[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

When choosing jewels, do you want the same element for all minion damage added or to get multiple elements? For example, if I have three jewels, do I want all three to add cold or am I better off with one adding fire damage, one adding cold damage, and one adding lightning damage?

I've coasted easily into red maps and am looking to improve things for endgame content.
"
Veddartha1 wrote:
Hey guys how do you cast any spell when you equip enlighten+auras? It doesn't matter how many mana i get, i have a lvl 2 enlighten and 1200 mana but i run out of mana when i activate vitality+skitter+zealotry.

Your characters are not public, so I cannot see what is wrong.

Just guessing....do you have points in the Sovereignty cluster to reduce mana reservation?
"
Jayaargh wrote:
When choosing jewels, do you want the same element for all minion damage added or to get multiple elements? For example, if I have three jewels, do I want all three to add cold or am I better off with one adding fire damage, one adding cold damage, and one adding lightning damage?

I've coasted easily into red maps and am looking to improve things for endgame content.

You want your + minion damage to be elemental, and NOT the element you use to trigger EE.

So if you use lightning to trigger EE, you want cold and fire minion damage.
Hey Odif, thanks for the guide, this is the first time i ever got to T16 maps and kill normal Atziri.

For the past days i hit a wall and can't progress anymore. After dying 6 times in my last t15 map i kept searching for ways to improve my build, but i barely feel any difference. I tried to change to a Spectre Build, but it was a disaster. I made some other characters but they wasn't nearly as good as the skeleton mage.

I don't know how to farm efficiently and don't have a lot of currency to spend, but I would really apreciate If anyone could suggest what i should upgrade next.
"
Odif wrote:
"
Jayaargh wrote:

You want your + minion damage to be elemental, and NOT the element you use to trigger EE.

So if you use lightning to trigger EE, you want cold and fire minion damage.

Thanks, Odif. So if you use lightning to trigger, would it be better to double down and get multiple jewels that all give cold damage or to diversify and have some give fire damage and some give cold damage? Or does it not matter? I would think concentrating them all in one element would be better so that there's a higher flat damage number being scaled by any % increases.
First time into Maps on POE and loving this character build. I feel like I am dying surprisingly fast at times though which can be quite frustrating. I feel like im getting close to a wall with my current build and unsure where to invest next.

Any recommendations for me?
Am done! 36 challenges, and i never bother to upgrade gear. I played with first week gear. Better to invest currency to buy last 6 challenges xD get over with this league and take break.
"
paulo756 wrote:
Hey Odif, thanks for the guide, this is the first time i ever got to T16 maps and kill normal Atziri.

For the past days i hit a wall and can't progress anymore. After dying 6 times in my last t15 map i kept searching for ways to improve my build, but i barely feel any difference. I tried to change to a Spectre Build, but it was a disaster. I made some other characters but they wasn't nearly as good as the skeleton mage.

I don't know how to farm efficiently and don't have a lot of currency to spend, but I would really apreciate If anyone could suggest what i should upgrade next.

Buy a 6l femurs of the saints.
Put the skels in the staff.
You are already self casting bone offering.
Spec out of glancing blows and the shield block nodes.
Spec into whirling barrier for staff block.

This will be a MASSIVE defensive gain.
(Femurs provides insane defense)
You will lose some offense, but not a lot.

Buy a defensive body armor cheap, as it does not need to be 6 linked.

Get your bone offering in your +1 gems helm, or even switch to a +2 or +3 minion helm.
You will lose dps by not having auras in a + helm, but you want defense. Each level of bone offering is more life on block.
Last edited by Odif on May 20, 2021, 7:54:31 PM
"
Benjeeinaz wrote:
First time into Maps on POE and loving this character build. I feel like I am dying surprisingly fast at times though which can be quite frustrating. I feel like im getting close to a wall with my current build and unsure where to invest next.

Any recommendations for me?

Just like the guy above....
Buy a 6l femurs of the saints.
Put the skels in the staff.
You are already self casting bone offering.
Spec out of glancing blows and the shield block nodes.
Spec into whirling barrier for staff block.

This will be a MASSIVE defensive gain.
(Femurs provides insane defense)
Since you are not already using a +2 duration chest, this will actually increase your dps.

Buy a defensive body armor cheap, as it does not need to be 6 linked.

Get a +2 minion helm, put bone offering in it.
(You can move stone golem elsewhere.)
Each level of bone offering is more life on block!
Last edited by Odif on May 20, 2021, 7:55:25 PM
"
Jayaargh wrote:

Thanks, Odif. So if you use lightning to trigger, would it be better to double down and get multiple jewels that all give cold damage or to diversify and have some give fire damage and some give cold damage? Or does it not matter? I would think concentrating them all in one element would be better so that there's a higher flat damage number being scaled by any % increases.

If you are using lightning to trigger EE, 10 fire damage to minions is exactly the same as 10 cold damage to minions.
Buy the jewels that give the most for your budget.
Last edited by Odif on May 20, 2021, 7:54:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info