Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

Everyone rather a longer load than a game that freezes every time something new comes into play. 10 years after the launching there is no more excuses for such a frame drop bug, it's a sum of both bad programming and laziness.
I'm not bothered if this is laying the foundation for PoE2... the texture streaming and your abysmal spin doctoring of the problem is becoming a joke.

Sort it out, you're eroding my goodwill never mind anybody else's.
Could there just be a way to like. . . turn it off? My game would always load super duper fast and my performance was always super top notch. Hardly any stutters, no lag spikes, nothing.

All this did was make me freeze every time I load into a new zone (Which is really jarring when your blasting through maps). Nothing good came of this for me, and I'd love for the ability to just turn it off. I haven't even really noticed the game loading faster for me than the last League.

"
There are various other reports of bad performance that are being attributed to Texture Streaming but we believe are not related. Those performance problems are real, and we are investigating them on a case-by-case basis, but they are being conflated with texture streaming when they are actually just unrelated engine issues that we need to identify and fix.

No one really gives a damn about if its related to your new texture-loading system or sth. else - The issue that lots of ppl have (including me) is permanently dropping low fps (not only when entering a zone, but especially then!), while using a super high end pc.

And this issue was released with Ritual League!!!

Standing in an area that is loaded since minutes, checking skilltree for 30 seconds and closing the skilltree window results in texture-diarrhea of the zone you already were in for a long time (how is this even possible???).

good job on deleting related topic in tech support section. DAMN THING IS NOT FIXED
damn pretty funny that a lot of people are triggered, by the texture bug that only happens for 30 secs during the startup of the game.
"
Nicator wrote:
damn pretty funny that a lot of people are triggered, by the texture bug that only happens for 30 secs during the startup of the game.

Not startup of the game, every time I go in to any map I need to load all of my skill effects and it is frustrating. When random mob starts to attack or a cast a spell it trys to load and my fps drops 140 to 10 in a sec. If I ran all over in the map and everyting cast or used my fps became stable but next map same thing again. Before this update I run this game 120 fps all over but now every time I use my skill it trys to load textures and stutters the f. out.

I wish there is a turn off button then we can see what is the real issue here.
"
Nicator wrote:

damn pretty funny that u think u are right
yes i do run a 10 year old pc and yes ty for your efforts to make possible somehow to play the game by all of us who are not able to afford a new pc, that been said it is still a huge pain legion and delirium mirror and it is a heavy pain couse this league is so good, thx GGG anyway and keep up the outstanding work <3
Textures not even loading like before when u leaf through ur stash tabs... its a mess!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info