[3.18] Knaekbroed's Elemental Hit Elementalist | Fast, tanky and high dps | Uber boss viable

"
Rumblepie wrote:

Solving the dex problem with careful planning costs crit multi, which is essential to this build. Grabbing life leech from a cluster takes a cluster slot from us, which again lowers both dps and defense. It sounds like you are essentially doing a different build, and not liking it.

This is not the highest dps build in path of exile. It is a high dps, high defense and high speed build, balancing all those three qualities.

This build is a good all-rounder, but like any other elementalist build should be, cuz class is just OP.

You have megalomaniacs, dont you? Taking life leech there is not that difficult, and will not hinder you in any way. Carefull planning is probably lowering dps by bit, but not critical. Where is an essentially different build? I dont get where from you have power, frenzy and endurance chrages? Maybe adding them would solve some dps issues.

"
yildirim123 wrote:
Hey,

currently playing ur build just with Block instead of Dodge but i kinda luck on dmg, alot of dmg could you tell me pls what im doing wrong ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/yildirim123/characters

All your items are a bit weaker than ones from guide. Best thing you do, is annoint. Second best you get better flasks. Third up all your items a bit
"
"
yildirim123 wrote:
Hey,

currently playing ur build just with Block instead of Dodge but i kinda luck on dmg, alot of dmg could you tell me pls what im doing wrong ?

All your items are a bit weaker than ones from guide. Best thing you do, is annoint. Second best you get better flasks. Third up all your items a bit

a bit weaker should not be 22mil dps something is wrong for sure and i have no clue what im not even reaching 300k dps
"
yildirim123 wrote:
"
"
yildirim123 wrote:
Hey,

a bit weaker should not be 22mil dps something is wrong for sure and i have no clue what im not even reaching 300k dps

You have a really starter setup. Your gems are not 20 level, you miss jewels in your tree. You have ~35 crit chance, ~230% crit multi, ~90% hit chance.

Your gloves enchant can mess EE and you will do less damage.

You should get some aura, precision is good, for another one damaging haste can be nice

It's just all about your build screams "league starter". Why do you even expect much of a build while you're level 88?

For starters, get your hit chance to 100%, up your crit chance closer to 100 and multi to 300-400. Level up your gems, insert more jewels (having triple element tag is cheating, and you would want more Megalomaniacs with Primordial Bond), find more attack speed 3.71 is kinda low
Last edited by Arykst on Mar 6, 2021, 4:28:43 AM
I added a video vs AL9 showcasing some dps without flasks, power charges, frenzy charges and rage. Still pretty good damage if you ask me, but i do have insane (almost pob finished) gear
I added a bunch of videos on hard content, will be doing maven today and putting a video up on that too
Did 6 Mavens yesterday ranging from 1-4 deaths, still learning and still disliking the fight.
So that was 12 ex investment...I got 6 elevated sextants and 1 Mavens'Orb, which is roughly the 12 ex
On top, the usual 1c drops but also 2 watchstones which coul sell for 1-4 ex altogether.

IMO the life-based build is much easier to gear especially earlier in the league. I'd get sick of crafting all those ES gears but if someone wants to do that, fine.

About the question for too few DPS: Yea, your gear is not really good yet. Helmet and Gloves are fine rly but basically all gear is missing at least 1-2 good affixes.
You use ineffective Primordial jewels, (take the Viridian basetypes instead), your other jewels are bad too. You got one in there that's just magic with Life and res.

Also I CANNOT understand why ppl use block. Maybe they heard back in the day that Glancing blows is so OP. But it got nerfed, and I did play a full block glancing blows char this league too and it sucks in comparison.

Get an anoint, you can go for an offensive one like Primeval Force of Forces of Nature. Also, you are Lvl 88 and invested 12 points into block already. You then block and take 65% of the dmg. Pfffft.
It is good and usable if you have a Shield that has flat Life gain on block and %Life gain on block...but it's a nonsensical investment into defense if you ask me.

Investing in Dodge means using 6 points for 40/30 dodge, and having Vaal Grace on top for reaching 74/64 dodge (Lvl 20) with a base duration of roughly 9 secs when supported by Inc.Duration L20. AND you then still have a somewhat minor block chance that will block 100% of the dmg.
So...you see the difference in investment and gains, right?
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Thank you, Carmondai89 (and others), for taking the time to explain these things, now that my guide is basically not a guide but a display of the build.

On another note: i uploaded what can best be described as a deathful The Feared encounter. Crazy map mods, fun encounter though.
Last edited by Rumblepie on Mar 6, 2021, 7:15:50 AM
Why in build you have close combat - is it better than fortify?
"
Tanqu wrote:
Why in build you have close combat - is it better than fortify?

Close combat serves three purposes.

1. It is super high damage if you are close, which you will be on bosses
2. It makes it so i can have fortify on my movement skill, shield charge, and fit a hit of shield charge in on bosses so fast that its almost as good as having fortify on 6link.
3. It makes shield charging crazy fast when roaming from pack to pack in maps
Last edited by Rumblepie on Mar 6, 2021, 9:03:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info