[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

Made some clarifications about the bow crafting process
Don't think I can make it more detailed in writing

Also added a link to a video guide by BigDucks (we use the same bow that is used for Toxic Rain builds)
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on May 9, 2021, 1:47:28 AM
I'm using Profane Proxy to apply Despair and it's really nice. But I'm not entirely sure what to run alongside Malevolence + Skitterbots (I don't have lvl 4 Enlighten yet but I will eventually). I'd love to work in a 2nd curse, Temp Chains for defense I assume would be the best option, but can't really figure out a good way to apply it. All suggestions for another aura/curse are welcome.
I have a question, i'm using lvl 1 lifetap linked with blood rage so i trigger lifetap by activating blood rage twice. Should i level it up?

Will i gain the dmg POB shows me when i check lifetap ?

One more thing, what should i upgrade next, bow/quiver for C.A ?
"
fnurt wrote:
I'm using Profane Proxy to apply Despair and it's really nice. But I'm not entirely sure what to run alongside Malevolence + Skitterbots (I don't have lvl 4 Enlighten yet but I will eventually). I'd love to work in a 2nd curse, Temp Chains for defense I assume would be the best option, but can't really figure out a good way to apply it. All suggestions for another aura/curse are welcome.

Look at the recommended auras in the guide. Work on the recommended gear.
Flesh and Stone beats Temp Chains as it significantly reduces the amount of hits you get.
And when you get Viridi's Veil, it's a significant survivability boost.

"
Mantikera wrote:
I have a question, i'm using lvl 1 lifetap linked with blood rage so i trigger lifetap by activating blood rage twice. Should i level it up?

Will i gain the dmg POB shows me when i check lifetap ?

One more thing, what should i upgrade next, bow/quiver for C.A ?

Leave that Lifetap at level 1, you don't gain any benefit from it's levels, only from the fact that you have the buff.
And the high level lifetap in DO does give you the full buff.

You can level the Blood Rage, so it triggers from a single cast.

For CA, I see your bow is ready for multi-mod, you will get a very significant boost from the +2 supports, so upgrade that. That's 4 Ex in crafts if you have them. If you don't have the crafts, you can PM me ingame, I got them.

Since the Quiver no longer affects our Death Aura, I don't see a point in getting the expensive dual DoT one, it's not such a huge increase. Get one with Hunter influence Chaos DoT (21-25%) and that should be enough.

But first - the Bow :)

Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on May 10, 2021, 2:15:49 AM
I was looking at some other DO build and was thinking t aking divine flesh where the thread of hold is really nice? You give up some aura effect but gain lot of surviability. But ofc having to max out that chaos res is a whole new task but would be tankier?
"
f4ward wrote:
Made some clarifications about the bow crafting process
Don't think I can make it more detailed in writing

Also added a link to a video guide by BigDucks (we use the same bow that is used for Toxic Rain builds)

Thank you, again. I figured out where i went wrong... Steps 0 and 4 apparently... But now i am on my way to the endgame bow.:D
"
RexZShadow wrote:
I was looking at some other DO build and was thinking t aking divine flesh where the thread of hold is really nice? You give up some aura effect but gain lot of surviability. But ofc having to max out that chaos res is a whole new task but would be tankier?

Yes it is. I am actually running with it now.
We also had a buff to DO damage, so the loss of aura effect is not noticeable if you compare to last league.
I had to sacrifice DoT multi for CA on the quiver, but for clearing it definitely improves tankiness and I can switch quiver for more boss DPS if needed (although I'm too lazy for that, and it's not such a big difference in CA damage... Maybe with dual DoT multi quiver that would be worth it)
"
f4ward wrote:
"
RexZShadow wrote:

Yes it is. I am actually running with it now.
We also had a buff to DO damage, so the loss of aura effect is not noticeable if you compare to last league.
I had to sacrifice DoT multi for CA on the quiver, but for clearing it definitely improves tankiness and I can switch quiver for more boss DPS if needed (although I'm too lazy for that, and it's not such a big difference in CA damage... Maybe with dual DoT multi quiver that would be worth it)

I got a pure res quiver and barely manage my res with 2 chaos damage rings. Like I have to fit it in between upgrading my glove and belt moving aspect of the spider around lol. Could work but a bit tedious and maybe invest in cluster for chaos res. Although I personally don't have problem clearing and as pure clearing wise idk if I want to invest more?

Trying to get a bosser going now because i don't know the bosses well enough to confortably do it on the DO build after A6 XD
For the 3B, 2G, 1R chest: What should the third blue gem be? Seems weird to run a Concentrated effect and an Increased AoE gem
I just want to tell, this is my favorite build :) Im ex player of minions, golems, skeletons, and i totally love to run and explode everything, caustic arrow is fun for bosses :) great guide. everything thought, good tankiness , great idea of the helmet with both magic rings :P
Im grateful, you made me get so much fun this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info