[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Thanks for the build. This is my first necro. I learnt a lot!
I reached lvl 90 and I have no problem with the yellow maps.

Can someone look at my profile and give tips? What should I do next? I mean passive points, item upgrades etc...

my Lioneye's Vision Crusader plate doesn't has right socket colours.So I use empower, but which blue gem should go?
Also trying to craft "+1 lvl to int gems" amulet. But still couldnt hit that mod.

I was using Flesh offering instead of Bone offering but I started dying in ultimatums lately, so I switched it today.

Should I upgrade zombie and hextouch gem qualities?

elder bone helmet seems expensive, but does it worth?

and lastly, it's hard to calculate dps for me, whats my dps in poeb?

thx
Last edited by Caramellus on May 11, 2021, 4:24:03 PM
Hey, thanks for the guide! Its my first time playing past Act 2 in POE, so this is for a complete newbie like me, very helpful! I have one question. Does it matter where i put the cluster jewel in? Or just a random available socket in the skill tree?

Thanks in advance :)
Hi Odif!

Having a lot of fun with the build here in my 2nd ever league! I have started dying very occasionally now in T12 maps, mostly in Ultimatums. I got quite a lot of the the stuff in the guide now, and I am not sure what I should upgrade next! The character is Rattlebeast on this link.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Pjolterbeistr/characters

Thanks again for the very fun and newbie-friendly guide. I am so happy you made this! :D

Is there any good way to get some more power from Cluster Jewels for this build, maybe?
Last edited by Pjolterbeistr on May 10, 2021, 5:06:55 PM
So much fun! Thanks to you for writing this out! It's been so fun running around in circles, with all what the challenge-master can bring at me :)
I've got a drop with The Dancing Derwisch that a put on for even more fun!
It's my fourth build this league, and I have soon passed all of them in level.
I usually get bored around level 80, but this will perhaps make me play longer?
Oohh.. Look at that!
Last edited by KurtVresig on May 10, 2021, 6:03:55 PM
I've been playing with +2 to level of socketed duration gems tabula rasa the entire league but I've seen so many people using Fleshcrafter Necromancer Silks body armor , is it better than +2 tabula? If yes , can someone explain ? Thanks.
"
wintertale wrote:
I've been playing with +2 to level of socketed duration gems tabula rasa the entire league but I've seen so many people using Fleshcrafter Necromancer Silks body armor , is it better than +2 tabula? If yes , can someone explain ? Thanks.

Depends. Flesh crafter is very comfortable to use because you don't need to apply Elemental Equilibrium to get more damage since your minions ignore resists from enemies, as long as they still have energy shield (the minions). But, EE when applied gives more damage compared to plain ignoring resists. Also, lvl 25 vaal summon skeletons gives you one additional skeleton.
Last edited by felipesallum on May 11, 2021, 5:15:03 PM
"
Caramellus wrote:
Thanks for the build. This is my first necro. I learnt a lot!
I reached lvl 90 and I have no problem with the yellow maps.

Can someone look at my profile and give tips? What should I do next? I mean passive points, item upgrades etc...

my Lioneye's Vision Crusader plate doesn't has right socket colours.So I use empower, but which blue gem should go?
Also trying to craft "+1 lvl to int gems" amulet. But still couldnt hit that mod.

I was using Flesh offering instead of Bone offering but I started dying in ultimatums lately, so I switched it today.

Should I upgrade zombie and hextouch gem qualities?

elder bone helmet seems expensive, but does it worth?

and lastly, it's hard to calculate dps for me, whats my dps in poeb?

thx

Your build looks good so far.
Because Ultimatums are SO dangerous in high red maps, when you get the currency (about an exaluted), buy a 6 link femurs of the saints staff.
Put the Skeletons in the staff.
(You will have to self cast Bone Offering)
Spec OUT of glancing blows, and any shield nodes you have.
Spec into Whirling Barrier. (costs 3 points)

This will be a massive defensive boost, at the cost of a small amount of offense.

You can then buy an NON 6l armor, with lots of defensive stats on it.

Buy an amulet with +1 int gems on it, they are expensive, because they are SO low probability to craft.

Upgrade all gems to 20% quality via vendor recipie.

Elder bone helms are nice, but until you have upgraded elsewhere, not worth it now...later when you are rich, yes.

Don't worry about dps numbers in PoB.

Can you kill stuff in a reasonable amount of time?
Are you struggling more with a lack of defense, or a lack of offense?
For most, Ultimatums mean its a lack of defense.

P.S.
Get a jewel with the corruption "cannot be hindered".
HUGE for Ultimatums.
Worth it even if the rest of the jewel is sucky.
Last edited by Odif on May 11, 2021, 6:17:05 PM
"
Pjolterbeistr wrote:
Hi Odif!

Having a lot of fun with the build here in my 2nd ever league! I have started dying very occasionally now in T12 maps, mostly in Ultimatums. I got quite a lot of the the stuff in the guide now, and I am not sure what I should upgrade next! The character is Rattlebeast on this link.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Pjolterbeistr/characters

Thanks again for the very fun and newbie-friendly guide. I am so happy you made this! :D

Is there any good way to get some more power from Cluster Jewels for this build, maybe?

Your build looks good.
Two small improvements are possible.
Get a jewel that is corrupted to "cannot be hindered".
Huge help in Ultimatums.
and
Breathstealer Gloves can be annointed! (most cant)
For offense, Ravenous Horde
For defense, lots of choices, I like Golem's Blood.

In the end, my build is not the tankiest, and Ultimatums mean you will sometimes die. Never stop moving is best defense.

As far as cluster jewels....
This requires a lot of changes, to get the points in the tree, but yes, its strong.
Notables:
Life From Death(every time a minion dies, which includes over summoning, your minions get a MASSIVE heal)
Blessed Rebirth (Minions are invulnerable for 4 seconds after summoning them) (Very good for bosses that destroy skels instantly after being summoned)

Life From Death allows you to run a VERY expensive Animated Guardian safely. (if the AG health drops, spam summon skels to full heal it.)
Put the AG in the helm, take the Stone golem out, put golem in a Unset ring.
If your AG has Kingmaker axe, you will have Fortify!
Fortify is a HUGE defensive buff.
Last edited by Odif on May 11, 2021, 6:32:30 PM
Uploaded a The Feared video if anyone wants to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNSfZz0LQuk

Spoiler alert: it was not deathless
I'm currently running this build in SSF (found the dead reckoning, and a femur of saints on my other char).I made it to 82 before I had a single death (an ultimatum of course), which is a new record for me (not playing HC, but the build could). Its been very solid for me. I changed a few things:

-cut feeding frenzy and moved stone golem to boots to add raise specter and lifetap support (Carnage and Host Chieftains)

-cut enlighten (don't have one SSF), it also seems we don't need it with the reservation nodes. moved stone golem to its place, have to resummon occasionally but not often.

here is a link to my current char in SSF:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sakrilegious/characters?characterName=Sacrilegious
Ingame: Sakrilegious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info