[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Feeding Frenzy buff: Feeding Frenzy grants 10% more Minion Damage, 10% increased Minion Movement Speed and 10% increased Minion Attack, and Cast Speed.

It's huge, so better to not cut it.
"

Feeding Frenzy buff: Feeding Frenzy grants 10% more Minion Damage, 10% increased Minion Movement Speed and 10% increased Minion Attack, and Cast Speed.

It's huge, so better to not cut it.

from another reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9i7ecl/power_charges_and_minions/

"Endurance charges:
5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge 15% to all Elemental Resistances per Endurance Charge

Frenzy charges:
15% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge 15% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge 4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge 5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge

Power charges:
200% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge"

So right now with my 3 power and frenzy charges from the chieftains I'm getting:
-45% attack and cast speed
-15% movement speed
-12% more damage
-600% increased crit chance

yes you can swap out meat shield for feeding frenzy, but then you loose the 24% less damage the minions take, which is keeping them alive in these crazy ultimatums.

Once I can anoint or get raise spectre to 25 I plan to add Oak's Devoted https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Oak%27s_Devoted for Endurance charges
Ingame: Sakrilegious
Last edited by Sakrilegious on May 12, 2021, 2:46:39 PM
Maybe if you're talking about spectre or zombie. Ske mage get 1 charge at most, 2 charges if you leave them for more than 8 sec. I run 2 carnage 2 host and noticed my skes never hold more than 1 frenzy and 1 power charge in boss fight. Feeding frenzy is a lot more consistent.

Then why not both? Meat shield and feeding frenzy? This way your zombie wont be defensive anymore, they will actually tank for you and apply the buff. Also spectre wont die, my spectre is linked with nothing but life tap.
Last edited by camapngu133 on May 12, 2021, 3:32:31 PM
"
Then why not both? Meat shield and feeding frenzy? This way your zombie wont be defensive anymore, they will actually tank for you and apply the buff. Also spectre wont die, my spectre is linked with nothing but life tap.

Im using spectre in the helm along with zombies(for +2 level, and eventually other bonuses) , that leaves 2 sockets, which one is lifetap (so spectres spam charges while fighting) and 1 blue socket which is either feeding frenzy or meat shield.

Ingame: Sakrilegious
Finally get real endgame fights and this is not good for that.But if u like to die a lot then this is just right build.
"
Korpivaellus wrote:
Finally get real endgame fights and this is not good for that.But if u like to die a lot then this is just right build.

Well this build is dedicated to league starting for newbies, as it is litteraly stated in the title. There are several skeleton builds around for min-maxing (iLL3at's guide being probably the best all-rounder), and OP clearly states that he's not competing with these, but only providing a cheap league-start guide for casual players that can easily transition to another, stronger skellie lategame build.

You can't expect dealing with T16 100% delirious ultimatums with a <100c worth gear. Noone claimed that here.
"
Korpivaellus wrote:

What kind of endgame fights you talking about?
"
Korpivaellus wrote:
Finally get real endgame fights and this is not good for that. But if u like to die a lot then this is just right build.
If you check my last few posts I just uploaded a couple vids of the hardest endgame fights, A9 Sirus and The Feared

I die in The Feared video but I've done it deathless before, total investment in the character probably 25ex or so
"
Korpivaellus wrote:

I find this build great for bossing, to be honest. I'm not a good player, I need a decent build to kill bosses because I make so many mistakes. I just did all uncharted invitations, I died a couple of times but it was my fault. I got to maven fight until last memory game, which I couldn't do because as mentioned above, I suck, lol. But the dps was there and so was the tankyness. Very fun kinda off meta build, starts well and scales decently with investment.
Wrote up a sub-guide for packing on Mind Over Matter in this build, hopefully explaining everything I've been asked about:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3119532

Adds another strong defensive layer for surviving Ultimatums and all the other rippy crap GG throws at us, it's not the only way people have built Skele Mages high-end but better defense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info