[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

About boss dmg. Well not good computer+recording = so sometimes lagz and freezes )
Maven AV9, 3295 int, still can improve my gear up to ~3700 int
https://youtu.be/sI2xNidzBKk

PS. finally got good harvest
now 3386 int

with boots

3581 int and 16k ES

too pity already attached to stampede playstyle
Last edited by archwerewolf on Feb 5, 2021, 8:41:11 AM
Cool variation on the tried and true build kelvynn!

Im definitely gonna have to screw around with this later, already have a 96 witch (my boss killer) and some really solid gear on my ascendant. 15k es 3.4k int on the ascendant, should be able to just plug in the gear if i wanted to try this out.

Would you say this version can put out more or less boss dps than the ascendant version?
Last edited by Mindhandler on Feb 5, 2021, 4:38:35 PM
MY PRECIOUSSSSSSS!!!

This is officially the best league ever!
thats just insane.. i cant find anything even remotely close to that
New video: The Uncharted Realms

I always loved the concept of the Uber Elder fight and wanted more of that. Multiple uber bosses in the same fight. All Guardians together. Exotic combinations like Uber Atziri + The Shaper. Things like that.

And GGG finally granted my wish! Too bad, they nerfed Icestorm before releasing this awesome expansion. With the pre-nerf Awakened Spell Cascade it would have been GLORIOUS!

Still, this is the most fun I've ever had in PoE.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 7, 2021, 3:38:05 AM
"
aerial wrote:
Issue with this build is boss damage, especially those that move a lot.
When you check clips its technically not bad, 5-6min kills.
But in game, actually paying attention that long to a boss fight, if you played some crazy dps build that can phase bosses, this feels like zdps. You are tanky, but you still need to play around boss mechanics, dodge certain slams, and not only that you need to do it multiple times in fights where you used to just kill the boss before it uses any abilities, with high dps build.

Insta-kill the boss before it does anything? Press the WIN button, skip the whole fight, move on. Where is the fun in that?

And then there are 10M DPS people crying all over the Feedback forum begging GGG to nerf the 4 Breachlords fight because they get 1-shot.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 7, 2021, 3:53:34 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video: The Uncharted Realms

I always loved the concept of the Uber Elder fight and wanted more of that. Multiple uber bosses in the same fight. All Guardians together. Exotic combinations like Uber Atziri + The Shaper. Things like that.

And GGG finally granted my wish! Too bad, they nerfed Icestorm before releasing this awesome expansion. With the pre-nerf Awakened Spell Cascade it would have been GLORIOUS!

Still, this is the most fun I've ever had in PoE.

I just did my first Maven today. I think you will be really disappointed by that fight. ALSO that blue girl throws in "it's no leech/regen/recharge time!" debuff on us. It's doable, but my gear is good only on raw ES side tho :(

Spoiler
"
sufferot wrote:
I just did my first Maven today. I think you will be really disappointed by that fight. ALSO that blue girl throws in "it's no leech/regen/recharge time!" debuff on us. It's doable, but my gear is good only on raw ES side tho :(

Grats! You just need to learn the mechanics of that fight. The debuff that disables all ES gain for 10 sec happens when you touch the lasers in the Blob phase or in the final phase. But even when you do get debuffed, the fight is still easy enough for this build. It's all about the Memory Game, and even that only costs you a death/portal for failing but not the whole fight.

BTW, the easiest way to farm the splinters for The Maven with this build is not to run 10 maps and the 10-boss fight for 1-2 splinters, but to do 4 Shaper or Elder Guardians and run the 4-guardian fight. It usually drops 3 splinters, plus you get their 4 fragments from the maps, plus more random fragments from the 4-boss fight, plus you get a bonus Shaper or Elder kill with their loot. And eventually Uber Elder too. Much more profit for much less work.
Hello,

This is my little feetback with this build. I'm atm 91 and farming on t14/15/16. And it's really pleasant. After a bladefall/balde blast, it's nice to play a good cyclone build haha.

First time Icestorm and i wanted to try the occultist version. Very nice build, i have so much fun with it.

I just have 4ex on me and i think this is the best stuff i can have for now (i still don't have the megalomaniac cluster, too expensive for me with 2 node). I hope this will be enough for the different uncharted realms fight (4 gardians and co).

Thank you for the guide and all your response that really help !
First of all, thanks for the guide! It is a fun build.

One of my big problems though is physical damage and getting stunned a lot (usually also by fast attacking or hard hitting physical mobs). I checked both POB links, but they both only have 40% stun reduce and almost no physical reduction. I think i must be missing something... :)
Last edited by gexstar on Feb 8, 2021, 9:13:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info