[3.15] Saqawal's Twister | Easy/Unique Playstyle | All Content | Cheap Budget

hey, nice build. exsited about farming to gear it.

wondering tough if dying sun works with the build?
"
staalull wrote:
hey, nice build. exsited about farming to gear it.

wondering tough if dying sun works with the build?

It does, but doesn't really provide much unless its really close quarters so the tornados can bounce off the walls and shotgun
How good is the phantasmal haste with the 3.13 changes? I have one but mana reservation becomes a problem, I can only run Haste, Vitality, and Aspect of the avian this way. The 3.13 changes section mentioned potentially using herald of purity and herald of agony instead, was this resolved?
Thanks
"
How good is the phantasmal haste with the 3.13 changes? I have one but mana reservation becomes a problem, I can only run Haste, Vitality, and Aspect of the avian this way. The 3.13 changes section mentioned potentially using herald of purity and herald of agony instead, was this resolved?
Thanks

Currently from what i see on PoB and my calculator, at most you are going to get 11% effect from phantasmal haste now, so it actually puts it lower in terms of dps vs herald of agony + Purity.Could also add in a lvl 1 precision, since we wont need enlighten anymore. Going to be Changing the guide today to reflect that info.

It is only a 7% dps difference however, so it might still be worth getting phant haste if you have the perma phasing watchers eye, would depend on preferences at that point though

Last edited by Supaspork on Jan 28, 2021, 9:24:09 AM
"
Supaspork wrote:
"
Thanks

Currently from what i see on PoB and my calculator, at most you are going to get 11% effect from phantasmal haste now, so it actually puts it lower in terms of dps vs herald of agony + Purity.Could also add in a lvl 1 precision, since we wont need enlighten anymore. Going to be Changing the guide today to reflect that info.

It is only a 7% dps difference however, so it might still be worth getting phant haste if you have the perma phasing watchers eye, would depend on preferences at that point though

Thanks for the reply. When you update it, mind adding a direct comparison so people know roughly the trade-offs of doing each way? Also, how would using something like slower projectiles and/or greater volley feel in the helmet against bosses? Could make more tornados hit and stay longer on top of the boss.

Also: I'm assuming when you go kaom's heart, it is the CWDT setup that goes?
Last edited by Ashen_Moonlight on Jan 28, 2021, 5:40:22 PM
Yeah, i updated some of it a bit already, ill do more probably tomorrow when i have more time, and as far as slow proj/volley

Slower proj would be a dps decrease, as you would have to lose a gem slot for it, and it doesnt increase the poison dps, only the base hit, so really doesnt do much for us other than keep it on for slightly longer. And given if ur bossing, the tornados don't last long at all to benefit from it, as you wouldnt be using increased duration, you'd be using unbound ailments.

Greater volley wouldnt increase the boss dmg either, same reason for the poison dps vs base phys hit.

best setup i found for bosses was Awak unbound ailments, Poison support, vile toxins, awak deadly ailments, assuming the boss isnt moving CONSTANTLY, and its not in a corner to be benefiting from GMP
"
Supaspork wrote:
Yeah, i updated some of it a bit already, ill do more probably tomorrow when i have more time, and as far as slow proj/volley

Slower proj would be a dps decrease, as you would have to lose a gem slot for it, and it doesnt increase the poison dps, only the base hit, so really doesnt do much for us other than keep it on for slightly longer. And given if ur bossing, the tornados don't last long at all to benefit from it, as you wouldnt be using increased duration, you'd be using unbound ailments.

Greater volley wouldnt increase the boss dmg either, same reason for the poison dps vs base phys hit.

best setup i found for bosses was Awak unbound ailments, Poison support, vile toxins, awak deadly ailments, assuming the boss isnt moving CONSTANTLY, and its not in a corner to be benefiting from GMP

Awesome, thanks for the information. Now this is actually the first poison build I've ever played so it would make sense that I'm mistaken, but I thought the poison dmg was based on the hit physical/chaos damage of the hit being done?

Also thanks for fixing up the spreadsheet, found out I was aiming for the wrong gear. Which makes me actually want to give some feedback: The way the guide is written seems to emphasize the -#.## duration to the flight/might. After playing around with the numbers, I found once you get to below -1.5 or -1.6, the biggest increase comes from getting that max 85% reduced duration (assuming you have the 59%/60% less duration since that is just the support gem). Going from my 71% reduced duration to 85% reduced duration with my -1.66 gear brings me from 3.68 triggers to 7.12 triggers per second. Contrasting that, going from -1.66 on both pieces to -2.00 on both pieces (and leaving 71% reduced duration) only brings me up to 4.31 triggers per second. Anywho, I might have missed it somewhere if you said it, but I feel like it might be nice to emphasize that the % reduced duration is super important to max out. More so than getting a low -#.## duration to flight/might. I've been chasing that -#.## duration gear for a few days now since I couldn't tell what was most important with that tool.
"
"
Supaspork wrote:

Awesome, thanks for the information. Now this is actually the first poison build I've ever played so it would make sense that I'm mistaken, but I thought the poison dmg was based on the hit physical/chaos damage of the hit being done?

Also thanks for fixing up the spreadsheet, found out I was aiming for the wrong gear. Which makes me actually want to give some feedback: The way the guide is written seems to emphasize the -#.## duration to the flight/might. After playing around with the numbers, I found once you get to below -1.5 or -1.6, the biggest increase comes from getting that max 85% reduced duration (assuming you have the 59%/60% less duration since that is just the support gem). Going from my 71% reduced duration to 85% reduced duration with my -1.66 gear brings me from 3.68 triggers to 7.12 triggers per second. Contrasting that, going from -1.66 on both pieces to -2.00 on both pieces (and leaving 71% reduced duration) only brings me up to 4.31 triggers per second. Anywho, I might have missed it somewhere if you said it, but I feel like it might be nice to emphasize that the % reduced duration is super important to max out. More so than getting a low -#.## duration to flight/might. I've been chasing that -#.## duration gear for a few days now since I couldn't tell what was most important with that tool.

Its actually my first poison build too :D took a lot of PoBing to decide if it was even worth doing in the first place, let alone refining it.

And yeah, not quite sure how the tool even broke, all the formula's were correct, just didnt like it apparently. had to revert it to a previous version and redo some of it.

For the projectile thing, where the base hit does increase poison damage, you are correct on that, However i think GGG has the order a little wrong(in my opinion) i do believe that the "increased projectile damage", is calculated AFTER the poison damage is, so it doesnt apply to the poison damage as it would seem. Its the only thing i can come up with, as even GMP doesn't decrease our poison damage at all, only the base physical damage.

As far as the -seconds vs the %, i thought i tried to make it clear, that both are important, which is why i said some things are required, and i put minimums for things such as the boots/rings, but only at 71%, is really low, so yeah thatd make a big difference, under the rings section, i put those should be ur first upgrade after getting some of the lower % rings. Ill definitely put something up front saying that the % reduced is the more important stat for sure though, thanks for the input!
Last edited by Supaspork on Jan 28, 2021, 7:19:05 PM
"
Supaspork wrote:

As far as the -seconds vs the %, i thought i tried to make it clear, that both are important, which is why i said some things are required, and i put minimums for things such as the boots/rings, but only at 71%, is really low, so yeah thatd make a big difference, under the rings section, i put those should be ur first upgrade after getting some of the lower % rings. Ill definitely put something up front saying that the % reduced is the more important stat for sure though, thanks for the input!

Okay, I didn't think that the 71% was all that low as it is only 14% below the value listed in the example build. All i'm missing is 10% from the awakened swift affliction and then I have 2 8% rings rather than 10% rings(farmed them myself as 10% rings are 2+ exalt). I understand now that it makes a big difference, but before I was able to crunch the numbers I had thought "i'm only missing the support, not that big of a deal, and I have near max rolls, so close enough for now." The -seconds seemed like a bigger zone for improvement, especially since you said to try getting -1.8 minimum and I was only at -1.6 or so. (-1.6 can be picked up for 20-40c whereas -1.8 jumps to 2+ ex quickly)
I guess the point here is that with the % reduced, it gets exponentially better the more you have, so the last 14% is really important.
For a reference point, I've only invested about 4.5ish exalt into this build so far (I am putting all my currency towards this build), and over half of that investment of currency was getting the vitality watcher's eye.
Last edited by Ashen_Moonlight on Jan 28, 2021, 8:50:54 PM
"

Okay, I didn't think that the 71% was all that low as it is only 14% below the value listed in the example build. All i'm missing is 10% from the awakened swift affliction and then I have 2 8% rings rather than 10% rings(farmed them myself as 10% rings are 2+ exalt). I understand now that it makes a big difference, but before I was able to crunch the numbers I had thought "i'm only missing the support, not that big of a deal, and I have near max rolls, so close enough for now." The -seconds seemed like a bigger zone for improvement, especially since you said to try getting -1.8 minimum and I was only at -1.6 or so. (-1.6 can be picked up for 20-40c whereas -1.8 jumps to 2+ ex quickly)
I guess the point here is that with the % reduced, it gets exponentially better the more you have, so the last 14% is really important.
For a reference point, I've only invested about 4.5ish exalt into this build so far (I am putting all my currency towards this build), and over half of that investment of currency was getting the vitality watcher's eye.

Yeah, its definitely that awakened swift affliction thats doing you in, big difference there. my recommendations to start are atleast -1.80 on boots/gloves, -8% on rings, the 20/20 less Duration and awak swift affliction, will get you easily clearing most content with just that gear setup.

Yeah, the build overall, isnt a league starter, but it works fairly well for the investment required, 10-15ex will get you clearing all but the highest content basically without much issue which is hard to do on a lot of builds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info