[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"
baothaima1 wrote:
"
f4ward wrote:

I must have misclicked something...

1. You have no way of activating Lifetap
2. Read the section about (Anomalous) Withering Step.

Fixing both will about double your DO DPS and add ~70% CA DPS

I will upgrade to Anomalous Withering Step.

However, as you talk above why my death aura does not active Lifetap support?
I still see 6 support icon on death aura (open Character C)

Death Aura can benefit from the Lifetap buff, but it can't activate it, since it doesn't spend life (or mana). Without it, you only benefit from Lifetap quality (10% inc damage).
To get the Lifetap buff, you need to activate it with another skill. Level 1 should be enough, so it's easy to get activate. Again, see the skills section.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on May 14, 2021, 12:55:30 PM
"
baothaima1 wrote:
"
f4ward wrote:

I must have misclicked something...

1. You have no way of activating Lifetap
2. Read the section about (Anomalous) Withering Step.

Fixing both will about double your DO DPS and add ~70% CA DPS

I will upgrade to Anomalous Withering Step.

However, as you talk above why my death aura does not active Lifetap support?
I still see 6 support icon on death aura (open Character C)

You need to cast something with Lifetap Support linked to it in order to trigger Lifetap. You can't cast Death Aura.

You can read author's guide which mentions an example of using Enduring Cry linked to Level 1 Lifetap Support to trigger Lifetap.

Edit: Whoops, did not see author's replying on your post. Sorry for repeating.
Last edited by zeroad12x on May 14, 2021, 9:46:24 PM
Damn this build is smooth to level lol.
good job
I got it!
Thank you so much, f4ward and zeroad12x!
What would you think about swapping a medium cluster for curse effect cluster with wish for death + whispers of death/evil eye. It seems to improve DPS according to POB.
"
Elgoriath wrote:
What would you think about swapping a medium cluster for curse effect cluster with wish for death + whispers of death/evil eye. It seems to improve DPS according to POB.

It does, only for Death Aura though, not CA (as far as I remember). But definitely an option.

But on DoT clusters, it's also easier (cheaper) to get a defensive notable (life regen or recovery) combined with 1 dps notable, which make dual cluster setup cheaper.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
"
f4ward wrote:
"
Elgoriath wrote:

It does, only for Death Aura though, not CA (as far as I remember). But definitely an option.

But on DoT clusters, it's also easier (cheaper) to get a defensive notable (life regen or recovery) combined with 1 dps notable, which make dual cluster setup cheaper.

It increases CA dps too. When replaced with chaos dot cluster it increases dps by 150k approximately. Also medium chaos dot cluster doesn't offer any defense.
"
Elgoriath wrote:
"
f4ward wrote:
"
Elgoriath wrote:

It increases CA dps too. When replaced with chaos dot cluster it increases dps by 150k approximately. Also medium chaos dot cluster doesn't offer any defense.

I'm talking about clusters like those, which are much cheaper than having Brush With Death and Flow of Life on a single cluster

But for min/max, pure Aura cluster may be better.
Is it realistic to switch to clusters without Thread of Hope/Intuitive Leap? (SSF btw) Reduced reservation seems pretty necessary.
Hi there! I've just gotten to maps today with this build and I'm loving it so far. I've got a question really quickly regarding PoB. In my pob, it doesn't seem to be adding my DO supports to my DPS. Am I doing something wrong?

https://pastebin.com/EPizV6Cz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info