[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"
missingcipher wrote:
For the 3B, 2G, 1R chest: What should the third blue gem be? Seems weird to run a Concentrated effect and an Increased AoE gem

Awakened Increased AoE.
It's a quality of life thing. Conc. effect is our top dps increase, so we need it, but the Inc. AoE gem brings it back to almost the original area.

Between Less Duration and Aw. Inc. AoE is about the same damage overall, since you start damaging slightly earlier due to better range. But if you want top POB DPS - stick to Less Duration

"
Fabiofun1986 wrote:
I just want to tell, this is my favorite build :) Im ex player of minions, golems, skeletons, and i totally love to run and explode everything, caustic arrow is fun for bosses :) great guide. everything thought, good tankiness , great idea of the helmet with both magic rings :P
Im grateful, you made me get so much fun this league.

Thank you :)
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
> Awakened Increased AoE.

ohhh, gotcha. Thanks! This build is super fun btw, I was kinda burned out on POE and this made it fun again.
Hi all
I follow this build and build my character can run A6 with 3 portal.
Sum up about my character.
- HP: 4k5
- Ele res: 75% (chaos res: 76%)
- CA DoT: 1m
- Death Aura: 160k
- Non Awakened gem

Some one talk above Death Aura can reach ~300~400k DoT.
So how can they get this damage, and how to improve CA to 2m~3m?
Last edited by baothaima1 on May 13, 2021, 12:04:48 AM
"
baothaima1 wrote:
Hi all
I follow this build and build my character can run A6 with 3 portal.
Sum up about my character.
- HP: 4k5
- Ele res: 75% (chaos res: 76%)
- CA DoT: 1m
- Death Aura: 160k
- Non Awakened gem

Some one talk above Death Aura can reach ~300~400k DoT.
So how can they get this damage, and how to improve CA to 2m~3m?

Your characters are private and no POB provided
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Hey guys, looking for information about Arrogance support instead of Less Duration for Death's Oath. Not much out there on this topic but checking on poe.ninja, most people are using Less Duration. However, in my build on PoB it shows more DoT dps while using Arrogance instead of Less Duration.

Is there something not being calculated with the duration aspect that makes Less Duration better? Or is perhaps my build lacking in Aura effectiveness so that the extra Aura effect from Arrogance makes it better?

Any feedback would help, thank you.
Should I level it with CA and Agony?
"
f4ward wrote:

I have just public characters!
"
baothaima1 wrote:
"
f4ward wrote:

I must have misclicked something...

1. You have no way of activating Lifetap
2. Read the section about (Anomalous) Withering Step.

Fixing both will about double your DO DPS and add ~70% CA DPS

"
ChestyNabs wrote:
Hey guys, looking for information about Arrogance support instead of Less Duration for Death's Oath. Not much out there on this topic but checking on poe.ninja, most people are using Less Duration. However, in my build on PoB it shows more DoT dps while using Arrogance instead of Less Duration.

Is there something not being calculated with the duration aspect that makes Less Duration better? Or is perhaps my build lacking in Aura effectiveness so that the extra Aura effect from Arrogance makes it better?

If you are asking about the Ascendant char you have, then it's a totally different beast you are trying to build there...

But anyway, Arrogance can definitely be better than Less Duration when you have almost no Aura Effect elsewhere. Especially since Less Duration is a pretty weak support.

"
dmoniak wrote:

I recommend leveling with CA and Skitterbots. Don't think HoA would be any good

But in general you can use anything you want to level.

"
f4ward wrote:
"
baothaima1 wrote:
"
f4ward wrote:

"
ChestyNabs wrote:

If you are asking about the Ascendant char you have, then it's a totally different beast you are trying to build there...

But anyway, Arrogance can definitely be better than Less Duration when you have almost no Aura Effect elsewhere. Especially since Less Duration is a pretty weak support.

"
dmoniak wrote:

I recommend leveling with CA and Skitterbots. Don't think HoA would be any good

But in general you can use anything you want to level.

What would be the link need for skitterbot?
"
f4ward wrote:

I will upgrade to Anomalous Withering Step.

However, as you talk above why my death aura does not active Lifetap support?
I still see 6 support icon on death aura (open Character C)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info