[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

Hi N0esy

I'm a big fan of your build since Blackcane - BBBF chieftain

The thing I like most about your build is the tinkering combo like BBBF with kitava helm

Could you please do the guide for your kitava helm - necro or any of your self-cast cool build thank you!!
"
N0esy wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm playing this build in 3.15. At the moment, I have a bit over 2M Shaper DPS, 6.1k life, and capped block. I don't think this is that good considering the amount of investment (about 20ex), but it can at least do most contents in the game like Sirus, Simulacrum, Shaper/Elder guardian invitations, etc. The build can scale a lot more with more investment.

I'm hesitant to update this guide because the budget to do all content would be like 50ex, which is too high for most players. If you want me to update this guide, please leave a comment. I'll update the guide if 3 or more people are interested.

Can you update the guide please? It looks like the build is getting more and more expensive each league.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Can you update the guide please that would be great.
"
panitkub wrote:
Hi N0esy

I'm a big fan of your build since Blackcane - BBBF chieftain

The thing I like most about your build is the tinkering combo like BBBF with kitava helm

Could you please do the guide for your kitava helm - necro or any of your self-cast cool build thank you!!

Thank you for the comment. I'll try it in the future, but it'll take some time because I'm playing the CoC build right now.
Im having some mana issues with the coc build, any ideas ? i have about 60 % increased mana recovery on my gear, but on bosses and bigger pacs i get out of mana. i even have a clarity gem in my gear atm.

allso how do u get wrath to work with zelotry ? I wuld not be able to run that with 59 mana left. I know i can grab the 8 % less reservation in tree.

But not sure if thats needed.

Great build otherwise ! love it
"
Im having some mana issues with the coc build, any ideas ? i have about 60 % increased mana recovery on my gear, but on bosses and bigger pacs i get out of mana. i even have a clarity gem in my gear atm.

allso how do u get wrath to work with zelotry ? I wuld not be able to run that with 59 mana left. I know i can grab the 8 % less reservation in tree.

But not sure if thats needed.

Great build otherwise ! love it

-reduced mana cost of skills from the passive tree and a rare jewel
-inspiration support
-flat mana cost reduction on both rings and amulet

My BL costs 0 mana because of them.
"
N0esy wrote:

-inspiration support

One other possibility:
- reduced mana cost of skills on militant faith

btw how does the AoE feel on shock nova? Does it match cyclone and everything gets bigger, or is there a sweet spot to hit correctly?

edit: was inspired to check out shock nova, my thoughts so far:

Positives:
- more damage: shocking Sirus a9 for 35% feels nice
- better/safer mapping: mobs die instantly rather than waiting for ball lightning to fly to them. Only rippier thing for me compared to ball lightning is porcupines (with recovery on block this shouldn't be an issue tho)
- better gem setup: crit is hard to cap so you can fit increased critical strikes without dropping e.g. awakened added lightning or slower proj in the BL setup
- easy gem swap from ball lightning: tree is basically the same between them, with 1-2 white socket you are fine
- some other QoL: less dex requirement. Also you don't aggro mobs from across the map when you're trying to open zana/alva/etc

Negatives:
- less regen: I'm running dual LGoH rings + vitality watchers eye so I feel fine in maven, sirus, elder/shaper guardian invitations. However I had to swap to ball lightning for the breach invitation and I think I will for the synth invitation too.
- not insane dmg boost over ball lightning: I was around 3-4M with BL, now 4-5M with shock nova. So for difficult multi boss fights I think gem swap still makes sense.
Last edited by efun on Aug 5, 2021, 7:59:07 PM
"
efun wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:

-inspiration support

One other possibility:
- reduced mana cost of skills on militant faith

btw how does the AoE feel on shock nova? Does it match cyclone and everything gets bigger, or is there a sweet spot to hit correctly?

edit: was inspired to check out shock nova, my thoughts so far:

Positives:
- more damage: shocking Sirus a9 for 35% feels nice
- better/safer mapping: mobs die instantly rather than waiting for ball lightning to fly to them. Only rippier thing for me compared to ball lightning is porcupines (with recovery on block this shouldn't be an issue tho)
- better gem setup: crit is hard to cap so you can fit increased critical strikes without dropping e.g. awakened added lightning or slower proj in the BL setup
- easy gem swap from ball lightning: tree is basically the same between them, with 1-2 white socket you are fine
- some other QoL: less dex requirement. Also you don't aggro mobs from across the map when you're trying to open zana/alva/etc

Negatives:
- less regen: I'm running dual LGoH rings + vitality watchers eye so I feel fine in maven, sirus, elder/shaper guardian invitations. However I had to swap to ball lightning for the breach invitation and I think I will for the synth invitation too.
- not insane dmg boost over ball lightning: I was around 3-4M with BL, now 4-5M with shock nova. So for difficult multi boss fights I think gem swap still makes sense.

You basically said everything I wanted to say lol.
"
N0esy wrote:

LOL I'm glad I didn't miss anything major.

I'm thinking of writing a guide for assassin version but I'm not totally satisfied yet (btw wrote a guide for coc poison bf/bb last league... which got completely gutted...)

I think biggest problem with CoC right now is it's easiest with tireless cluster + elemental skills. I want to do a phys or poison CoC but mana is just really annoying. You can go EB to sustain but it's hard to reach and can't really go acro/phase acro. Your mana pool isn't even high enough if you stay in ranger/shadow area of the tree for leech to keep up. Let me know if you have any thoughts!
"
efun wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:

LOL I'm glad I didn't miss anything major.

I'm thinking of writing a guide for assassin version but I'm not totally satisfied yet (btw wrote a guide for coc poison bf/bb last league... which got completely gutted...)

I think biggest problem with CoC right now is it's easiest with tireless cluster + elemental skills. I want to do a phys or poison CoC but mana is just really annoying. You can go EB to sustain but it's hard to reach and can't really go acro/phase acro. Your mana pool isn't even high enough if you stay in ranger/shadow area of the tree for leech to keep up. Let me know if you have any thoughts!

I agree that inspiration is essential for CoC this patch and that phys/chaos CoC builds are not in a good spot.
It might be a bad idea, but what about pathfinder that scales mana and flask effectiveness? There are powerful unique flasks for poison builds, and the cluster notable "Dark Ideation" gives increased chaos damage based on your max mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info