Echoes of the Atlas Week Two Report

After this patch the textures are loading extremely slow or not finishing loading. I'm using Vulcan.
Last edited by NecromancerX on Jan 29, 2021, 12:56:20 AM
When are you gonna fix the vram usage issue crashing the game on AMD graphic card?
state of the game for me:

DirectX: stuttering, blurry mess of textures, frame drops EACH TIME something new is done (and i mean 'recently', not per-game-session as i would expect). in long term - unplayable

Vulkan: i have to keep game window non-minimised because if i minimise it, it will crash after ~4-5minutes (there is no runaway RAM/CPU usage, just crash). otherwise performance is smooth most of the time, unless gfx goes idle (never happens on directx) claiming there is no load. clicking the desktop and the game again fixes that

i play windowed, around 2000*1000 (4k display, this game requires so much outside tools that alt-tabbing got boring after a while

i9, 64gb ram, 2tb nvme. ofc i deleted the game like 3 times, including shader cache (maybe it is time for you GGG to start cleaning your own cache mess?)

in all this streaming tech is a cool story, mostly useful for games like GTA5 where you want to avoid loading times at all costs

but POE is instanced game. instances crash. fix that first before working on client-side optimization in this regard - move to open world.. with current build disparity (200kmph builds vs 20kmph builds..) and instance stability wont end up pretty.

not to mention that if you need more ram - use it. POE uses 7gb here and it apparently needs more - why not take it if it is there for taking?
Not happy with new atlas, ever since the four influencers, there's a god-tier designed to be fun and more loot for the 1%. If they're even 1% of players. Prior to this, I used to be able to run up to t13 on my humble no-flask-script-easy-access builds and now it's struggle at t3 because these four pop in to 1-shot me.

It's such a rewarding league mechanic but the framework is punishing and terrible.
"
NecromancerX wrote:
After this patch the textures are loading extremely slow or not finishing loading. I'm using Vulcan.

True, when yeastarday i launch game the texture load for about minute, the game performance is worst than it was before the patch??? WTF the game somntimes freeze for about 10 seconds when enter new maps and start to attack monsters im using vulcan of course. this league start and game performance is joke, you are joking right? I wanted to buy delve core supported pack, but now? Well forget it ggg, you are pissing off and losing players. You have brains there? there is 2 weeks of league, game crashing, loading 2 minutes. EPIC!!!!!! poor performance you are sleep there at the end of the world in new zealand?
Last edited by qlasboy on Jan 29, 2021, 2:12:53 AM
Make possible to do all craft options from harvest in hideout.
"Crashes
We have resolved many of the common causes of crashes and continue to monitor and investigate reports as they arise."

I am open the game, waiting 20 sec, game is crush. Thx, but when i will can playing more then 20 sec?
So i think i have a solution to harvest. There is 2 possible ones.

1)I would like if you craft on a item it becomes account bound but i know this wont happen because it isnt POE like.

2)the best option account lock it for a few days or hours. This way you can still sell items you crafted when your done with a built. It will make buying and selling the crafts a lot harder since you will need to trust the person to be online when you trade want it back or that they haven't dropped the league.
It will start to limit the craft trade to friends and guilds if that a good or bad thing its hard to tell now.
something about this bug ?

1) Haven't seen a single harvest for last 3-4 days. Not a single one.
2) Every time i pop a quartz flask when having an elusive effect black square flashes around my hero. Thats extremely annoying, yet it happens only in some maps and zones, mostly the brighter ones.
3) Using dx 11 is almost unreal. 3080, 32 gb ram and 9900k - drops straight to 15 fps when harbinger and friends from atlas talent show up on the screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info