[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

what is the budget for this build? assuming i dont care to do sirus or maven but want other bosses to die quickly.
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Feb 25, 2021, 2:49:15 PM
"
what is the budget for this build? assuming i dont care to do sirus or maven but want other bosses to die quickly.

If you just want a boss killer glass cannon, there are many "quicker" builds out there.

This is a high-dps build that is also a high leech build, so usually stands right up against bosses and survives quite well. Once the investment gets up to say around 20-30ex, you can do anything in the game.
Hey, i was hoping someone could help me improve my ES pool, im at 9.5k now. I got 10 exalted to spare atm. Could also just be generel improvements.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"

If you just want a boss killer glass cannon, there are many "quicker" builds out there.

This is a high-dps build that is also a high leech build, so usually stands right up against bosses and survives quite well. Once the investment gets up to say around 20-30ex, you can do anything in the game.

so i need to pump at least 20ex into it? surely it can do end game content with less investment?
"
"
Graiaule wrote:
"

so i need to pump at least 20ex into it? surely it can do end game content with less investment?

I'm not sure, because I use scion, but my friend probably lost one 0 :) 20 ex they cost jewel in the tree, the cheapest ones. :)
"

The 'classic' (lv 90, ~2k Int, no cluster jewels) version from the first post PoB would cost about 3-5 ex. It can do all maps and starts to struggle only with the endgame bosses.

The budget for the cluster version can vary by a lot, depending on the market. Sometimes you can get the cluster jewels for 1-2 ex a pop, sometimes there is nothing cheaper than 10 ex. Usually about 20-25 ex is when you can start farming Sirus comfortably.

Then again, what do you mean by 'quickly'? This build, regardless of the budget, takes about 2 sec to reach the peak damage on the boss. It can never instantly delete a boss. It's always a couple of seconds before the target goes splat. Instantly exploding trash packs - sure.
"
"
Graiaule wrote:
"

1. No.
2. Yes.

You specifically asked for bosses to die "quickly" -- looking at the various youtube videos of 100M dps builds, the WI build doesn't reach that level. But if you just want to kill everything in the game, yeah 20-25 ex will get you there at around level 93ish. Note: you will need to save some currency by crafting your hat and chest. Otherwise, it'll be closer to 40 ex.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 25, 2021, 11:44:01 PM
Hmm, I just failed my first Sirus at AW5. Got him to ~25% with no problem at all and then ugh.

What consistently killed me is my energy shield didn't start regenning in time after damage so the off-screen laser blasts would get me every single time. My shield would stay down for several seconds. Sure seemed more than two seconds. I generally could not find Sirus in time to leech from him, since (a) it's very dark and (b) he seemed to be off-screen most of the time.

I don't remember having this problem in previous leagues. Did something change?

I'm at 9450 ES at the moment, with two cluster jewels. What am I missing here?

Note I have to play with the sound off, if that matters.

I guess I should record a video the next time so I can look at the problem in detail.

P.S. One death was due to the third meteor exit exiting directly to a degen patch, so five laser blasts and one RNG.

P.P.S. I use an OLED monitor, so blacks are really black. The Sirus fight has always been a PITA to even find the frakker.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 26, 2021, 4:12:40 AM

"
Graiaule wrote:
Hmm, I just failed my first Sirus at AW5. Got him to ~25% with no problem at all and then ugh.

What consistently killed me is my energy shield didn't start regenning in time after damage so the off-screen laser blasts would get me every single time. My shield would stay down for several seconds. Sure seemed more than two seconds. I generally could not find Sirus in time to leech from him, since (a) it's very dark and (b) he seemed to be off-screen most of the time.

I don't remember having this problem in previous leagues. Did something change?

I'm at 9450 ES at the moment, with two cluster jewels. What am I missing here?

Note I have to play with the sound off, if that matters.

I guess I should record a video the next time so I can look at the problem in detail.

P.S. One death was due to the third meteor exit exiting directly to a degen patch, so five laser blasts and one RNG.

P.P.S. I use an OLED monitor, so blacks are really black. The Sirus fight has always been a PITA to even find the frakker.

Well I can confirm I have the same Sirus problem but at AW8. Though I was not using Stampedes and probably that made it hard for me to chase him at last phase, so when he did the "DIE!" ....I simply died. Now I equipped Stampedes and will try again. So be sure you have the movement speed required because in this build you have to do chasing. I have to confirm though that Sirus is kinda special with this build.
To stay safe in the final phase of Sirus, do not touch the X-beams. They slow you and debuff you to take more damage. When that phase starts, the real Sirus blinks and you can find him easily. Stand to his left and cast Icestorm a little to his left, not directly on top of him. The beams will appear and rotate to his right without touching you, but Icestorm's hit area is enough to damage him even with CE.

Without the X-beam debuff, you can usually survive the DIE laser even if it hits you.

Sirus always turns before teleporting. You should always pay attention to that, in any phase. Frostblink to follow him and get back on his face. When I'm on him, I actually let him hit me to proc the curses and cold exposure on him.

If you haven't done Sirus in a while, it may take a couple of kills to get used to the fight again.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 26, 2021, 12:37:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info