Atlas Passive Trees in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

"
Alurr wrote:
"
wolfwing wrote:
"
Hartsa wrote:

Well when I say casuals, I don't mean skill, i mean more time spent. the biggest hurdle in this game isn't skill to play, it's RNG and your ability to game the AH. Beating atlas isn't about being the best skilled, it's about how luck you are in getting maps to drop and or getting enough cash to buy the maps.

I've played this game a unhealthy amount in some leagues and always hit red maps and give up, not because it's too hard, but because it's impossible to keep running maps higher then 12 long enough to beat atlas, and never get enough cash or items to sell to be able to buy them.

Here's how you can beat Awakener 8 on SSFHC on a fresh character in less than 31 hours of playtime.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/751480275

You say the biggest hurdle isn't skill, but I know damn well I couldn't achieve the same thing, even if I had better luck and was allowed breaks to get rest.

what does insane speed runners have to do with beating the game? I'm talking about if it takes 1 month or a few weeks. I made it to Sirius my first time in Mayham due to some luck in drops, lost to him mostly due to not understanding some of his mechanics heh. But it was fun, I was able to sustain maps with little cost and didn't feel like currency was my issue there.
YES YES YES!!!
My gut reaction is to take the following 2 nodes first when unlocking these trees:

Controlled corruption + amplified (Essence)
That which you seek + The singular eternity (Delirium)
Bumper Crop + Heart of the Grove (Harvest)
Time and Again + Time Dilation (Incursion)
Monumental + Protracted Battle (Legion)
High Value Targets + War Supplies (Legion)
Test of Loyalty + Ominous Arrival (Betrayal + Harbinger)
Secret Stash + Inside Job (Heist)
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
I could of swore I had the camera on this laptop turned off :(
"
XsabBadDon wrote:
You get 10 skill points per area, you unlock them by doing the marvel quest line , i think first will be defeating 2 bosses in the arena,you get 2 points ,than 4 bosses another 2 than 5,6 and last 10, 5 encounetrs 2 points per encounter total of 10 points

But we will be able to repeat the 10bosses fight. Do you think this will also earn us points or only bring loot?
"
Baronjohn96 wrote:
What’s the difference between ‚+ 10% chance to...‘ and ‚10% additional chance to...‘?

If there is no difference can GGG please be consistent with their wording. Thanks :)

+X% is an increase to the base chance, X% increased is the next step, X% more is the final, so for example lets say the base chance of something occurring is 5% and you get +1% to the chance 50% increased and 20% more, the calculation to find your final value would be 5% + 1% * 1.5 * 1.2 for a total of 10.8% chance, the wording that GGG uses is always consistent and specific.
I think this is the first time I'm actually hyped for the mapping xd
"
onlinegamer1 wrote:
"
muzein wrote:
"
wolfwing wrote:

I love this game, but the game relies WAY too heavily on playing the Ah and getting lucky drops to be much fun half the time.

Honestly, that sounds like a you problem. Do you know how better players get around that? They get more currency out of their time played than you. And if I'm suggesting that Echoes will result in players getting less (market) value out of their time, then more people will be shunted into your boat of dissatisfaction and not the other way around.

As for maps - those seem to be one of the things which will increase in value if the meta deems certain areas of the Atlas "viable" to farm.

You claim that your build doesn't suck but that you don't farm up enough currency - That sounds like a contradiction to me - you ought to be able to farm up currency quite comfortably... if you're not then I wonder if you rely too heavily on currency and uniques than rares/jewels/crafting to earn exalts (in which case, this expansion will likely make that more difficult for you).

This is the problem with POE. People saying you have to sell your items to other players to be able to play the game to the end. That needs to end in POE2.

lol you guys give the most interesting reads.
"
Cherrin wrote:
"
Baronjohn96 wrote:
What’s the difference between ‚+ 10% chance to...‘ and ‚10% additional chance to...‘?

If there is no difference can GGG please be consistent with their wording. Thanks :)

+X% is an increase to the base chance, X% increased is the next step, X% more is the final, so for example lets say the base chance of something occurring is 5% and you get +1% to the chance 50% increased and 20% more, the calculation to find your final value would be 5% + 1% * 1.5 * 1.2 for a total of 10.8% chance, the wording that GGG uses is always consistent and specific.

So you are saying these are both additives to the base chance? I’m confused why they are written one time with a + and another time with the word additional chance. I am aware of the difference between the increased and more modifier.

Can someone confirm these modifiers are the same?
"
Baronjohn96 wrote:

I am aware of the difference between the increased and more modifier.

There is no difference if both factors are multiplicative as shown in the example of Cherrin.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Jan 11, 2021, 4:59:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info