[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Can someone explain to me why is Ascendant immune to stun and Occultist is not? what item/skill gives Ascendant that abitlity?
Uh, exactly how does one use Harvest to get rid of non-Int suffixes? There's nothing on https://poedb.tw/us/HarvestSeed that allows me to affect suffixes only in that way (that I can see.)

Ah. I'm supposed to find a chest with Int & resists, then use Harvest to remove the resist? It won't work with other suffixes, e.g., stun/leech etc.

I have to say, the game is getting a little complicated. Optimal use of Rituals, Harvest, the Maven, Sirus, Delve, Betrayal, Heist... it's getting tricky.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 17, 2021, 6:48:20 PM
Gearing Tricks for WI for the Cheapskate

1. Buy polymath cards rather than an astramentis. It will always be cheaper, and if you get a good roll, consider selling and doing it again if it's early in league.

2. When you need to fully socket a chest piece, use a quality craft to get quality to 36% or better temporarily first. It's a lot easier to 6S it or 5L it.

3. Your first WI should be at least 4S. Sockets are worth way more than %int at the start. If you want to try for 5S or 6S, make sure it is at least ilvl 50.

4. Do the chaos recipe until the zone level you run in is 75+. Your bottleneck will most likely be rare rings. The best sources for these rings is Heist.

5. 13% cyclopean coils are cheap and will hold you until you can afford a 15% and the 20 intrinsic catalysts to get it to 18%.

6. Always craft your helm. Ilvl 75-79, good ES, at least 43 int, 1 empty suffix. Type "suffix" in trade search and you can select empty suffixes! It's 100% chance with Hunter orb for %int. Note: always ensure you have 3 prefixes before you use an orb for %int.

7. Buy "of Hillock's veil" chest pieces at 1c each to get the % incr attributes craft.

8. Buy your incomplete maps from Zana (up until T14.) Use the alt key to see map status. I've been able to get to T16 maps this way every league.

9. For occultist, you'll want to reserve a glove suffix for spider aspect. So you can get int/1 resist only on that. Means your rings are your main resist source. So load them up with resists and int (look for rings with implicit resists also.)

10. Ilvl 75-79 chests will have a 50% chance to hit %incr int; ilvl 80+ chests, around 30% chance, but your int can be 5 higher. Only reason to do 80+ chests is if you want the higher ES, basically.

11. We generally will use 1 rare jewel. It's a lot cheaper to get corrupted blood on a rare jewel (this league.) Alternatively, buy a bunch of 24 int fertile minds/brute forces and corrupt yourself.

12. Alva. Make sure you run at least one high level map to get the temple at a high level. There is a strat you can use to maximize the number of third tier rooms you get -- google it.

There are more, but I'll let you guys add some.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 17, 2021, 10:10:02 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
See, that's the problem. I've never seen that modifier, so didn't know it existed. I guess I should check out poedb.tw's information on Harvest crafts...

Full list of Harvest crafts
"
Kres13ucer wrote:
Can someone explain to me why is Ascendant immune to stun and Occultist is not? what item/skill gives Ascendant that abitlity?

Ascendant Occultist
"
Kres13ucer wrote:

cause ascendant occultic node grants vile bastion version with stun immune, while Occultist choose profane bloom for better clear over of vile bastion
"
Graiaule wrote:
Uh, exactly how does one use Harvest to get rid of non-Int suffixes? There's nothing on https://poedb.tw/us/HarvestSeed that allows me to affect suffixes only in that way (that I can see.)

Ah. I'm supposed to find a chest with Int & resists, then use Harvest to remove the resist? It won't work with other suffixes, e.g., stun/leech etc.

I have to say, the game is getting a little complicated. Optimal use of Rituals, Harvest, the Maven, Sirus, Delve, Betrayal, Heist... it's getting tricky.

Most of the mods have tags, and you can remove them using the corresponding Harvest crafts. Most of the time it's just resist mods.

If you have a regalia with excellent ES but bad suffixes that you can't safely remove (e.g. stun/block, item rarity, etc) then you can use the craft that rerolls the item keeping all prefixes. You can either roll good Int again with removable other suffixes, or roll high resists and sell it.
"
Graiaule wrote:
4. Do the chaos recipe until the zone level you run in is 75+. Your bottleneck will most likely be rare rings. The best sources for these rings is Heist.

No, that's a total waste of time these days.

Just do the heists with Karst (lockpicking) and open as many small chests as you can on the way to the target, plus any currency rooms. You will find TONS of chaos, alchemy, etc and some exalt shards. Your first exalts will come from them much sooner than you can drop them in maps with average luck.

If you somehow don't have Karst among your starting rogues, or need to find some other useful rogues (Vinderi, Gianna) - cycle through your available rogues and do 1 heist with each of them. One of them is always randomly flagged to 'bring a friend'.

Heist is the best league starter farm, hands down.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 18, 2021, 12:57:20 AM
So I just did another Cogwork ring just for fun, since I found another base in a Grand Heist, had a ton of fossils and resonators from Delves, and found another Fracture Suffix craft in a Harvest (via Zana with Paths Not Taken).

- Rolled T1 Int and 2 other random suffixes.
- Fracture Suffix randomly locked the Int (1/3 chance).
- Used Prismatic + Dense + Pristine fossils (more elemental; no life, defense, phys or chaos).

In literally 3 hits, I got this beauty:

With a couple of Divines, a couple of Randomize element Harvests, 20 Prismatic catalysts, and a few chaos orbs, that's going to be a 54% All Res ring with 55 Int and 30 ES.

Sure, that's probably above average luck. But this is how you solve all your resist issues on the Occultist without Alira.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 18, 2021, 1:51:46 AM
Is there going to be an update to the guide? I assume you mightve evolved it in the past weeks?

I've been playing along and am starting to struggle to increase my ES above 6k: https://pastebin.com/GGY6xpZT

lvl90 at 2k int
Any suggestions what I could fix or work towards?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info