Content Update 3.13.0 -- Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

I don’t understand, copying of blueprints was fixed by Einar, but will you have to revile with foselies?
"
Infinal wrote:
Summary of the Spectremancer nerfs:

•20% decreased damage from Ascendancy nerfs (assuming four allocated lesser Ascendancy points, as should be the case for all real builds).
On an average 420% -> 400% increased minion damage Necromancer this comes out to a simple multiplier of 500/520 = 96.15%.
•Spectres are 4 levels lower (76 -> 72) at maximum gem level. Assuming the gem level progression remains the same past 20 (1 additional level per gem level), that equals a DPS multiplier of a whopping 82.42%.
•Assuming Syndicate Operatives, which I ran in Heist, they can no longer Spell Echo Support their knives, so we'll take the next best thing in terms of DPS (Predator or Awakened Elemental Focus, about the same for my build): 1.75/(0.9*2*1.7) = 57.19%.

Summary of the Spectremancer buffs:

https://web.poecdn.com/necromancerbuffs.png

We combine the nerfs with the buffs for an effective before-after multiplier of... *drumroll* 45.32% of pre-Ritual DPS. A little less than half of what it was.
Good job, George.

Thanks for calculation. It's good news they finally nerfed it. Appreciate for info. But the have to nerf skeletons.
"
hwat wrote:
I enjoy minion builds and play it every league.

And every. League. You. Nerf. Them.

Seriously, why instead of adding new interesting options (new spectres for example) you just kill any interest to continue? Minus fucking 4 levels? Are you kidding me or what?

I just hope you will listen to negative feedback. I don't remember such dissapointing patch notes.

Because with ZERO effort and risk minion builds can clear everything on budget. They deserved the nerfs. Morover they are still OP and need additional nerfs.
"
Vaildez wrote:
This is basically a single player PVE game... So why do people care about what others like to play?

It is NOT singleplayer game. Period.
"
Vaildez wrote:

I have never given a shit about the builds or whined about other builds needing nerfs.

And it is good because you are not the game developer. You can't understand VERY simple thing about balancing classes and think everyone but you are idiots.
"
Acemont wrote:
in Standard

This game is not about the Standard. Almost nobody play it. The vast of ppl play the leagues and completeing the challenges. SC and HC. Standard is more like a trash can of old build, outdated content, the next league waiting room, no more. The place with broken and heavily inflated economy. There is zero point to play the dumpster mode when you have an option to play league in HC mode.
"
This game is not about the Standard. Almost nobody play it.

You might despise standard, but a significant part of the player base plays it either mainly or regularly enough.

If I recall correctly, it's something around 15% of the playerbase or so, I would not be able to find a source easily though, but there are definitely more player than "almost nobody".

On a side note, if the new league mechanics don't have enough appeal and one wants to not start over, SSF standard (HC also) is also a thing.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 14, 2021, 2:51:46 AM
"
"
Deonbekende wrote:
POE is now a A-RPG without necromancer class ... For unknown reason people are happy with it even if POE isn't a competition game.

Because Necro and minions in general are piece of shit zero investment nobrainer gameplay for the single finger.

"
"
Xiphoma wrote:
Can you imagine playing a single player Car racing SIM and the developers nerf your car because you played it too much?

BULLSHIT. It is not solo game. When you picked your car you decided not to pick the other car because it's garbage comparing to your. Nerfing your car allow you to decide what to choose more carefully.

"
"
Infinal wrote:
Summary of the Spectremancer nerfs:

•20% decreased damage from Ascendancy nerfs (assuming four allocated lesser Ascendancy points, as should be the case for all real builds).
On an average 420% -> 400% increased minion damage Necromancer this comes out to a simple multiplier of 500/520 = 96.15%.
•Spectres are 4 levels lower (76 -> 72) at maximum gem level. Assuming the gem level progression remains the same past 20 (1 additional level per gem level), that equals a DPS multiplier of a whopping 82.42%.
•Assuming Syndicate Operatives, which I ran in Heist, they can no longer Spell Echo Support their knives, so we'll take the next best thing in terms of DPS (Predator or Awakened Elemental Focus, about the same for my build): 1.75/(0.9*2*1.7) = 57.19%.

Summary of the Spectremancer buffs:

https://web.poecdn.com/necromancerbuffs.png

We combine the nerfs with the buffs for an effective before-after multiplier of... *drumroll* 45.32% of pre-Ritual DPS. A little less than half of what it was.
Good job, George.

Thanks for calculation. It's good news they finally nerfed it. Appreciate for info. But the have to nerf skeletons.

"
"
hwat wrote:
I enjoy minion builds and play it every league.

And every. League. You. Nerf. Them.

Seriously, why instead of adding new interesting options (new spectres for example) you just kill any interest to continue? Minus fucking 4 levels? Are you kidding me or what?

I just hope you will listen to negative feedback. I don't remember such dissapointing patch notes.

Because with ZERO effort and risk minion builds can clear everything on budget. They deserved the nerfs. Morover they are still OP and need additional nerfs.

"
"
Vaildez wrote:
This is basically a single player PVE game... So why do people care about what others like to play?

It is NOT singleplayer game. Period.
"
Vaildez wrote:

I have never given a shit about the builds or whined about other builds needing nerfs.

And it is good because you are not the game developer. You can't understand VERY simple thing about balancing classes and think everyone but you are idiots.

"
"
Acemont wrote:
in Standard

This game is not about the Standard. Almost nobody play it. The vast of ppl play the leagues and completeing the challenges. SC and HC. Standard is more like a trash can of old build, outdated content, the next league waiting room, no more. The place with broken and heavily inflated economy. There is zero point to play the dumpster mode when you have an option to play league in HC mode.

Wow, are you personally offended by other peoples OPINION, are you collecting forum posts, just bored or payed by tencent?

It should be understandable that people rant when they cannot play a game the way the want to and liked anymore. And in the end playing a game should be about FUN. If it is fun to some people playing >10h a day to grind currency, stacking auras and ripping through end game content by only clicking one button, than why not leave them be? Is it in any way negative to you or others?
"
DeathfulDan wrote:

If you need to nerf that, do it someway it doesn't also nerf the other 99% of the players who didn't need nerfing.

diminishing_returns ?? PITA !
lazy coder wins again lol :/

"
Behelit wrote:
It should be understandable that people rant when they cannot play a game the way the want to and liked anymore. And in the end playing a game should be about FUN. If it is fun to some people playing >10h a day to grind currency, stacking auras and ripping through end game content by only clicking one button, than why not leave them be?

The "Fun" argument could be used to criticize literally any balance change.

People implying that solo games should not care about balance are either of bad faith, or do simply not understand how a minimum of balance in video games is required to make the game fun.
I'm not saying that all nerfs from GGG are justified of course, but saying that GGG should not nerf things ever just because some people are having fun with some parts of the game is nonsense, and saying that PoE is a single player game ( which is wrong to begin with ) does not justify anything either, as single player games also need (some) balance.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 14, 2021, 4:06:27 AM
"
Behelit wrote:
than why not leave them be?

Because
1. It is not solo game. When someone has stronger build she/he has economical advantage over other ppl.
2. It makes other builds less playable because there's no point to play weak underpowered build
3. Why nerf instead of buff? Because the point of the whole poe is to grind, grind and grind. End game bosses are only for very few ppl with the huge investment. And even if you invested several mirrors into the build each boss fight must not be like it is park walk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info