Game Balance in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

"Curses now grant 3% (from 6% and 5% respectively)"

Balance? you destroyed aurastack and physical golens...
"
And why? Because its too "meta". Because too many people use the skill. Its an amazing league starter, of course many players will use it, and many new ones as well.

Nerfing minions and aura stackers is totally understandable, but ED/C was never this crazy that it needs those constant nerfs every other league. I never felt overpowered and while it made leveling really enjoyable it was definitely a struggle late game. For me personally, those nerfs are just taking fun out of the game, not balancing it.

so its nerf a build who have dam clear speed and can go easly to red maps without any single chaos of investiments, and you like to play its no sense

but aura stackers and necros, you dont give a shit about it, its fine you dont play with this builds anyway right ?
"
dracusxx wrote:
"
And why? Because its too "meta". Because too many people use the skill. Its an amazing league starter, of course many players will use it, and many new ones as well.

Nerfing minions and aura stackers is totally understandable, but ED/C was never this crazy that it needs those constant nerfs every other league. I never felt overpowered and while it made leveling really enjoyable it was definitely a struggle late game. For me personally, those nerfs are just taking fun out of the game, not balancing it.

so its nerf a build who have dam clear speed and can go easly to red maps without any single chaos of investiments, and you like to play its no sense

but aura stackers and necros, you dont give a shit about it, its fine you dont play with this builds anyway right ?

red maps without investment? seems you never played that one. i played a lot of necros. yes, those spectre builds lately were strong and way too easy. with some investment they delete the content. with ED and some investment you can delete white mobs, thats it. you must be trolling.
"
"Curses now grant 3% (from 6% and 5% respectively)"

Balance? you destroyed aurastack and physical golens...

Disagree - aurastackers are just now in line with a reasonable build. They are no longer ultimate god-tier, one-shot everything in the game while being unkillable.

Also, with these nerfs the prices of aura clusters and other associated gear should take a bit of a nosedive - making it more accessible to more than the wealthiest players.
- Иисус любит лаги. Если ты не любишь лаги, значит ты не любишь Иисуса. (с) Крис
- Я просто хочу играть в игру. Как мне нравится. И люди наверное тоже хотят играть в игру. Но... у ГГГ видимо какие-то другие планы, они не хотят что бы в игру играли. (с) mistercop
Since I play RS it is the second time spectres level was nerfed.

First time was when the spectre level got hard tied to the gem level and all necros have had to find out the ways to increase the gem level to at least 25 level to achieve 83 level spectre.

Before that necros just needed 83-84 area (t16 map or shaper realm) to desecrate + raise spectre to obtain end game spectres.

Now you once again decrease base spectre level and make it almost not possible to get spectres to end game content level.

I do not get it...
Why is that a very taboo to have spectres the same level as the end game boss/monsters?
Is this a childhood trauma of some game designer? Or some unspoken rule in your team?
Why other builds can have characters much more higher than the end game content and only necromancers must stick to the white tier maps levels?
Wow that Specter lvl nerf is unnecessary.
SO's it was fun while it lasted R.I.P.
Noooo not my Tul's I mean the stompy noise was a bit obnoxious.
I hope this league adds some new specters.
To be honest I have never been able to get to a point in the game where I had all the gear to make a minion build do the crazy DPS a few have done.
Guess Ill wait to see if a minion build is even viable for endgame anymore on a shoestring budget.
Also the super OP builds with specters were aura stacking builds using Minions for fluff.. Most minion builds are barely viable solo. Unless crazy amounts of currency is invested or they get Super lucky with drops.
The majority of Specters are not viable at all because they just die or are too slow. So now I feel like specters won't even be that useful other than as supports for other builds. I already had to wait till endgame to make any specter leveling work in the campaign.
I hope some other types of buffs explain the decision to gut the summoner playstyle. I hope they also reverted back to easier attainable 4 specter max.
Some of you idiots should just watch Path of Math's video about aurastackers. Those who played it know how shitty the build is at 300% aura effectiveness. He just gives an explanation based on calculations. Not an opinion, just raw mathematics. Build is fucking dead on the gutter. Also, you couldnt make a decent aurastacker without at least 60 ex investment. Hell, even base 6p clusters were worth 5-6ex on standard. Those that say its in line with other builds should just shut the fuck up about what they dont know, and just watch the damn video.
"
Fistaniderya wrote:
Some of you idiots should just watch Path of Math's video about aurastackers. Those who played it know how shitty the build is at 300% aura effectiveness. He just gives an explanation based on calculations. Not an opinion, just raw mathematics. Build is fucking dead on the gutter. Also, you couldnt make a decent aurastacker without at least 60 ex investment. Hell, even base 6p clusters were worth 5-6ex on standard. Those that say its in line with other builds should just shut the fuck up about what they dont know, and just watch the damn video.

Weird getting all hostile when you don't even know the build as a l84 6p medium cluster was minimum 40ex
"
RightMeows wrote:
"
Fistaniderya wrote:

Weird getting all hostile when you don't even know the build as a l84 6p medium cluster was minimum 40ex

There's nothing in his post that indicates he doesn't know that. He said "base 6p clusters", not lvl 84 ones, presumably because he's talking about the reasonable bare minimum for aura stacking, not the ideal maximum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info