven kill. The key to Maven, for those that don't know, is to simply have a "clean" arena. The way you do this is make sure those Void Sphere balls are put on the edge of the arena.

You can see that even the Maven gets culled down by my golems on the other side of the arena. Awesome :)

Last edited by brunowa on Mar 4, 2021, 7:37:40 PM
"
brunowa wrote:
Ok guys I have another really cool improvement for you.

Sixth link on Golems use Culling Strike.

After yesterday's video I did on Sirus it bugged me that he phased with about 10% life left... it made me think culling would be a good idea.

And it is... it's great!

Here's a vid on phase 3 A9 Sirus where I get him before he phases. You can see he is culled and this is using flesh and stone, and endurance charges, and without a proper helmet, so not going crazy DPS etc.

https://youtu.be/djcSC39hTUM

For those wondering about the Arcanist Brand setup... you can see it clearly in this vid... see how I simply pop a couple brands before he spawns, and watch the wave of convictions come out while I just spam arrows at him.

The vid is followed up by a very clean Maven kill. The key to Maven, for those that don't know, is to simply have a "clean" arena. The way you do this is make sure those Void Sphere balls are put on the edge of the arena.

You can see that even the Maven gets culled down by my golems on the other side of the arena. Awesome :)

I agree that arcanist brand is huge QOL upgrade. Just changed to it and am melting much easier. I considered getting culling strike on gloves - with my arcanist setup - but with golems I think that's a much better idea.

Are you using regular or divergent?
Last edited by HeckinKoda on Mar 4, 2021, 7:55:12 PM
@brunowa ty for that vid, that answered everything. I can clearly see flammability + despair on him, and that cull is gg.
holy moly culling strike on golems sounds great.

Any difference in golem "tankyness" u felt ?

edit, just hit 99 7232 hp , no death from 98 to 99.

For clearing , especially on open maps like canyon i can suggest dying sun, huge spread and the extra aoe increases the spread radius noticeable.

Last edited by karlklaps on Mar 4, 2021, 8:34:43 PM
@karlklaps how do you apply 2 curses without the mod on chest?
"
dguay01 wrote:
@karlklaps how do you apply 2 curses without the mod on chest?

His amulet is corrupted for 2nd curse.
"
karlklaps wrote:
holy moly culling strike on golems sounds great.

Any difference in golem "tankyness" u felt ?

edit, just hit 99 7232 hp , no death from 98 to 99.

For clearing , especially on open maps like canyon i can suggest dying sun, huge spread and the extra aoe increases the spread radius noticeable.

Are you sure about the spread readius increase? Normally tags like "Nearby enemies" are not scalable with AOE.

"
HeckinKoda wrote:
"
Hughs wrote:

How useful is the pierce for map clear? Isn't it predominately the ignite spread that clears screens? How often would the ignite not spread to an enemy but a pierced arrow would?

Imo pierce is super important, because for example in Atoll, Mobs aren't standing that close that the ignite spreads multiple screens. With a single pierce most likely both hits will hit the same pack as there will be 2 monsters standing in a row in a single pack. If you have 2+ pierce, the chance is high, that the arrow continues behind the pack hitting another pack too. That increases the clear of killing 1 pack to 2 packs.
Last edited by HardPrimat on Mar 5, 2021, 1:07:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info