The Most Well-Rounded Starter Build In PoE - Detailed Leveling Guide for CA/TR Starter by Asmodeus

"
xMustard wrote:
i sure wish we'd see another new DoT skill in 3.14 tho
Definitely, I'm still sad curse rework ruined bane, there are actually not that many chaos skills in game, and hexblast seems to be more usable for ignite purpose than anything else.
Hi, guys! I'm new to bow builds, could you please tell me what gear stats should I looking for. And if it's possible, could you please provide an example of end-game gear. I usually just take an end-game gear examples and try to find something similar. :)
Thank you in advance!
Last edited by undertaker_h on Mar 11, 2021, 2:37:17 AM
Why does the build recommend Stone Golem? Isn't lightning golem better for AS?
Otehrwise, isn't chaos golem better, to pair with Withering Touch (due to how the chaos golem attacks)

Also, is there a recommended ilvl for Blood Rage? How far should we level it?

Last: do you think Swift Affliction with CA is better than Arrow Nova? Especially after Act 6
Last edited by Cry0nicS on Apr 4, 2021, 4:41:52 PM
Awesome guide, hope the TR nerfs don't destroy it. I practiced SSF'ing this one and it was fun!

I'm curious why the PoB doesn't grab Resourcefulness -- 15% evasion, 5% life, 0.5% life per second. Eg instead of the 6% life node next to Blood Drinker, or at least much later on instead of one of the 5% nodes near Constitution?

Man, I was so exited to leaguestart 3.14 with this and then this manifesto dropped. I'm so torn now with fortify being gone :(
Cluster-Nerf, numeric Toxic Rain nerfes tomorrow....

Sure it's gonna be "fine", but isn't every build "fine" somehow?

Damn you GGG. Why you force me into this fucking trickster every damn league
Last edited by marc004 on Apr 13, 2021, 2:23:43 PM
"Toxic Rain

The spread range of spore pods from Toxic Rain is now affected by Area of Effect modifiers. This means that having higher Area of Effect causes the resulting spore pods to spread out more. The base spread range of the spore pods has also been slightly lowered.
Each Spore Pod now applies 5% less Movement Speed to nearby Enemies (previously 10%), to a maximum of 30% (previously 60%)."

does this mean, that if i put concentrated effect in the link-setup, the pods will have less aoe, but also the spread will be lowered, so that TR is maybe even better now for single target?

if thats the case, its fine for me, because i use ca+arrow nova for clear
but single target was always lacking, thats why i wanted to leaguestart with toxic rain totem

pretty sure the ascendency with higher aoe and chaos dot is now bs on pathfinder though?

guess im gonna go raider now
Hi!

Nerds fear nerfs,still very viable,my start build for sure!

My only concern is about the flesh and stone mana reservation increased,this cant be possible to sustain...any other option instead?

Thanks for guide! Rly good job!
Last edited by Fragu3Lado on Apr 15, 2021, 4:11:51 PM
hmm i think survivability is a bit low ;//
at 80 lvl i cannot make tier 3 - 4 maps ;((.
Normally you are missing something in that case...cap res? Ascendancy complete? Evasion rating? But mostly the first point...resistances
"
ithun_1985 wrote:
hmm i think survivability is a bit low ;//
at 80 lvl i cannot make tier 3 - 4 maps ;((.
You must be doing something wrong, your characters are hidden, but common reasons for dying early are:

- elemental resists aren't capped (75% fire / cold / lightning)
- gear has no life on it (you need life on every piece except the bow, as high rolls as possible)
- you didn't spec enough life on the tree by rushing too many damage nodes (you need to have at least 100-150% inc life from tree)
- you are not using utility flasks like jade or quartz (only life and mana)
- you didn't pick ailment immunity ascendancy and don't have remove freeze on flasks
- similar to above, you don't have remove bleed & curses on flasks
- your damage is extremely sub par (for example low level gems after swapping from a different build)

The first 2 are most common culprits though. How much life do you have? You should have at least 4k. How much resists do you have?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info