The Most Well-Rounded Starter Build In PoE - Detailed Leveling Guide for CA/TR Starter by Asmodeus

"
Mitsch287 wrote:
i struggle a lot in red maps, getting oneshot. Would be nice if someone take a look at my character and tell me what to improve or change.
This is mostly a levelling build, you should transition to some end game setup for toxic rain which are plenty around.

Anyway:
- cap cold res
- get a jade flask of reflexes esp. if you don't use flesh&stone
- get at least positive chaos res
- get a few more levels and uber lab done before you go deep into red maps
- buy a lvl 21 toxic rain (no quality)
- higher life rolls on gear (stuff like 21 life on belt should be replaced)
- you have no gems in chest? use some guard skill setup like cwdt + immortal call or steelskin, can also throw void sphere there and maybe vaal grace (not linked to cwdt just normally use it)
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Mitsch287 wrote:
i struggle a lot in red maps, getting oneshot. Would be nice if someone take a look at my character and tell me what to improve or change.
This is mostly a levelling build, you should transition to some end game setup for toxic rain which are plenty around.

Anyway:
- cap cold res
- get a jade flask of reflexes esp. if you don't use flesh&stone
- get at least positive chaos res
- get a few more levels and uber lab done before you go deep into red maps
- buy a lvl 21 toxic rain (no quality)
- higher life rolls on gear (stuff like 21 life on belt should be replaced)
- you have no gems in chest? use some guard skill setup like cwdt + immortal call or steelskin, can also throw void sphere there and maybe vaal grace (not linked to cwdt just normally use it)

Thanks for taking the time to check my character!

I totaly forgot my uber lab lmao

i transitioned from the leveling guide to the trigger setup asmon mentioned in part 2 on his yt channel (currently farming up for Carcass jack and asenaths curclet)

okay i wil ltry the trigger setup in the chest thanks again for the input
Any recommendations for transitioning to Toxic Rain? (Guide)
Please rate my gear/build/gems/progression. This is my second league and I love learning more about POE. Thank you Asmodeus for such a good POB guide.

I use the traditional toxic rain totems then switch to Wither on targets that live longer. Thanks!
I'm doing this build right now. He's awesome and you haven't promised too much.
First of all: pretty nice guide!

I still have a question though:
How is Skitterbots supposed to work?
I put it together with totem support and multiple totem support and it seems like the totem support does not work with the skitterbots? so i am basically left with another mana-reserve-skill, which i cannot run because of 2 other auras (malevolene, vitality)
"
Hungriger_Hu wrote:

I put it together with totem support and multiple totem support and it seems like the totem support does not work with the skitterbots?
That's probably just how author was levelling his gems, these don't work together.

Tbh when you get to maps I'd probably drop skitterbots and use only malevolence and either flesh&stone or some combo of vitality / clarity (depends on watcher's eye, you might need a rank1 precision if you get watcher's eye with attack speed during precision, other good mods is -10 mana cost w/ clarity and life on hit w/ vitality). If you want malevolence + skitterbots then skip any other aura.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Hungriger_Hu wrote:

I put it together with totem support and multiple totem support and it seems like the totem support does not work with the skitterbots?
That's probably just how author was levelling his gems, these don't work together.

Tbh when you get to maps I'd probably drop skitterbots and use only malevolence and either flesh&stone or some combo of vitality / clarity (depends on watcher's eye, you might need a rank1 precision if you get watcher's eye with attack speed during precision, other good mods is -10 mana cost w/ clarity and life on hit w/ vitality). If you want malevolence + skitterbots then skip any other aura.

many thanks for the fast answer!
Does this work for 3.14 and do you have a POB for that with the levelling stages?
"
AsmodeusPOE wrote:
"
AengusM wrote:

There was no other mention of how you should be linking it etc. Is that just because at this point you have now left this guide and I should just be researching a pure TR skill setup from another guide?

Can you elaborate a little bit on once getting there, what to do next?

Thanks again

"
RKZQLF wrote:
I want to know what do to next too :D
And what about endgame stuff ? :o

Yes, I'm planning on releasing an end game build guide for this, before the next league launch. This is essentially a part one, which covers the leveling. You can use another TR guide for now, or just copy the setup I showed in the second PoB - it has all the end game gems and items I was using for the showcase.

In short, once you get a 5 link Quil Rain, you can switch to TR with Vicious Proj, Void Manip, Swift Affliction and Mirage Archer (6-link add Efficacy or Empower lvl 4)

I'm confused. I followed your guide exactly, and then switched to 5 link quill rain with these gems, and asenaths chant and maloney's like your pob, and I am dying much more now and doing less dps.

it seems like a totally different build than the one I got to maps...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info