The Most Well-Rounded Starter Build In PoE - Detailed Leveling Guide for CA/TR Starter by Asmodeus

Hey,

Can't manage to have all 3 auras - malevolence, flesh and stone, vitality - up at the same time due to nerfs and high reservation.

How can I deal with that issue?
Only at lvl 66 right now but this build is fun as hell even on console, zipping around the map just dropping bombs everywhere is great. Rarely even get touched throughout most of it with all of the evasive options.
I just hit maps with this.
Content thats assuredly a no-go is the new ultimatum (which is practically ritual redux) and by extension ritual.
Delirium is difficult but doable.

And the reason is that it takes 0-2 seconds to kill stuff... sure the health bars evaporate but for 0-2 seconds 30+ things are wailing on you.

Also... not sure what to make of Arrow Nova support. Its like I have a donut of damage that melts anything on it but the exact center is untouched. with Toxic rain on balissta suport still.... makes directly damaging anything nearly impossible.
Ive played several leagues but I still am not able to translate the action I see in your videos with skills and clicks (especially with MTX kinda muddy-ing things up).

Id appreciate any pointers.
"
EiggNog wrote:
I just hit maps with this.
Content thats assuredly a no-go is the new ultimatum (which is practically ritual redux) and by extension ritual.
I played whole Ritual with the variation of this build, CA + TR ballistas Raider, I'm not doing it this league in Ultimatum but I can assure that it worked great for Rituals.

Remove arrow nova from your caustic arrow if you 1) do too low damage with it to 1-shot white mobs 2) have problems with aiming the donut 3) hate the delay. I never play with arrow nova because of the above mentioned issues. If you play a PF you also get +30% inc aoe on chaos skills so that helps with CA. You can later on swap in dying sun flask to help more with aoe, but that's expensive early league (shaper drop).

Important: use withering step or quartz flask to not get bodyblocked (when I played Raider I had passive phasing, but PF can solve it easily through a flask).

TR totems I only used on stationary content (rituals, map bosses, maven arenas, delve nodes etc.) and they work wonders in making mobs attack the totems instead of you. Ok, you have to replace totems a lot, but every time totem dies it's an expendable totem and not your face. Ballistas have very fast placement speed in comparison to for example wither totems. Try it especially for the stupid stone circles ritual, put your totems away from the stone cicle then dash into it and watch mobs kill your totems while you complete the circle.

Remember, you can pre-place totems before you activate ritual or ultimatum. You will have to replace them when they die, but you start with already 3-5 totems up that will take attention of mobs. Be careful of chain mods (later can be completely nullified by upgrading last point of Lunaris pantheon, but that's a red map afaik).

Can't check your characters as they're private, but generally seems ultimatum mobs are pretty beefy, so be sure if you didn't get it yet to buy lvl 20 gem for TR / CA if yours are underlevelled (lvl 21 when you get currency and it drops in price), have a 6-link as soon as possible (porcupine or imperial legacy cards for bow, random chest or tabula for the second 6-link) and use the essence for +2 bow gems or the fossil craft (metallic, corroded, jagged).
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 19, 2021, 3:11:21 AM
Thankyou for the response.
I had been pre-placing totems.
I did a ritual I found and the confined space actually helped as stuff stops at the perimeter.
Ultimatum will let you and your projectiles out so Novas land outside the area and dont damage anything.
I tried a few ultimatum (to knock out the league challenge). Theres no reason to do em. Ive done a few to multiple levels and the rewards arent even worth picking up much less doing an event where yourelikely to die (theres one with a unique and one with 2 chaos).

Something I am noticing is sometimes my Despair doesnt go off (might be sever lag or some animation).

Ive played more with the Nova... again. The delay and 'donut' are making single target in-my-face enemies difficult. Map bosses Ive taken to carpet bombing. The AI does move around the areas.... smaller problems that spawn close by (ultimatum, Assassination(betrayal), delirium)

I did give GMP/CA some play time....
I opened my characters. Ill swap out the Onslaught for the phasing potion. See how that works.
I did put in Phase Run on CWDT but havent tested it yet.
Try to buy a lvl 20 corrupted CA & TR gems, if you have lvl 17 that should be a big boost to your current damage. Also I see you're still on a 5-link, which means arrow nova might be lowering your damage too much (arrow nova lowers the damage vs another support taking its place which would increase damage instead). If conc effect lowers the area too much, you can try efficacy or pierce.

About ultimatums so far I see there's a wide variety of rewards and difficulty which means some are easy and rewarding, but some are just not worth the time (spawn annoying mobs, have the "stand in the circle" option). I don't mind killing a wave of mobs even for 2c but stand in stone circle full of choking miasma, flamespitting skulls, frozen orbs and lightning runes for 1 alc unique? no thx.

Pretty sure the league mechanic will be retuned in a week or two because GGG usually does that. Like increasing the number of mobs you need for "kill the wave" but maybe nerfing the stone circles a bit (like make them fill faster).
First time in (a long time) playing as a ranged char.
So far so good, i'm enjoying the build.

Can som1 give tips to progress ?
can't run 3 auras. i'm running flesh and stone + vit for survivability.

i have near 200c to expent. is worth annoint the fortify on flask?

i'm new to this build and ranger. don't judge me xD
Last edited by upoo on Apr 25, 2021, 5:41:40 PM
"
upoo wrote:
is worth annoint the fortify on flask?
Nope it's been nerfed to oblivion.

Anyway what you should do:
- buy a fast bow base, you can probably get one 6-linked for 20c or so, yours is 1.25 that's crap, it should be 1.4+
- craft on that bow with shrieking essence of dread or fossils metallic + jagged + corroded
- throw away the corrupted low level toxic rain / caustic arrow gem, I don't know why do you care about quality on them, it's pretty meh, 21/0 beats 20 with quality and yours aren't even 20, and corrupted ones can't become 21 so they're useless
- buy gear with life + resists, you have literally 0 life on your stuff no idea how do you survive
- forget hybrid flasks, they were only useful for hardened scars and now it's nerfed to the ground, use enduring mana flask of warding and seething life flask of staunching
- you don't need heat flask you already have master alchemist that makes you ailment immune when you use a flask, also don't use 2 quicksilver, get a witchfire brew or a quartz flask
- you're also missing 1 passive point allocated, idk why, check /passives if you didn't miss a quest

Ditch the levelling uniques, get 4k+ life and fix the bow situation and you can easily go to yellow maps maybe even early reds.

If you can't fit flesh&stone due to its reservation nerf, you can use witchfire brew for blind and dread banner as a small evasion boost. Tbh in maps I'd rather remove vitality, the flat reserve gets quite big when you don't stack mana pool unlike caster builds, you can use stone golem instead for some regen.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
upoo wrote:
is worth annoint the fortify on flask?
Nope it's been nerfed to oblivion.

Anyway what you should do:
- buy a fast bow base, you can probably get one 6-linked for 20c or so, yours is 1.25 that's crap, it should be 1.4+
- craft on that bow with shrieking essence of dread or fossils metallic + jagged + corroded
- throw away the corrupted low level toxic rain / caustic arrow gem, I don't know why do you care about quality on them, it's pretty meh, 21/0 beats 20 with quality and yours aren't even 20, and corrupted ones can't become 21 so they're useless
- buy gear with life + resists, you have literally 0 life on your stuff no idea how do you survive
- forget hybrid flasks, they were only useful for hardened scars and now it's nerfed to the ground, use enduring mana flask of warding and seething life flask of staunching
- you don't need heat flask you already have master alchemist that makes you ailment immune when you use a flask, also don't use 2 quicksilver, get a witchfire brew or a quartz flask
- you're also missing 1 passive point allocated, idk why, check /passives if you didn't miss a quest

Ditch the levelling uniques, get 4k+ life and fix the bow situation and you can easily go to yellow maps maybe even early reds.

If you can't fit flesh&stone due to its reservation nerf, you can use witchfire brew for blind and dread banner as a small evasion boost. Tbh in maps I'd rather remove vitality, the flat reserve gets quite big when you don't stack mana pool unlike caster builds, you can use stone golem instead for some regen.

Made some changes.
I was struggling in TIER 4 xD
Changed from C.A. to Toxic Rain.
I was using voltaxic Rift, changed to a rare bow with + 1 to gems.
Now everything is melting in t-5-6.
i know i'm not even close of a "decent" build.
I have to change my rings, gloves and the amulet.
but everything seens to be going crazy in price for ranger :|

And ty for the help :)

Feel free to make another comment with more tips to me plz ^^
first off, thanks Asmo for the awesome build!

i struggle a lot in red maps, getting oneshot. Would be nice if someone take a look at my character and tell me what to improve or change.

Thank you guys

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info