[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Would this build be functional if I start it with around 10 ex budget? I may manage to gather more but would it be able to do stuff?
"
Would this build be functional if I start it with around 10 ex budget? I may manage to gather more but would it be able to do stuff?

It is functional well under 1 ex. If you do a bit of crafting, you can be in good shape at ~3ex.
Started it, beautiful so far but was wondering how can we prevent stuns?
Spin to win with Stampede and Sinvicta's Mettle (switch to it and back to staff while mobs are dying to icestorm.)

With the fortify buff from onslaught, I can run right through a fully buffed multi-harbinger spawn and not get stunned.

Check my character for ideas for cheap upgrades.

If you take Lucidity on your Stampede to reduce stuns another 40%, be careful your channeling consumes at least 1 mana, otherwise you won't get inspiration charges (basically you need to at least 5L the staff.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 14, 2021, 4:25:43 AM
The big difference I can see between this and Ascendant is the massive loss of ES? Checking out POE Ninja the top 5 Ascendent have 15-18k ES while the top 5 Occultist have 7-10k. Wouldn't that make this the much less tanky build overall? Kinda torn on which one to do.
Last edited by KanameChidori on Feb 14, 2021, 1:02:10 PM
"
KanameChidori wrote:
The big difference I can see between this and Ascendant is the massive loss of ES? Checking out POE Ninja the top 5 Ascendent have 15-18k ES while the top 5 Occultist have 7-10k. Wouldn't that make this the much less tanky build overall? Kinda torn on which one to do.

You need to take into account different gear as well. I imported one of the high ES ascendants into PoB (same lvl as I am) and put hes items on my tree%jewels. The ascendant had 17.4k ES, I got 14.6k with hes gear (my tree and jewels), and after changing watchers eye into hes (10% max mana gained as ES), my ES would be 16.4k. So with same gear occultist ends up with only 6% less ES. Or 1k. I don't know if it would stay at 1k or 6% when gear scales. But then occultist gets malediction that lowers enemy damage by 10% so it would put occultist on little better position.

Edit:Also Frigid wake for another -10% damage and random freezes
Last edited by Cjin on Feb 15, 2021, 7:41:16 AM
Wouldn't it be considerable to take the Vile Bastion ascendancy?
I don't know what we would switch for it...maybe Profane bloom? Of course we would lose some clear speed I guess but still we would get a fat ES regen and literally stun immunity. I mean it's not stuff like chance to avoid stun, stun recoveries etc...You just forget what stun is while you gain a big sustain.
Last edited by Mutant21slayer on Feb 15, 2021, 8:52:15 AM
"
Wouldn't it be considerable to take the Vile Bastion ascendancy?
I don't know what we would switch for it...maybe Profane bloom? Of course we would lose some clear speed I guess but still we would get a fat ES regen and literally stun immunity. I mean it's not stuff like chance to avoid stun, stun recoveries etc...You just forget what stun is while you gain a big sustain.

Profane Bloom vs Vile Bastion had lot of discussion at the start. Was it in the Scion post? Profane Bloom makes mapping so much more enjoyable, at least for me, so I would not change away from Profane Bloom. And getting stun resist is not too hard. I remember running with just Lucidity + Brine King at the start of the league and it worked very well.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Naramie_VI wrote:

How good is the explosion mod for this build?

Not as good as Profane Bloom from the ascendancy (works out to 6.3% equivalent but as Chaos damage.)

On the other hand, the two explosions would stack, so there's that.

On the gripping hand, one Bloom pretty much takes out a T16 trash pack so you can probably save quite a bit of currency not bothering with explosion.

Ty for your feedback. I play my own version of a hybrid winterorb (mapclear) / whispering ice (bosskill) build in standard league - Legacy stuff increases build diversity.

I thought for a few days and finally decided to get e explosion chest. Even the 3 % explosion feels huge, sometimes a whole legion is exploding in seconds. But ... it is absolutely not necessary, just another way if you don´t know where to invest your currency.
It's been a while since I've done a Whispering Ice build (back when fire conversion was the strat), but I have been having a great time with this so far. Sirus A9 downed easily at level 92, 2144 intelligence, 8.6k ES. Clearing is great, with very satisfying pops.

As far as stuns go, Lucidity, Practical Application, and Brine King w/ stun recovery upgrade make them inconsequential in my experience. I don't think Unwavering Focus is necessary at all, especially with a Cinderswallow Urn with stun avoidance.

One thing to consider is replace ball lightning with phantasmal wave of conviction. I don't think having them in two separate links is that great and I don't think having both is necessary. This frees up a socket for Vaal RF or Frost Shield or whatever else you want.

And as a last note, holy shit the energy shield on hit watcher's eye was huuuuuuuuuuge quality of life. Really felt like a transition point with the build for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info