Burning Arrow Chain Reactions // 30m DOT DPS // Faceroll all content

3.14 Comments
Spoiler

- There are no direct nerfs to this build, so the only nerf is, that it will be harder to achieve good items.
- Due to the removal of harvest crafts on influenced items, it most likely won't be possible to achieve helmet + boots + gloves with the described stats anymore :(
- Cluster Jewels are still craftable with Scorched Fossils and it's not the biggest drama that harvest is gone as they are still achievable!
- Even though there is a massive cut into end-game min-maxing please do not forget, that there are many builds face-rolling end-game with 5-10m dps. So there is no need to boosting the DPS that high with all the fire dot multi everywhere. Instead we can focus more on defence rolling on "non-influenced" items with harvest.
- Leveling of this build in a very short summary (Sorry didn't league start simulate and can't give you every little detail):
- Use any skill to level until normal lab
- Get elemental overload fast as this makes leveling much more easy.
- Once you have normal lab just grab any bow with as much ele / phys dmg
- Keep in mind any kind of added dmg increases your ignite! :)
- Finally lets all battle buying items for this build on trade :-P

Here a short write-down about a first budget endgame variation of the build:
Spoiler
"
HardPrimat wrote:
Hey guys,

due to aalooot of requests regarding "Does this build perform on a budget?"

I created a new budget POB (For everyone saying that 6L bow is not budget, I recommend farming low tier maps and get those fusings ;-) )

https://pastebin.com/U2LkW0JC

What was the approach of this budget POB:
-Remove any "damage"-influence mod from items as we can't force that anymore via harvest. So there are only 3 influence mods to prioritize:
- Additional Curse on Chest
- Pierce on Boots (50:50 chance to hit pierce if you hunter exalt prefix)
- Ele weakness on hit on ring
- I sliced down all medium cluster jewels to be only 1 passive (blowback or cooked alive) which is easy achievable by just using some alterations
- I kicked out all primordial jewels (as they might be expensive at league start) and also removed the wheel, that converts minion damage affecting you
- I removed Empower + Enlighten in Gear (The reduced reservation covering the loss of enlighten is covered by Sovereignty)
- I trashed all abyss jewels to hell with being just low life + 1 damage mod
- Kicked out watcher's eye (we want to give other builds a chance to deal more damage too)
- Flasks might be a debate but usually our cinderswallow roll is super cheap / taste of hate is not really used anymore / atziris drops in price super fast or you just run 1-2 atziris yourself
- Helmet enchant will be way cheaper this league, as you can select out of 3 enchants after finishing U-Lab -> More good enchants on market
- Kicked out all awakened gems und put regular 20/20 in there

--> With all this "slicing & dicing" we still end up with around 7m DPS single target and 5m DPS Clear (Which is still way overkill in comparison to many other starting builds)

--> Important Note: I didn't focus on covering Dex + Accuracy in the POB, so just spread that on all the trash-abyss jewels and the other items :)

Hi everyone,

This Build is for you if you like to see Wraeclast burn

Burning Arrow Ignite builds weren't in the worst state before 3.13, but the new changes to Elementalist pushed it into an S+ Tier Mapper and melts every boss in the game:

Sometimes streaming on: https://www.twitch.tv/hardstyleprimat

VIDEOS
Spoiler

Amazing Video Guide created by the User "Esoro":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woaUUSlNXPs

Maven-Kill in 1:58:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2OrE_u2MxA

The Feared Invitation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsBxoepHgTs

Breachlord Invitation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZU3TJvspls

T16 Clear Showcase:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXMYkehBDYc

Sirus Awakener 9 Last Phase:
https://youtu.be/WCLoSFdkAnc

PROS/CONS
Spoiler

++ Boss Damage
++ Clearspeed
++ Performance out of Invest
++ Off-Meta
++ Good Defence (Details below in Defensive Layers)
++ Scales with any kind of Damage -> Flexible if you pick Wrath/Anger/Hatred and Jewels
++ Can run all reflect mods

- Avoid Elemental Ailments Maps (Can be done, but 80% avoidance means you have to hit on average 5 times, until one ignite is applied)

GEAR
Spoiler

My gear is already pretty min-maxed, but even with 50% of the damage you faceroll any content in the game. Will add a budget section later.

IMPORTANT: Requirements on your gear:
Dexterity For the bow we have to get 185 Dexterity on Gear / Jewels / Tree. Please read carefully in the item breakdown, where you can focus on Dexterity on your gear.

Accuracy
As we don't scale any accuracy we have to achieve 99%+ Hit-Chance. As we heavily buff our Ice golem (increased Accuracy Rating) it's sufficient to have around +200 Accuracy Rating on your Gear / Jewels. I use for example the following Jewel:

See below for a breakdown on each single piece
Spoiler

Weapon:
Spoiler

Best in Slot due to 7-link with Ignite Proliferation on the bow. For Min-Maxer any corruption with additional damage is fine.

Quiver:
Spoiler

For clearspeed we need our projectiles to pierce. The best way is to choose a Penetrating Arrow Quiver. Focus on stats with the following priority:
Life >> Fire dot multi >> Elemental Damage with Attacks >> Damage over time Multi

Budget Option:

Body Armour:
Spoiler

Budget option (actually more damage than endgame setup but less survivability) Amazing option as it helps covering Dex Requirements:

Endgame:

Take a Hunter Influenced Astral Plate and use Dex-Essences (+51-58 Dex) until you hit T1 Life. +1 Curse can be forced via Augment Caster on Prefix

Helmet:
Spoiler

The new base is best in slot for damage. For endgame focus on Redeemer influence with following stat priority:
Life >> Resistances >> Craft dex as suffix if you miss dex
For Min-Maxing:
Ignites deal dmg faster (via Mavens Orb) >> Physical Damage taken as Cold

Useful Enchants:
Damage:
Burning Arrow Debuff Effect >> Burning Arrow Phys as Extra Fire

Quality of Life:
15% Mana Reservation for one of your Auras you play (Malevolence/Anger/Wrath/Hatred)

Crafting Guide for Best in Slot Stats
Spoiler

I bought a base and did a breakdown of each single step and price it took me to get the Item to the finish form:

Get a Blizzard Crown with the Enchant you prefer (In my case 15ex)

Spam Deafening Essence of Greed (100-106 Life) until you hit either T1 Dex or any High Resistances.
Important: You only want to have mods on your item, that you can target remove with harvest: (In my case 5 tries <1ex)

Slam Redeemer Orb either on Prefix or Suffix (very slow chance that you directly hit one of the mods you want to have)
I hit T1 reduced mana reserved, which would be amazing, but will cause issues later in the process, you will see. (Redeemer Exalted 1ex)

If you didn't hit the desired influence mod by super luck, you have to remove the influence mod via Harvest, so you now have a redeemer base (70c)

In the next steps we want to add our both desired mods:
-T1 Phys taken as Cold
-T1 Chance to Ignite + Burning Damage

I went for Chance to Ignite first. A Redeemer Helm can only have 2 fire suffixes and no fire prefixes! That's why you only have to make sure to have fire res on your item (I crafted it) and then augment fire (with an open Suffix) via Harvest. If you don't hit T1, you have to remove your craft >> remove fire >> craft fire res >> aug fire until you hit T1 (I was lucky hitting on first try 1ex)

Next I got rid of the useless defence mods, so I did twice remove defence (2x 1ex)

Next step is to get T1 Phys Taken as Cold (Prefix). For that you have to make sure there is no open suffix and then augment cold via Harvest. If there is an open suffix you can hit cold resistance! (Was lucky again with first hit 1ex

Now the expensive part beginns.. When you have both desired mods T1, you want to use Maven's Orb. It will remove one of the 2 influence mods and upgrades the other to T0. If you hit burning damage, it will be upgrades to Ignites deal faster, but your phys taken as cold will be removed.(Lucky again at first try Maven's Orb 6ex)

Now you have to add Phys taken as Cold again via Augment Cold (1ex)

I was super lucky in the crafting process everytime hitting the desired mod directly T1. If you hit a lower tier you have to remove the mod and add it again.

Now the helm is open to finalize with the desired resistance and hybrid life.
IMPORTANT Only use Lightning resistance to get T1 resistance, that you can do remove/add lightning. If you pick Fire /Cold, you might kill your influence mods as they have each one of those tags!

Total costs from Start: ~30ex

That's why I mention many times, that the helm is the last piece to min-max! ;-)

I did play a long time with Asenath's Chant but switched to the Blizzard Crown after a while as Asenath is super quality of life for casting Wave of Conviction + Curse + Flame Wall. But honestly at a certain point I noticed that the extra dmg from WOC + Curse + Flamewall is only "needed" at bosses, so it's useless if you spam those dmg increasers while mapping but missing a lot of life + defence.
The Blizzard Crown add 80-120 cold damage (which is even more than the added damage you would get from the auto casted flame wall) and you can get 15% faster ignites + Life + Resistances.
So in total you end up with more damage + more survivability with the only downside that you have to press 1 button for sirus / maven. (For conqueres / guardians i often even don't use WOC (incl. combustion + curse))

Gloves:
Spoiler

Rare Gloves with Hunter Influence with focus on following stats:
Dex >> Life >> Fire Damage over time Multiplier >> (Temple mod with fire damage against burning enemies is nice to have)

Crafting Guide for Best-in-Slot Version
Spoiler

First of all we need a base with specific mod combinations. Preferably you want:
-Life
-Temple Mod (Doesn't matter which one cold/fire/light)
-T1 Dex / T1 Resistance

You can find such gloves with the following search:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/6MpLqVXuG

All other mods should be targetable by harvest having tags like "Defence"/"Attack" etc. Avoid stats like Rarity/Strenght/Int

I bought the following base for 4ex

These gloves have the wrong temple mod, but that can be fixed by switching Light -> Fire res (but first we have to get rid of the fire resistance already on the item) (remove Fire (60c)

As we removed the fire resistance, we can now change resistance light -> fire and get the desired temple mod (Change resi 25c)

Next we want to block all prefixes with a craft, to prepare our Hunter Exalted Slam, as we want to exalt on a suffix, because if we are lucky we directly hit the desired mod (Fire damage over time multiplier):

Now we can Hunter Exalted Slam the Gloves and pray that we maybe hit T1 fire dot multi already. Normally you hit other mods that can be target removed by tags like cold/chaos etc. or with just "remove influence mod" (Hunter Ex 1ex)

As I hit Chaos dot multi, I can just remove it via "Remove Chaos" (60c):

Now we have prefixes blocked, fire res on the item and if we augment fire, we are guaranteed to hit fire dot multi t1 or t2 (aug fire 1ex):

If you are unlucky and hit t2 you musn't remove fire as you can remove the temple mod. So you have to go for "remove influence mod"(1ex) + "Aug Fire" (1ex) until you hit T1 (It took 4 tries for me :/ (total costs 8ex) Obviously I won't post a screenshot of every loop:

Now our suffixes are done and we can go for the prefixes. If you have undesired mods like defences, you target remove them with harvest (remove defence 1ex):

Now you can add whatever damage prefix you want (Phys/light/cold/fire damage to attacks) Only make sure, that you don't do "remove-add fire" as this kills your suffixes!!! I aimed for phys damage to attacks and went with (aug phys 1ex):

Sadly there are many phys mods (phys damage to attacks / mana leech / life leech / impale), so it's painful to get. Easier would be cold/light dmg to attacks. I rerolled 5 times "remove add phys" (5x 1ex):

Best prefix craft for damage is "28% damage during flask effect". Hybrid life isn't really worth it as the bonus is super low.

Total Costs ~25ex

Boots:
Spoiler

Rare Boots with Hunter Influence with following stats:
Life >> Movement Speed >> (Dex) >> Ignites deal damage faster >> +1/+2 Pierce

Belt:
Spoiler

Best in slot for damage. Use Catalyst to boost the ignite mod to 42%.

If you can cap your resistances, you can also use Headhunter for engame mapping.As shown in the videos, the clearspeed is already crazy without HH.

Amulet:
Spoiler

Best in slot, as we scale Golem Buffs. Burning Brutality is the best annointment for damage. Any corruption is better than the regular life regen.
My corruption is absolutely not necessary!

Rings:
Spoiler

First Ring:

Best in Slot for Clear as this ring allows the build to have a chain reaction clearing screenwide packs with one arrow!

Second Ring:
Budget Options:

In Case of Malachai's socket your Lightning Golem in the Ring to procc Elemental Equilibrium.
This ring provides actually more damage than the endgame ring, but less survivability due to missing life.

Endgame:

A rare ring with Curse (Elemental Weakness / Despair) only makes sense, if you have a body armour with additional Curse! The base can vary between
Defense: Vermillion Ring
Offense: Steel Ring / Opal Ring
Focus on:
Life >> Curse >> (Dex) >> Resistances

Jewels:
Spoiler

Cluster Jewels:

On all cluster Jewels prioritise the following additional attributes:
Dexterity >> Resistances

Large:

Use Minion Damage Large Cluster Jeweles with 8 passives. We only need the notable "Primordial Bond" and IMPORTANT one other notable, as on a cluster jewel with only "Primordial Bond", the notable is on a bad spot, requiring you to use extra skill points. With adding another notable, "Primordial Bond" is directly at the entry into the cluster jewel.
How to solve: Easiest approach is putting the jewel you want to buy into POB, as POB knows where the notables will be allocated. E.g. Feasting Fiends kills the jewel as well, so don't do the mistake to blindly buy a jewel :)

Medium:

Fire Damage Over Time Multiplier with 4-5 passive Skills.
Blowback + Cooked Alive
Important Fan the Flames does not give you a chain reaction as Berek's Respite does. It only ignites enemies around the enemy you hit. So it's similar to having an AOE impact on your BA, igniting all enemies in the AOE.

Golem Jewels

Anima-Stone + Primordial Harmony (x2) for 2 additional Golems

Lethal Pride

Lethal Pride has some nice stats for ignite chars:
% inc. max life
% burning Damage
Ignites deal dmg 10% faster
5% Phys taken as Fire
Chance to gain endurance charge on kill

Watcher's Eye

Prioritize mods in the following order (single stat is fine too!):
Malevolence: Damage over time Multiplier
Wrath: Phys as extra Lightning
Malevolence: Ailments deal faster

Utility/Damage Jewels

Focus on your other jewels on the following things:
-1 Jewel with Accuracy (should be around 200)
-Dexterity
-Life
-Flat Damage to Attacks / with Bows (No matter if Fire/Light/Cold)

Other damage options

As each golem / Aura counts as a buff, this jewel adds crazy damage for a price of 1 chaos.

More expensive option with more damage, that sould be allocated above the witch start.

GEM SETUP
Spoiler

Weapon:
Burning Arrow >> Elemental Damage with Attacks >> Burning Damage >> Deadly Ailments >> Unbound Ailments >> Greater Multiple Projectiles (Clear) // Swift Afflication (Single Target)

Helmet:
Wave of Conviction >> Hextouch >> Combustion >> Flammability

Gloves:
Wrath >> Malevolence >> Enlighten >> Stormbrand (For proccing Elemental Overload faster on bosses)

Boots:
Flamedash >> Steelskin >> Second Wind >> Bloodrage

Body Armour:
Stone Golem (Life Regen)>> Chaos Golem (Phys Dmg Reduction) >> Flame Golem (Damage) >> Lightning Golem (Attack Speed) >> Ice Golem (Accuracy) >> Empower (not needed just a minor buff)

Min-Maxing Go for Anomalous Golems, as they have 20% increased Buff effect.

If you play the budget version

Put the Lightning Golem in the Ring as it only deals lightning damage for the elemental equilibrium.

If you missing a helm enchant with 15% reduced reservation for Wrath / Malevolence, swap out Wrath for Herald of Ash.

POB
Spoiler

Current Gear / Setup (31m DPS)
https://pastebin.com/JiwKHrmj

Budget Setup (11m DPS)
https://pastebin.com/LLMYffB6

PANTHEONS
Spoiler

Soul of Lunaris is absolutely mandatory if you play with minions (in our case golems) else you die on a map with chain mod if you stand close to your golems

Bottom Pantheon is up to you, what you prefer.

HOW TO LEVEL
Spoiler

Bandits:
Kill All

Ascendancies Order:
Shaper of Flames >> Lige of the Primordial >> Elemancer >> Bastion of Elements

The fun beginns with Normal Lab, where you get "Shaper of Flames". An amazing choice is using Storm Cloud / The Tempest + Bereks Respite, as the Lightning Damage scales with your ignite as soon as you have the normal lab completed.

MECHANICS
Spoiler

Clearspeed:
Spoiler

Chain Reactions

Allows us to chain react our ignites similar to ED+Contagion without the need of 2 button gameplay

Ignite Prolif

Ignite Proliferation leaves a burning spot on a dead corpse killing everything running into the burning spot as you can see in the picture as the green circles:

Damage Scaling
Spoiler
The new ascendancy node "Shaper of Flames" allows us to ignite with all kind of damage. That means no matter what kind of damage you add to your attack (Chaos/Phys/Light/Cold/Fire) everything increases your ignite damage. For example just Wrath + the Watcher's eye mod (Gain #% Physical as Extra Lightning Damage) is approx. 25% of my damage.

Frequently asked Questions
Spoiler

What is the correct Aura Setup for your Mana
Spoiler
In my setup I run Wrath + Malevolence which is the highest dmg setup. As these are 2x 50% reserve Auras, you need an Enlighten level 4 + Helm Enchantment to have enough mana left. There are a few possible adjustments if you dont have enlighten / helm enchantment:

-Pick Sovereignty-Node at the Templar for reduced Mana reserved
-Just replace Wrath by Herald of Ash (Almost similar Damage but only 25% Reservation)

What are the defensive layers of the build?
Spoiler

Decent phys dmg reduction via Chaos Golem

20% phys taken as cold (Taste of Hate) with 20% less cold dmg taken

x% phys taken as fire on lethal pride (I have currently 10%)

10% phys taken as cold on helmet

60 Life if you Ignite an Enemy (Xoph's Bow) + Cinderswallow 3% Life for each kill gives you a huge regeneration while mapping

That means the phys dmg you take is first reduced by 60% and then transfered onto the 3,3k Elemental Shield of the Elementalist ascendancy "Bastion of Elements". This makes you very tanky for a bow char!

Against bosses (as stupid as it sounds) your defence is the fact that they do nothing as they die so fast. Sirus on Awakener 9 in the last phase is dead before going into the next animation attack.

I got issues getting the 185 Dex requirements for the Bow
Spoiler

Yes the 185 Dex is a bit painful to get, as we are in the top left of the tree having no traveling dex nodes. An easy way to achieve 185 Dex is via:
2x +30 Dex Nodes being on our travelway
33 Dex via Split Personality Jewel with +5 Dex in the bottom cluster jewel section

Why Lethal Pride?
Spoiler

Lethal Pride has some nice stats:
% inc. max life
% burning Damage
Ignites deal dmg 10% faster
5% Phys taken as Fire
Chance to gain endurance charge on kill

Community Member Tanky Min-Maxed Approached by "karlklaps":
Spoiler

"
karlklaps wrote:

A huge and honest thank you to Hardprimat. I play poe for 8 years now and this was my most fun league ever. mainly because of ur build.

Its "my" perfect version of the build.

Main difference to op is that i tried to get her very tanky.

6.8 k hp 950 es // 1500 hp regen // perma endurance charges(chest suffix plus annoint) + lvl 20 cwdt immortal call
48 % of physical dmg taken as elemental

Items
Spoiler

flasks
Spoiler

swap

jewels
Spoiler

single target swap
Spoiler

super speed helmet

videos
clearspeed setup+aw9 hunter
witnessed uber elder
oshabi
simulacrum
double guardians +invitation

there are some other gamplay videos of that build on my youtube . in case u r interested , just check my videos. there are only videos of that build + a simple description

Happy for any kind of feedback :)
Last edited by HardPrimat on May 7, 2021, 2:01:01 PM
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2023, 8:02:09 AM
Reserved
I presume you have to switch to Swift Affliction instead of Greater Multiple Projectiles for bosses right?
Saw different gem supports between Phoneix map and Maven videos.

Build looks nice. Will definetly try.

Looking forward to some budget non cluster detail guide if you have time.
Last edited by XenoNerve on Feb 10, 2021, 6:47:23 AM
"
XenoNerve wrote:
I presume you have to switch to Swift Affliction instead of Greater Multiple Projectiles for bosses right?
Saw different gem supports between Phoneix map and Maven videos.

Build looks nice. Will definetly try.

Looking forward to some budget non cluster detail guide if you have time.

I only use Swift Affliction for Maven + Sirus, as for example in the T16 Phoenix Map you see the boss damage with GMP, killing Phoenix in 1 second. Honestly even most of the invitations (Breachlords etc.) I do with GMP as the difference to Swift Affliction is a killing time of 1.5sec instead of 1 sec per boss. It's just a nice feeling to see the boss health bar rushing down even faster ;-P
But main survivability is kill faster than they can kill you? Tried 100 Delirium?
"
But main survivability is kill faster than they can kill you? Tried 100 Delirium?

I just added to the frequently asked questions the following defensive layers:

50-60% phys dmg reduction via Chaos Golem

20% phys taken as cold (Taste of Hate) with 20% less cold dmg taken

x% phys taken as fire on lethal pride (I have currently 10%)

10% phys taken as cold on helmet

That means the phys dmg you take is first reduced by 60% and then transfered onto the 3,3k Elemental Shield of the Elementalist ascendancy "Bastion of Elements". This makes you very tanky for a bow char!

Against bosses (as stupid as it sounds) your defence is the fact that they do nothing as they die so fast. Sirus on Awakener 9 in the last phase is dead before going into the next animation attack.

Yes I did a few 100% Delirium Maps without any issues and will upload a video later.
Last edited by HardPrimat on Feb 10, 2021, 7:17:06 AM
Well done on making this build, looks like a really solid build. Hopefully I have some time left in 3.13 to try it out otherwise I'm going to play this one next league :)
"
phexifa wrote:
Well done on making this build, looks like a really solid build. Hopefully I have some time left in 3.13 to try it out otherwise I'm going to play this one next league :)

Thanks! Can highly recommend. Many friends of mine currently switching too, due to the allround-capabilities on all budget variants.

Will also add later some league start simulation videos, where I buy super budget gear to show the performance.
Heyo, awesome looking build man, got any leveling tips and/or ascension order?
"
Heyo, awesome looking build man, got any leveling tips and/or ascension order?

Added a short section "How to Level". But honestly as sson as you have the first Lab you can throw any kind of unique or normal item with added flat damage on the build giving you huge damage boosts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info