Constant crashes with no bug messages 3.13.1

i have the same propblem with the game always crashin ryzen 5 1600 and aorus 1070ti
"
i have the same propblem with the game always crashin ryzen 5 1600 and aorus 1070ti

Just turn off SMT in bios and no more crashes.
"
Kealthis wrote:
Just a quick update.

Yesterday i've tried to uninstall latest Windows update KB4598242 which was pointed out by Pandequa on 15th page of this forum thread. It worked for me pretty well whole night and i've played completely without crashes.

Unfortunately ...

Today i logged in PoE and got instant crash in city and second one when i get into my actual hideout.

Ryzen 5 1600
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
16GB RAM
SSD disc

I've tried almost everything else posted on this forum and nothing helped. :(
I haven't tried uninstalling the whole game, because it looks like it doesn't help anyway.

I believe GGG working on it hard and will soon have solution for us.Love ya guys

Make sure to Pause updates for Windows after that. Check my other post as listed below

"
Another fix for people where Uninstalling the windows update didnt work.

If you have an nvidia card, do a clean install of patch 457.51. Make sure its an clean install (i left out the geforce experience programm aswell, because its not needed)

The game hasnt crashed since. (This was done on a friends pc Ryzen 7 1700x - GTX 1060)

Another thing a friend has done was deleting the path of exile folder in Documents. (Make sure you copy your filters and configs/hideouts before)
-Delete the whole PoE Folder in Documents.
-Game creates a new one on start.
-Close the game
-copy your files back into the folder
- Run the game. Worked for him atleast
i dont want to touch my bios for a game and the other season that works correctly
"
Pandequa wrote:
"
Kealthis wrote:
Just a quick update.

Yesterday i've tried to uninstall latest Windows update KB4598242 which was pointed out by Pandequa on 15th page of this forum thread. It worked for me pretty well whole night and i've played completely without crashes.

Unfortunately ...

Today i logged in PoE and got instant crash in city and second one when i get into my actual hideout.

Ryzen 5 1600
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
16GB RAM
SSD disc

I've tried almost everything else posted on this forum and nothing helped. :(
I haven't tried uninstalling the whole game, because it looks like it doesn't help anyway.

I believe GGG working on it hard and will soon have solution for us.Love ya guys

Make sure to Pause updates for Windows after that. Check my other post as listed below

"
Another fix for people where Uninstalling the windows update didnt work.

If you have an nvidia card, do a clean install of patch 457.51. Make sure its an clean install (i left out the geforce experience programm aswell, because its not needed)

The game hasnt crashed since. (This was done on a friends pc Ryzen 7 1700x - GTX 1060)

Another thing a friend has done was deleting the path of exile folder in Documents. (Make sure you copy your filters and configs/hideouts before)
-Delete the whole PoE Folder in Documents.
-Game creates a new one on start.
-Close the game
-copy your files back into the folder
- Run the game. Worked for him atleast

I've paused Windows updates after uninstalling that update and i have not a single one in queue now. I've tried your idea about installing NVIDIA driver and deleting PoE folder and it looks like it works. I've done my 2 maps now without crashing or anything. I will try to do many more maps to see some results and i will let you guys know.
Thanks for all Pandequa :)
Maybe anyone Else can check if this helps, it did for me: I had Issues with crashes for the last 2 days. Deleting Shader-caches and completely reinstalling the game and Updating my Graphics Driver only helped for a couple of Hours if at all.
Today I tried going the other way and rolled back my Nvidia Driver (GTX 1060) to an older Version I still had in My Downloads (460.79 to be precise) and I have not experienced a crash or Texture Loading issue since during Gameplay (the textures still need a bit to Load when going to a Town, but I can live with that.).
Last edited by Hreswelgr on Jan 30, 2021, 11:17:50 AM
Disable SMT in your options menu INGAME. It seems to stop the crashes(for now).
Seems like a working solution for me. Thanks!
"
aqsahard wrote:
Zen 2 here. Running game with this bat file
"
start /affinity 555 PathOfExile_x64.exe --nologo --nopatch

So poe only uses 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 cores. No crashes since

This seems to be working for me: 4 hours so far without a crash which hasn't happened since the patch initiated intermittent crashing.

Thank you!
what is smt?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info