[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

is using punishment as a damage/survival boost a good idea? since we have a curse slot empty
"
Singrave wrote:
Can someone suggest some "auto-attacking" skills for clearing?
Toxic rain if you can mule it from someone, otherwise in act 3 you can pick bane.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Singrave wrote:
Can someone suggest some "auto-attacking" skills for clearing?
Toxic rain if you can mule it from someone, otherwise in act 3 you can pick bane.

It's not my main character this league, so i can get anything that meets level and stats requirements.
TBH it's my only second try to play something than summoner, so i'm really noob in those builds.
What supports for TR? Efficacy, Void Manipulation? And what else?
Toxic rain feels...slow.

What about Bane? Give me some insight please :)
"
Singrave wrote:

What supports for TR? Efficacy, Void Manipulation? And what else?
Toxic rain feels...slow.
You can buy quill rain it will be faster to shoot.

Toxic rain + mirage archer + void manipulation (+ efficacy if you have 4 link early, replace with vicious proj at lvl 18). If you have a tabula you can get conc effect too and lifetap but keep in mind it consumes a lot of mana (or life, if using lifetap), so you need to keep flasks up to date and maybe even run clarity / vitality early on.

"
Singrave wrote:
What about Bane? Give me some insight please :)
Bane you link with despair, void manipulation and controlled destruction, if you have whispers of doom on the tree you can link second curse but probably you won't have this specced early on. If you get a bigger link last 2 supports would be swift affliction and efficacy.

Just go by which gem has bigger number on it and skip the lowest one if you have fewer links.

Toxic rain needs a fast bow.

Bane is a spell so works with any weapon, but should be linked with at least 1 curse for damage benefit.
"
Viktranka wrote:

Thank you so much for such good insight!
Will try both TR and Bane with supports.

Death Oath don't need to be 6L, right? just 2g-2b-2r sockets?
"
Singrave wrote:
Death Oath don't need to be 6L, right?
It doesn't, just 6 sockets no links needed.

Check the guide about alternate method of colouring the armor.
Would like some feedback on what I should got for next.

So got this build going quite good now. ~1.7m dps, 4.9k life (missing a few life nodes). Got 75%/75%/75%/81% (92%/97%/143%/90%) resists. So will be able to lose the high lightning res rolls on my quiver or belt.

My tree (pob link): https://pastebin.com/GMHQSKDC

Currently running the single cluster jewel setup.

Weapon

Got this for 13ex. Decided to go for the maraketh base for the 10% move speed. Feels really nice.

Armor

Still need a good enchant on the helm. Not sure if this is the best boots enchant, the extra movespeed would probably feel better.

I suppose gloves is the next major upgrade.

Rings/Amulet/Belt

Got the two HP rings with nearly max HP rolls. Currently rolling +chaos res%, but this will likely change to minimum end/frenz charges once I get chaos res on the gloves (if that ever happens).

Impresence is a no brainer of course. Just wondering what quality would be best on it?

The belt is nothing special. Some resists that I needed way back when I was still in A10 and a mediocre life roll. This will get upgraded in the future once I get the funds for it. Chaos damage belts are expensive af.

Quiver

Got this one for 2ex some time ago. Has a couple of resists, a decent life roll, chaos damage multi and an arrow pierce mod. Pretty happy with this item and I guess there's no rush to replace it.

Jewels

Got the basic jewel setup going (can't link due to the stupid linking system.

-Intuitive leap
-Inertia (with anti-corrupt blood implicit)
-Hidden Potential
-Large cluster (+3% chaos, +3% lightning, Missery Everlasting and Unwaveringly evil) - would like to upgrade this to save a skill point as currently I have to use an extra small passive to get to the medium cluster socket.
-Two medium clusters Both with Brush With Death, one Unwaveringly Evil, one Student of Decay (13% chaos res). - upgrades for these are incredibly expensive though.
-Transcendent mind - big dps increase
-One rare with life%, chaos damage%, fire/cold res and dex/int (needed the dex for the bow).
-Glorious vanity (timeless jewel) Using this near paint attunement instead of thread of hope. Rolled 14% light res, 13% cold res, 5% inc aoe, 1% spell block, 1% spell dodge and 11% inc armor. So nearly all of these are useful for the build. Got quite lucky with the divines here I think. The 81% chaos res + 50% conversion is also pretty noticeable and nice.

Tree changes

Dropped ToH, and picked up a -4% reserve node and Thrill Seeker (15% inc mana, 10 mana on kill and 0.4% attack mana leech) from Intuitive leap. I did this because my current 6-link costs 51 mana. I guess awakened gems might decrease this, but currently this feels way nicer than any other passive. It also enables me to do no regen maps.

Due to specing into the mana passive and having +1 passive wasted in the large cluster, I am currently missing a couple of life passives. Was rolling with 5.2k life before, but this dropped to 4.9k when I finally got around to getting my 6l bow and the final jewels.

Also changed to Lunaris for extra phys% protection and dodge%.

So that's pretty much it for now. Would appreciate any help on what to go for next and any insights into my tree (maybe I could do something else with the mana, etc.).

Overall the build is insanely fun. The movement speed can be a bitch when there's no mobs around, but during map clear, this feels like a CoC build. You just run around with everything exploding around you.
Last edited by Joksee on Aug 23, 2021, 6:56:33 PM
Can this build take down the delirium mirror maps in Tirn's End? I'm not familiar with difficulty of orb delirium vs. delirium mirror, so I apologize if that's a silly question. My TR raider can get around ~90 splinters farming T14 trop island with scarabs and whatnot using delirium on the map device, but by the end of the map I'm barely able to kill things (especially in Alva's incursions where it's timed). Does this just plow through that kind of content once your CA DPS is up to 3mil?
"
peterdink wrote:
Can this build take down the delirium mirror maps in Tirn's End? I'm not familiar with difficulty of orb delirium vs. delirium mirror, so I apologize if that's a silly question. My TR raider can get around ~90 splinters farming T14 trop island with scarabs and whatnot using delirium on the map device, but by the end of the map I'm barely able to kill things (especially in Alva's incursions where it's timed). Does this just plow through that kind of content once your CA DPS is up to 3mil?

I ran t16 other day 2man died 4x but i cleared it, my settups not perfect... Neither is my run and gun playstyle, so yes but maybe some deaths... Without viridis and good dps

Spoiler
"
peterdink wrote:

I run tropical island delirium with the atlas passives and without any issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info