[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Maybe ill try this build is it decently tanky?
Last edited by wotad on Feb 1, 2021, 6:39:01 PM
Thanks for your build!

I need a few improvements on my gear but killed Sirus the easier way than with any
I can understand some complaints about the cost of the build but it also offers many possibilities if you are attentive to the market to make profit.

If I had to mention something "bad" about the build, it's that I'm going to go crazy with the resistances.
Last edited by xxsolerxx on Feb 2, 2021, 5:19:40 AM
"
xxsolerxx wrote:

If I had to mention something "bad" about the build, it's that I'm going to go crazy with the resistances.

It's important to strategize your gear. Since we don't have Pure Talent available in this league, it's very difficult to get the str/dex needed if we use an %int amulet (at least not until well into the min-maxing period), so the amulet is going to be astramentis.

Since the boots are Stampede, that means spider aspect goes on the gloves.

1. Gloves: int, 1 resist, spider suffixes
2. Chest: int, %int, %incr suffixes
3. Helm: int, %int, 1 resist suffixes

So your rings will need to handle most of your resists. You can also anoint Diamond Skin on your boots for another 12% to all.
Does this build benefit from having a headhunter for super juiced maps like 100% deli? Or is the cyclopean belt needed for the build to work?
"
Melona wrote:
Does this build benefit from having a headhunter for super juiced maps like 100% deli? Or is the cyclopean belt needed for the build to work?

I think only one who has actually tried to use headhunter is not currently playing in this league, but generally it is considered waste of money.

Only few things you get from headhunter actually help in any way, and not enough to balance the loss of dps from lower int.

You don't _need_ Cyclopean Coil, its just BiS because of how good int is. And pretty cheap. Other belt used is synthesized belt with 15% inc int. You can then use essences to get int+ES+resist but you gonna loose shock and ignite immunity.

My current gear. This most likely the tankiest build I have played since closed beta. Only thing missing is boss dps. I also have a megalomania jewel with unwavering focus which gives me 80% stun avoidance while channeling with lucidity.

Next upgrade is probably a third curse, or maybe someone has better suggestions?

This version seems even more interesting than the Scion variant due to buffed Profane Bloom and explosions => A lot better clear and new defensive layer.

Too bad I didnt see this version until yesterday when I just hit lvl 89 on the Scion after 1 week of play.
Scion build turned out to be good but lacking some DPS at T14+ maps.

Any conclusion on how Occu compares to Scion now?
I have read the last 20 pages of the Scion thread but not Occu one yet.

Would Occu be better in content like Legion, Blight and Incursions?
"
Rakio wrote:
This version seems even more interesting than the Scion variant due to buffed Profane Bloom and explosions => A lot better clear and new defensive layer.

Too bad I didnt see this version until yesterday when I just hit lvl 89 on the Scion after 1 week of play.
Scion build turned out to be good but lacking some DPS at T14+ maps.

Any conclusion on how Occu compares to Scion now?
I have read the last 20 pages of the Scion thread but not Occu one yet.

Would Occu be better in content like Legion, Blight and Incursions?

Absolutely. Profane Bloom makes Incursions and Blight completely trivial. Legions are a little more spread out, but the explosions take most of them out anyway.

At this point I'm very happy that I decided to try the Occultist. Trading a small amount of damage for a huge improvement in clear speed paid off big time. Mapping is a lot faster, and so is xp. I filled the Atlas faster than ever, and I was lv 96 just from collecting all the xp along the way.

The downsides:
- harder to max resists;
- less safe in the lv 70-85 range because of not being immune to stun, until you reach the power level when you stop noticing the stuns.
New video: The Maven AL9

I've learned the mechanics in Standard first. And now, after a few kills in the current league, I feel comfortable enough to do it deathlessly even at AL9.

- Place the decay ground in a good spot.
- Get to the side area when the blob comes.
- Don't touch the lasers (or dodge damage for 10 sec if you do).
- Hang out near the middle to see the Memory pattern better.
- Assign the numbers 1,2,3 to the three parts of the arena and memorize 3 pairs of numbers (example: 12 31 31) rather than a sequence of 6.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video: The Maven AL9

I've learned the mechanics in Standard first. And now, after a few kills in the current league, I feel comfortable enough to do it deathlessly even at AL9.

- Place the decay ground in a good spot.
- Get to the side area when the blob comes.
- Don't touch the lasers (or dodge damage for 10 sec if you do).
- Hang out near the middle to see the Memory pattern better.
- Assign the numbers 1,2,3 to the three parts of the arena and memorize 3 pairs of numbers (example: 12 31 31) rather than a sequence of 6.

Smooth kill! Boss phase seems a a bit annoying having to stand only to the side of the blob without getting debuffed. Looks like Frostblink didnt have enough range to go across the beams or maybe you just nudged it? So far the memory game has been my worst thing about this fight heh I'll take your advice though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info