[3.18] Knaekbroed's Elemental Hit Elementalist | Fast, tanky and high dps | Uber boss viable

"
Rumblepie wrote:
"
Tanqu wrote:
Why in build you have close combat - is it better than fortify?

Close combat serves three purposes.

1. It is super high damage if you are close, which you will be on bosses
2. It makes it so i can have fortify on my movement skill, shield charge, and fit a hit of shield charge in on bosses so fast that its almost as good as having fortify on 6link.
3. It makes shield charging crazy fast when roaming from pack to pack in maps

Hm, but fortify on main skill shows more damage. It gives melee damage and elemental damage bonuses
Last edited by Tanqu on Mar 6, 2021, 9:08:57 AM
"
Tanqu wrote:
"
Rumblepie wrote:
"
Tanqu wrote:
Why in build you have close combat - is it better than fortify?

Close combat serves three purposes.

1. It is super high damage if you are close, which you will be on bosses
2. It makes it so i can have fortify on my movement skill, shield charge, and fit a hit of shield charge in on bosses so fast that its almost as good as having fortify on 6link.
3. It makes shield charging crazy fast when roaming from pack to pack in maps

Hm, but fortify on main skill shows more damage. It gives melee damage and elemental damage bonuses

If you are talking about POB, you need to set 'Melee distance to enemy' to 1 for it to show dps. If you're talking about tooltip: close combat dmg is not shown in tooltip
"
Rumblepie wrote:

If you are talking about POB, you need to set 'Melee distance to enemy' to 1 for it to show dps. If you're talking about tooltip: close combat dmg is not shown in tooltip

Understood, thank you
"
yildirim123 wrote:
"
"
yildirim123 wrote:
Hey,

currently playing ur build just with Block instead of Dodge but i kinda luck on dmg, alot of dmg could you tell me pls what im doing wrong ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/yildirim123/characters

All your items are a bit weaker than ones from guide. Best thing you do, is annoint. Second best you get better flasks. Third up all your items a bit

a bit weaker should not be 22mil dps something is wrong for sure and i have no clue what im not even reaching 300k dps

Nevermind 22mln, is not real number anyway, it is inflated number that you will never get. Firsts pob has full charges up, but nowhere on gear can you find any charge generation. So less crit chance and less damage miltiplier due to no frenzy and power charges on sirus(while mapping you still get power charges with ass.mark). Seconds pob shows that sirus is shocked to 50%, which is also not possible in a real fight, cuz hits alternate element, so bringing shock to 50 in a fight with sirus is hard. Moreover OP checked that boss is also frozen, for another 10%more fake dps. You can expect around 15mln sirus daamge with similar setup to gear in OP's example
"

Nevermind 22mln, is not real number anyway, it is inflated number that you will never get. Firsts pob has full charges up, but nowhere on gear can you find any charge generation. So less crit chance and less damage miltiplier due to no frenzy and power charges on sirus(while mapping you still get power charges with ass.mark). Seconds pob shows that sirus is shocked to 50%, which is also not possible in a real fight, cuz hits alternate element, so bringing shock to 50 in a fight with sirus is hard. Moreover OP checked that boss is also frozen, for another 10%more fake dps. You can expect around 15mln sirus daamge with similar setup to gear in OP's example

POB dmg is not important. If you want to see what Sirus dmg is like, go look at the Sirus level 9 video.

I updated the POB to my current gear and conservative (sirus) settings. Hopefully this will be less confusing to some people.

In regards to power charges and frenzy charges; power charges i usually gain from armor, if i got another endurance charge source (megalomaniac which i could not get this league) and frenzy charges come from when you get anomalous Blood Rage.
Finally get it together and start playing. Dps is great, defense not Superb now. But i miss a lot of attack speed. Critical Multi will co mě with jewel but from what source a can get a lot of AS. Some come with cluster and golem jewels. I am only 76lvl now :-D but its strong now.
I am currently fooling around with different setups on a testing char

Technically, you can even put the Ele Hit into a good Essence-crafted Helmet like this

It just seems and feels like the Conc. Effect is not really affecting the DPS. The tooltip doesn't change and I googled and it's apparently just affecting one part of the skill, but not the initial hit.
Does anyone have more info on this? That's the part about PoE and GGGs information culture I hate. Even with tags you can't know what happens.

So this helmet provides hypothermia, 30% more ele dmg and +1 gems for another 10% more roughly, and +2% to crit chance which could be upgraded to +3 or theoretically +4. I am still leveling gems on this but it seems the dmg output is roughly the same as a 6L, but you need other gem links. Ele Hit, Trinity, Multistrike and Awa Anc. Call/Inspiration are basically set.
So I went for a Feed the Fury/ Fuel the Fight/ Smite the Weak Cluster jewel to get both Life and Mana leech. So far I am not entirely sure if this setup wins or loses the comparison to my other one, but it's definitely viable.
Apparently, Close Combat is just too strong damage-wise to miss out on. I may swap Inspiration/Awa Anc. Call out for Close combat and see if that's better. Because with Convergence and Explodey Chest, clear seems okay. Probably the helmet would be better without Conc. Effect but I had this from another build, so...

Also for those of you wanting more AoE and more damage, you can ofc use the Heart of Destruction Ascendancy for Convergence.
The 30% more dmg to uniques is really good and tbh, you won't have much chance to hit them for more than 4 secs because of their phases, repostioning and whatnot. So pls don't calculate this as being 15% because uptime is 50%. It's there when you need it most, and often times you kill them during those 4 secs.
And clearing maps feels better, provided you now have to pay more attention not to walk into ele reflect.
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
"
Carmondai89 wrote:
I am currently fooling around with different setups on a testing char

Technically, you can even put the Ele Hit into a good Essence-crafted Helmet like this

It just seems and feels like the Conc. Effect is not really affecting the DPS. The tooltip doesn't change and I googled and it's apparently just affecting one part of the skill, but not the initial hit.
Does anyone have more info on this? That's the part about PoE and GGGs information culture I hate. Even with tags you can't know what happens.

You are correct. Concentrated effect will affect only secondary "aoe explosion" of the hit. Original hit in case of single target is not affected. The same way as splash support.

Helm setup seems allright but hardly better than body 6L. And I don't think we'll win much with a spare chest piece, while helm can have + crit multi and + level of minions gems

Heart of Destruction is nice and all, but Bastion of elements give so much ehp vs elemental hits and reflect immunity is super nice. Don't feel like exchanging it for more damage is worthy
Last edited by Arykst on Mar 7, 2021, 10:15:44 AM
Nice, now i will swap for shield. And what if i lack attack speed? And whirling blades vs shield charge vs leap slam woth shield?
should i be actually activating haste/grace auras (well only one of the two)? or only using the vaal versions when they're up?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info