Constant crashes with no bug messages 3.13.1

New record - I crashed while the Grinding Gear Games logo was playing before I even made it to the login screen.

Any update, GGG? I'm really trying to stay calm but being unable to play for two days is getting really frustrating :( :( :(

Update: okay, I just ran five or six maps without a crash. I'm not holding my breath but maybe something changed?
Last edited by Lolcohol on Jan 30, 2021, 4:45:30 AM
Also getting random, consistent crashes as of 1/28. On day of the patch, I was getting huge lag spikes every 10 or so seconds. The crashes happen on the log in screen, in the hideout standing still, or in maps either walking or using abilities. Usually happens around a minute or two after logging in, but overall pretty random. Tried the solutions mentioned in the thread and I'm still getting the same results. Any other solutions would be helpful, Thanks!
"
If you're on a gen 1 Ryzen, try disabling multithreading. You'll have shitty FPS, but you shouldn't crash every 5 seconds.

Its not an solution, TO cripple my cpu trough bios when ggg are incompetent to make a patch that ain't fucking up game .
ggg's ineptitude and uncaring attitude are simply shocking
I was talking about the in-game option, not your BIOS.
Just a quick update.

Yesterday i've tried to uninstall latest Windows update KB4598242 which was pointed out by Pandequa on 15th page of this forum thread. It worked for me pretty well whole night and i've played completely without crashes.

Unfortunately ...

Today i logged in PoE and got instant crash in city and second one when i get into my actual hideout.

Ryzen 5 1600
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
16GB RAM
SSD disc

I've tried almost everything else posted on this forum and nothing helped. :(
I haven't tried uninstalling the whole game, because it looks like it doesn't help anyway.

I believe GGG working on it hard and will soon have solution for us.Love ya guys

same here.
"
GrindcoreTM wrote:
"
If you're on a gen 1 Ryzen, try disabling multithreading. You'll have shitty FPS, but you shouldn't crash every 5 seconds.

Its not an solution, TO cripple my cpu trough bios when ggg are incompetent to make a patch that ain't fucking up game .

Granted, this is a test on Ryzen 9, but disabling SMT improved gaming performance for them.
https://www.techspot.com/review/1882-ryzen-9-smt-on-vs-off/

I did disable it and noticed no difference in gaming performance, but it stopped crashing and I can now play.

When GGG fixes it, just enable it again, takes 10 sec.
Last edited by evovolvo on Jan 30, 2021, 8:19:57 AM
i have Ryzen 5 1600 and i turn off SMT in the bios
and the problem fix no crush anymore

before i got 20 crashes in 2 hour
almost quit the game
Zen 2 here. Running game with this bat file
"
start /affinity 555 PathOfExile_x64.exe --nologo --nopatch

So poe only uses 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 cores. No crashes since
Last edited by aqsahard on Jan 30, 2021, 8:49:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: