[3.14] Dejuvenate's Flameslinger Elementalist. Best League starter and unethical clear speed

Guys I need abit of advice. I was dissapointed with my Blazing Salvo Inqusitor so I decided to farm currency for CoC VD Necromancer.

So while looking for fast leveling witch build I found this guide. And holy shiit Im surprised how fun this build actually plays out and how good it is for Ultimatum farming. It feels much smoother to play than my previous build. So I decided to stick for abit to this build and farm currency on this Witch instead of my Inqusitor.

So now my question is whats the "general" gearing strategy? Im asking because while watching people profiles and PoE ninja builds and PoBs theres alot of variations and Im not sure what to follow.

Is the Skin of the Loyal best choice? With skin we go for Empower support instead Efficacy? Is the 1 cluster jewel PoB good enough for Sirus farming? How people run Malevolence in low budget version? Its immposible to have Spellslinger/Ash/Precision and Malevolence active at the same time. Or we swap Ash for Malevolence for bossfights? Alot of people use Eye of Malice helmet, is it that good? Or should be used only with specific conditions?
"
Asag wrote:
Alot of people use Eye of Malice helmet, is it that good? Or should be used only with specific conditions?

It multiplies enemy fire resistance by 1.5. You stack negative resistance on the enemy to bring it, say, -100%, then Eye of Malice empowers it to -150%.

For mana reservation, you can do
- lvl 21 spellslinger (has smaller mana reservation than lvl1-20),
- Enlighten lvl3-4 to support Malevolence,
- shield with Socketed gems have reduced mana reservation,
- Helmet enchantment to reduce mana reserved by Malevolence or Spellslinger,
- craft accuracy on gear + use golem to enable a lower level precision (or to skip it entirely)
- there is also an amulet mod for Malevolence to reserve less mana,
- also you can anoint Charisma, but there are a lot of more valuable anointments,
- and you can also stack mana to leave you with more unreserved mana,
- and you can also use mana cost reducing methods, such as the ring anointment.

There is also a lot of room for creativity imo with this build, but it needs a lot of PoB warrioring. I am, for example, tinkering to go with a tri-curse build (Flammability+Elemental Weakness+Despair), as DPS looks awesome. I also avoid the kinetic bolt/blast style by going (Vaal) Power Siphon + Combustion + GMP + Chain.
"
Asag wrote:

So now my question is whats the "general" gearing strategy? Im asking because while watching people profiles and PoE ninja builds and PoBs theres alot of variations and Im not sure what to follow.

Nope, this build strategy is spread-out in 180 pages. There are info everywhere. There is also some guides on youtube but they don't follow the same strategy. This is definitely a fun build, but very low on survival even with 9 golems. Also if you are starting now this build is crazy expensive because of burning arrow meta.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on May 3, 2021, 1:11:46 PM
I played Power Siphon for abit but I prefer KB, it clears so much faster.

So with enough investment in reservation gear its possible to run spellslinger/ash/male at once?
Loving the build, have about 50ex of investment into it, but feels a bit squishy especially bossing. I'm running the PreCluster build from the POB and I'm at level 93, and usually health management is fine (it does move, especially in Ultimatums), but in bosses there are a lot of one-shots. Any suggestion on how to improve my defenses?

Thanks!
"
Asag wrote:
I played Power Siphon for abit but I prefer KB, it clears so much faster.

So with enough investment in reservation gear its possible to run spellslinger/ash/male at once?

Yes
"
Blickz wrote:
Loving the build, have about 50ex of investment into it, but feels a bit squishy especially bossing. I'm running the PreCluster build from the POB and I'm at level 93, and usually health management is fine (it does move, especially in Ultimatums), but in bosses there are a lot of one-shots. Any suggestion on how to improve my defenses?

Thanks!

I am fine in t16 maps and with their bosses and the conquerors. Compared to your build, I use Steelskin (set to LMB), use Cinderswallow flask, and use 9 golems. Check in pob whether golem bonuses (phys reduction comes to mind) would be helpful.
Hey all, like many others loving the build so far and enjoying the off-scren clear (I'm in early red maps). I'm still a bit of a novice when it comes to PoE and using PoB effectively, but I'm following along on the 3.14 PoB and I'm working towards the "Budget"/"PreCluster" setup and was hoping I could get some advice to getting my DoT DPS to that level.

https://pastebin.com/X5F4i5nn

I don't have too much currency (about 3ex) at the moment and not too much time to sink into PoE every day but my current plan for next steps are:

- Get lvl 21/20 Flame Wall
- Get Anima Stone
- Double corrupt my Skin of the Loyal (Question, can corrupting this change the socket colors? I'm a bit unclear with the "Sockets cannot be modified" modifier.)
- Start to collect clusters

Thanks
"
Eti88 wrote:
"
Asag wrote:
Alot of people use Eye of Malice helmet, is it that good? Or should be used only with specific conditions?

It multiplies enemy fire resistance by 1.5. You stack negative resistance on the enemy to bring it, say, -100%, then Eye of Malice empowers it to -150%.

For mana reservation, you can do
- lvl 21 spellslinger (has smaller mana reservation than lvl1-20),
- Enlighten lvl3-4 to support Malevolence,
- shield with Socketed gems have reduced mana reservation,
- Helmet enchantment to reduce mana reserved by Malevolence or Spellslinger,
- craft accuracy on gear + use golem to enable a lower level precision (or to skip it entirely)
- there is also an amulet mod for Malevolence to reserve less mana,
- also you can anoint Charisma, but there are a lot of more valuable anointments,
- and you can also stack mana to leave you with more unreserved mana,
- and you can also use mana cost reducing methods, such as the ring anointment.

There is also a lot of room for creativity imo with this build, but it needs a lot of PoB warrioring. I am, for example, tinkering to go with a tri-curse build (Flammability+Elemental Weakness+Despair), as DPS looks awesome. I also avoid the kinetic bolt/blast style by going (Vaal) Power Siphon + Combustion + GMP + Chain.

So how is Power Siphon going for you?
"
lolyndasmu wrote:

So how is Power Siphon going for you?

Honestly, I have not experimented too much with Kinetic Blast, nor done high delirium maps. After short testing, siphon feels much better and controlled for me in t16 maps. I also swap GMP for Greater Volley in closed maps (e.g., Toxic Sewer). Culling strike is helpful vs bosses. Also, what I sometimes do is to put down 3 flame walls around me, then trigger Vaal Power Siphon (it can store 3 uses), which fires 5 projectiles to each adjacent enemy. Obviously only one can hit each enemy, but then they start chaining. Idk the math, looks nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info