[3.13] Peak life Necromancer -- 12k life, 7k+ regen/sec, delete everything

Check out the monstrous stronk on that one! That was my big score yesterday for about 90c + 80c of anoint/enchant. Hopefully I can eventually harvest off the attack damage roll and get something useful there... and swap out the implicit to get more strength if that's possible. It will just depend on what harvest luck I get.

"
Carmondai89 wrote:
However, I am not really. Build feels a bit slow, and I tried upping damage.

It looks like most of your support gems are still lv 18. Gems levels seem to matter a lot for this build. Your hammer is arranged differently as well, missing a 100+% minion damage and 26-28% minion attack speed roll to get 50 str and 40% minion damage and minion life as well. That looks like a significant DPS loss there as well, but you are getting a lot of probably unnecessary minion survivability, which shouldn't be an issue except for carrion golem which dies sometimes and is easy to recast. Hammer and gem levels should be your priority as far as gear goes. I'm not sure which is better, but the hammer is like 7ex+ and 21/20 gems tend to be 2.5ex... or 50c or so for 21/0 gems. I'm still working on gems myself. I'd say just save up for the hammer and let those gems level out to 20, then upgrade as you can afford.

The cyclone setup is interesting and should theoretically boost minion damage, but I found my minions are doing their best AoE clearing when I'm half a screen ahead and they're plowing to catch up to me. That cyclone setup should be great on bosses though as long as you don't need to break away for dodging.

You don't seem to have dread banner going or the generosity support setup to boost dread banner and pride. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes, but it's worth looking at.

Personally, I find the single target DPS is great and clear speed is decent until I hit about T14 maps. My support gems and zombie are still base lv 20s though, which I know is holding them back a lot.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Feb 17, 2021, 8:49:16 AM
Yea that's right and I get it...but even with the focus on dmg this build seems to fall off in the endgame.
My goal is not to survive sirus by using 5 life flasks, but to beat him - because quite a few things in the endgame come down to DPS checks and this build will 99% fail them apparently. So I keep lvling for now but I guess I'll switch at some point.

The DPS gap from what I have to what the build can achieve is just too narrow to let any hopes arise it can "delete everything". Will investigate further, and I have the awakened gems mostly...Brutality, even MS and for some reason minion dmg and phys dmg. But I doubt those save the day

Edit: The pathing to Ravenous Horde is worse than I saw :D so I took a Thread of Hope still...1428 STR now, getting 1500 will require a better ammy maybe :/
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Last edited by Carmondai89 on Feb 17, 2021, 1:23:56 PM
Hey, how exactly do you craft the weapon? Base lvl needed, then...?

Thank you
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
"
Trebien75 wrote:

Thank you

When I went to consider whether I should just buy the hammer or if I should try and craft it myself, I looked into the crafting side of it. As a disclaimer, I'm not good at crafting. There might be easier/safer ways to do things that I miss. In the case of the weapon it seems pretty straightforward to craft though.

1) Start with an Imperial Maul. It has the 10% strength implicit we want. Ilvl shouldn't matter much since you only need ilvl 50 I think to get the +1 to all socketed gems roll.

2) 20 quality.

3) Scour it to white

4) Roll T1 Essence of Fear. That gives 95-104 minion damage. You need to hit +1 all skill gems as well.

5) You need 2 free suffix and 1 free prefix. If you don't have that, you need to annul! Absolute IDEAL is to have minion damage (prefix), +1 skill (prefix), +str (suffix), and nothing else.

6) Annul if needed. If you annul the minion damage or +1 skill, go back to step 3.

7) With 2 free suffix and 1 free prefix, bench craft 'Can Have Up To 3 Crafted Modifiers'. That is a suffix.

8) Bench craft '+2 to socketed support gems'. That is a prefix.

9) Bench craft minion attack/cast speed. That is a suffix.

10) 6 sockets

11) 6 links

12) Colorize and DONE!

Now, while I figured that out with Craft of Exile and PoeDB, I didn't actually go through with... why you might ask? It's a lot of effort if you don't already have the recipes and you don't save much anyway.

Cost of 6 link, 3 ex (fated connections)
Cost of multicraft from step 7, 2ex
Cost of +2 support gems step 8, 2ex

The rest of the stuff involved is relatively minor by comparison, but you're looking at 7-8ex to craft this hammer. I bought mine for 9ex and it was a little pricier than others because of the white sockets and good rolls on minion mods. There were others up for 8ex when I bought mine and I've seen them up for 7 before. Dedicated crafters are saving a little bit on the 6 link by using splits from a base instead, giving them a little room from a profit margin even at 7ex.... not a lot, but some. There are few people out there crafting these hammers to sell and enough competition to keep them fairly competitively priced. So that's why I just bought mine. Waaaay less effort and didn't cost much more... plus I got some white sockets in case I want to experiment with something.

EDIT: I should note if you get unlucky with the essence crafting and annul, that could drive the cost up a bit. Playing around on Craft of Exile, I was usually accruing a cost of 20-50c to get through that stage. If you got unlucky, you might end up 8-9ex to craft. Of course, bad luck in craft is essentially a bottomless pit for throwing money away. I recommend building the hammer yourself on Craft of Exile a few times. You don't want to mess it up in game.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Feb 17, 2021, 3:42:55 PM
"
Trebien75 wrote:

Thank you

You need essence of fear and hit + 1 gems, then block prefixes, scouring, multimod - +2 support, minion aspd. If you still have open prefix you can craft beast aspect. I'm using aspect of crab, playing similar version of this build but even a bit more pu$$y node because of playing HC.
"
Lemabelle wrote:
As a disclaimer, I'm not good at crafting. There might be easier/safer ways to do things that I miss.

"
Malorie wrote:
block prefixes, scouring, multimod

I figured something advanced like that might exist. I assume that would replace the annul to reduce risk of wasting fear essences and keep the total craft cost more predictable.
Was wondering if you have a Link to a picture or video of the full / level 100 skill tree as I can't use pastebin on a MAC.

Thanks for your time
"
Lemabelle wrote:

(Craft guide)

Thank you, I need to craft one in softcore since there's only one for sale on ps4 at the cost of 42 EXA...

Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
"
Malorie wrote:
"
Trebien75 wrote:

Thank you

You need essence of fear and hit + 1 gems, then block prefixes, scouring, multimod - +2 support, minion aspd. If you still have open prefix you can craft beast aspect. I'm using aspect of crab, playing similar version of this build but even a bit more pu$$y node because of playing HC.

I don't understand how exactly works the block prefixes. Last time I used, worked for one time and then just disappeared.

Also, aspect of crab worth it? Sand and stone wouldn't be more Tanky than crab aspect for 25% of Mana?

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
Easiest way: Buy a weapon with a FRactured +1 gem mod and then apply the top tier essence.

Imperial Maul base cost me 70c, others go for 1-2c.

now the project starts^^

I will reroll suffixes (Harvest) until I get probably a single one I can remove easily and then multimod.

Edit: The reroll suffixes, keep prefixes craft may fill in your last prefix(es), so you should craft some random crap prefix to avoid that.

EDIT:

re-rolled the suffixes once, got just one suffix (crit multi)
paid 50c to remove crit multi
NOW you got for an added Quality craft, because that makes socketing and Linking easier.
Afterwards Multimod - +2 support gems - Minion Cast/Attack speed
And one suffix is then free for e.g. Aspect of the Avian or some other Aspect
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Last edited by Carmondai89 on Feb 18, 2021, 9:45:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info