[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
Wrote up a sub-guide for packing on Mind Over Matter in this build, hopefully explaining everything I've been asked about:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3119532

Adds another strong defensive layer for surviving Ultimatums and all the other rippy crap GG throws at us, it's not the only way people have built Skele Mages high-end but better defense.

Thank You.
I added a section in the build guide for this.

Well not sure what I'm doing. But the block is nearly cap now. Just need to find another shield.
@camapngu133

If you want to cap spell block you can also socket The Blue Nightmare, Cobalt Jewel in the left side of the three i think 6-7 nodes surrounding gives nice chunk of it

may be more efficient
Nah, not worth it though. Cost too many point to travel.
Last edited by camapngu133 on May 15, 2021, 8:23:51 AM
I have a doubt, if anyone could help me. I just bought an awakened hextouch lvl5, is it worth using a difiler spectre to curse with ele weakness and applying the other curse or mark myself? Can the spectre curse on top of my curse, would I have to wait for him to curse to apply my second curse? I wish I had other form or cursing so I could fit in bb and added cold.

Well, I lost 100 life, got another jewel socket and put a added cold life and chaos res hypnotic jewel. Now I'm switching between punishment and assassin's mark together with ele weakness using blade blast.
Last edited by felipesallum on May 15, 2021, 2:20:35 PM
For me it's my AG with Vixen's Entrapment corrupted with Ele Weakness on hit. He has a curse limit of 2, so when he hit and applied Ele Weakness I can put my Sniper Mark on top. However because I only have a curse limit of 1, if I applied my curse before his, then his curse will replace mine. I have to curse again.

In reality it's quick and easy. You can cast your curse again fast and almost no effort. And Mark can be applied on hexproof enemies, being further empowered by anointment (Mark the Prey which is literally 10% more dps on cursed enemies!)

And Sniper Mark is actually MORE damage, not just increased. So the best curse for this build.
Last edited by camapngu133 on May 15, 2021, 2:27:05 PM
Anybody try to cap spell block without using Glancing Blows?

I crafted a pretty nice helm and was wondering if it would be worth it to try and get enough spell block without using Glancing..

With spell block on shield and using Tempest on the trigger wand... might be able to get close.
"
Durahal wrote:
Anybody try to cap spell block without using Glancing Blows?

I crafted a pretty nice helm and was wondering if it would be worth it to try and get enough spell block without using Glancing..

With spell block on shield and using Tempest on the trigger wand... might be able to get close.

Tempest Shield would mess your EE though but not much.
"
camapngu133 wrote:
For me it's my AG with Vixen's Entrapment corrupted with Ele Weakness on hit. He has a curse limit of 2, so when he hit and applied Ele Weakness I can put my Sniper Mark on top. However because I only have a curse limit of 1, if I applied my curse before his, then his curse will replace mine. I have to curse again.

In reality it's quick and easy. You can cast your curse again fast and almost no effort. And Mark can be applied on hexproof enemies, being further empowered by anointment (Mark the Prey which is literally 10% more dps on cursed enemies!)

And Sniper Mark is actually MORE damage, not just increased. So the best curse for this build.

I was using wraith from delve and that was messing my curse set up too. Now I clear with punishment and LMP and boss with sniper and anomalous predator. Hitting 2mil with fire and lightning mages, not the best dps out there but feels nice.

Edit: using 3 chieftain and 1 arena for spectres. Uptime without lifetap is decent and skellies get their frenzy fast enough
Last edited by felipesallum on May 16, 2021, 10:33:53 AM
Well! I finally scored a Breathstealer for a decent price. 150c! The days of 3ex are finally behind us.

Only took 1/3 of the League :)

Since I run Femur / Fleshcrafter, I find myself with one spare blue slot in my Fleshcrafter, and one spare red slot in my Gloves. I moved Flame Dash to my Armor. Since the three gem curse went away with Fleshcrafter, and I never ran Desecrate, I seem to have some spares for some reason. I have an Enfeeble in my Profane Proxy ring, and the other ring gives me the Dex I need. Ammy is sort of OK but still looking.

I think my profile is public so any suggestions welcome. I can probably spend the Chromes to recolor the gloves spare, but Steelskin shares CD with IC so that's out. Molten Shell doesn't trigger at all with CWDT.

I'm feeling pretty strong now, but two spare gem slots bug me.

I'm not sure how to link all the items in chat like I see so I can do that too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info