[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"
Protax010 wrote:
I've a level 97 Occulist, that I'm not using currently. Thinking of making this my mapper alt.

Currently have around 30 ex to spend, do you guys think it's possible to build this char with amount of currency?

Edit: Got the helmet on my FR char.

30ex will get all the important stuff, and probably even cheaper. Rest is expensive Awakened gems and Watcher's eye.

"
Amir_Ban wrote:

Again, Thanks for the build and the help in comment section. i was going to quit this league, this build with some investments saved me.

You're welcome and I'm glad you like it.

"
Vycaus wrote:
I have a question on Aura's and mana managment. With the mana changes my CA costs 51 mana, I have 153 unreserved but the Regen is really low.

I'm curious on opinions for the last aura. I'm using heretics veil with dispair and enfeeble, Mal+lvl3 enlighten, spider. Do you think F&S is substantially better than enfeeble?

Also what level would you recommend for 2nd cluster setup? I'm 94, but not sure it's worth it till 97.

Yes, mana is more problematic this league, but having enough for 3 shots should be enough, except for more hectic fights. I don't really have a solution yet for the mana issue this league. Hope they will address this in 3.16

I think F&S is better on bosses (mostly due to curse effectiveness reduction...), but Enfeeble may be better on mapping. Try it yourself, and see what you prefer.

As for second cluster I personally go as soon as possible even if i dont fill all the damage notables. The extra jewel sockets really help with life and resists.

"
Freakap wrote:
Is it any worth using bottled faith with this build?

~8% dmg increase... 2ex per percent... not so sure, unless you print those
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Aug 18, 2021, 4:04:49 PM
I've seen a few characters that drop conc effect and keep using lifetap. I personally like being able to attack on demand and spread pools at will... But it drops my dpd from 1.9m to 1.6m... that's a lot to sack for QoL but I think I might go through with it.
Hi,

I've build my char today:

https://pastebin.com/Y9wsQUJD

Wondering if some experienced player can take a look. Expensive build, hopefully worth it :)

So far, I don't feel that quick... Maybe because I miss something like flame dash. Strange that you see the char doesn't do anything and still do a lot of damage.

Wondering what my next upgrade should be. Better medium cluster, bought cheap ones or integrate a Watcher's Eye.

Other tips welcome :)
"
Protax010 wrote:
Hi,

I've build my char today:

https://pastebin.com/Y9wsQUJD

Wondering if some experienced player can take a look. Expensive build, hopefully worth it :)

So far, I don't feel that quick... Maybe because I miss something like flame dash. Strange that you see the char doesn't do anything and still do a lot of damage.

Wondering what my next upgrade should be. Better medium cluster, bought cheap ones or integrate a Watcher's Eye.

Other tips welcome :)

Shame on you coming here to show-off you expensive items making people eat their nails with envy.

Our speed comes from withering step on left mouse button plus 30% inc speed on boots for more speed the only option is to go tailwind boots if they have elusive even better.
Last edited by SUNRA3000 on Aug 20, 2021, 8:25:57 AM
This build seemed pretty fast (running speed wise), until I switched to the single cluster tree. Now it seems like I'm just barely moving at all.

Losing the elusive buffs really hurt. Couple that with the flask nerfs, and I don't even want to touch heists anymore. I'm forced to always walk in a slow pace, making the game boring af. Withering step has way too high of a downtime to actually be useful as a movement skill. Blink arrow is just annoying to use.

Really out of ideas of what to do. Thought about switching to Stampede, but not sure if that would actually do anything.
"
Joksee wrote:
Really out of ideas of what to do. Thought about switching to Stampede, but not sure if that would actually do anything.

Personally I use Obliteration Wand + Shield on weapon swap for thrash. I use shield charge for movement (fortify is nice bonus) and Obliteration Wand for bigger explosions.

When I meet something more durable I swap back to bow and use CA.
"
Allamokia wrote:
"
Joksee wrote:

Personally I use Obliteration Wand + Shield on weapon swap for thrash. I use shield charge for movement (fortify is nice bonus) and Obliteration Wand for bigger explosions.

When I meet something more durable I swap back to bow and use CA.

That is actually an awesome idea, I'm going to do the same, is there something useful we could put on the wand though?

Some chaos/chaos dot skill that can take advantage of our mods? Was thinking:
Plague Bearer + Empower + Increased Area of Effect but don't know if Poison damage increases with chaos DoT.

This way we would only change for CA Bow for Bosses, hard rares would die to DA and PB.
"
SUNRA3000 wrote:
That is actually an awesome idea, I'm going to do the same, is there something useful we could put on the wand though?

Some chaos/chaos dot skill that can take advantage of our mods? Was thinking:
Plague Bearer + Empower + Increased Area of Effect but don't know if Poison damage increases with chaos DoT.

Definitely Bane with Swift Affliction and another curse like Enfeeble/Temp Chains. It's a ranged ability; it has a large AoE which scales from the nodes; it's a Chaos DoT ability; and it applies a second curse which the build isn't using which will also cause Profane Bloom to proc as Bane is cursing them. The curse will also help survivability. You could probably get to up to 80k to 100k PoB DPS for Bane on a 3-link.
"
Vycaus wrote:
I have a question on Aura's and mana managment. With the mana changes my CA costs 51 mana, I have 153 unreserved but the Regen is really low.

I'm curious on opinions for the last aura. I'm using heretics veil with dispair and enfeeble, Mal+lvl3 enlighten, spider. Do you think F&S is substantially better than enfeeble?

Also what level would you recommend for 2nd cluster setup? I'm 94, but not sure it's worth it till 97.

Btw you need to have lifetap somewhere else other than deaths oath, otherwise you dont get the buff
Hi everyone!
I'm not sure what skills to use for leveling.
I'm now in act2 running just with zombos and CA in 4L +1 unique bow.

Can someone suggest some "auto-attacking" skills for clearing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info