[3.16]Physical Conversion Bowyer | Barrage + IS/LA/TS | PF/Deadeye | All content

What i'll do is start with toxic rain to make some currency than switch to this one later on. Toxic rain is a good starter that is similar to this one.
"
I know you said you need 15ex and requires some investment. But to start a league with it, is it just undoable or simply not recommended? I usually just 1 character a league and ive always wanted to try this.

maybe i can start with a similar ranger build and respec when i start mapping?

"
Antopmm wrote:
What i'll do is start with toxic rain to make some currency than switch to this one later on. Toxic rain is a good starter that is similar to this one.

Exactly, I would recommend to start with toxic rain and respec later if you just wnat to have 1 character. With the porcupine divination card, and shrieking essence of dread, you can easily craft a bow for toxic rain, then get a no link carcass jack, plus other slots that can cap ur res and give some decent life, you will be able to kill sirus a1 if you know the fight. All these combined would cost less than 100c. Then you can respec about 50 points to switch into this build after you have made some decent currency.

The reason I don't recommend this build as league start is that some essential items such as dying sun, voidfletcher, mark of the elder can be very pricy at league start, but will drop quickly after about a week. Also, if you are not a very experienced player, you would probably struggle a lot when you only have crappy items with this build during league start.
Hello, very nice build-guide even for noobs like me.

But still I would like to ask something: There are many items with this attribute: "#% of physical as extra cold damage"... now you said this build is for barrage (for single) and optional for mapping.

If I will will pickup tornado, should I still get all these items?
I mean tornado is not a cold skill so would that be use of the potential?

And one more probably dumb question: for the unique Hrimsorrow gloves it says "50% physical converted to cold" does that mean it will lower dps of barrage because barrage is physical skill?

Thank you and sorry for these questions.
Last edited by Morvis110 on Jan 14, 2021, 12:58:32 PM
"
Morvis110 wrote:
Hello, very nice build-guide even for noobs like me.

But still I would like to ask something: There are many items with this attribute: "#% of physical as extra cold damage"... now you said this build is for barrage (for single) and optional for mapping.

If I will will pickup tornado, should I still get all these items?
I mean tornado is not a cold skill so would that be use of the potential?

And one more probably dumb question: for the unique Hrimsorrow gloves it says "50% physical converted to cold" does that mean it will lower dps of barrage because barrage is physical skill?

Thank you and sorry for these questions.

Hi, here are my answers to your question:

First, I won't say mapping is optional. Both bossing and mapping is essential. But with this build, in general, you shouldn't have problem clearing maps, and therefore the guide would focus more on defeating end game bosses, which is with the single target skill.

As I listed in the guide, you can switch between tornado shot/ice shot/lightning arrow with exactly the same gear, and would work just fine. Almost all the gears/passives that scale your barrage damage will also benefit your clear skill.

Second, seems to me that you don't have a good understanding about damage conversion mechanic yet. To explain this in short, we start with phys damage (which mainly comes from our weapon), and convert all (or most) into cold, cold is the final damge we deal. By doing this, we will benefit from modifiers that increases phys damage as well as modifier that increases cold/elemental damage. The "50% physical converted to cold" on gloves is a key part of the damage conversion.

Neither barrage nor tornado shot is a physical skill, they are just normal attack skills that will deal whatever damage you have. The damage conversion will in fact increase the final damage, so our goal is to reach 100% phys converted to cold. You can check a much more detailed explanation about damage conversion on poe wiki (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion)

Hope these helps! Feel free to ask if you have further questions.

"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:

Hi, here are my answers to your question:

First, I won't say mapping is optional. Both bossing and mapping is essential. But with this build, in general, you shouldn't have problem clearing maps, and therefore the guide would focus more on defeating end game bosses, which is with the single target skill.

As I listed in the guide, you can switch between tornado shot/ice shot/lightning arrow with exactly the same gear, and would work just fine. Almost all the gears/passives that scale your barrage damage will also benefit your clear skill.

Second, seems to me that you don't have a good understanding about damage conversion mechanic yet. To explain this in short, we start with phys damage (which mainly comes from our weapon), and convert all (or most) into cold, cold is the final damge we deal. By doing this, we will benefit from modifiers that increases phys damage as well as modifier that increases cold/elemental damage. The "50% physical converted to cold" on gloves is a key part of the damage conversion.

Neither barrage nor tornado shot is a physical skill, they are just normal attack skills that will deal whatever damage you have. The damage conversion will in fact increase the final damage, so our goal is to reach 100% phys converted to cold. You can check a much more detailed explanation about damage conversion on poe wiki (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion)

Hope these helps! Feel free to ask if you have further questions.

I meant that the skill for map clear is optinal, not that mapping is optional thing. I guess I should write it differently. Yes this helped a lot. I am really looking forward to try this, but I am afraid about the budget as it is not a great start build and I only play one character usually. Any tip for different build for first week for pathfinder? If possible something else than toxic rain I already played that.
"
Morvis110 wrote:
I meant that the skill for map clear is optinal, not that mapping is optional thing. I guess I should write it differently. Yes this helped a lot. I am really looking forward to try this, but I am afraid about the budget as it is not a great start build and I only play one character usually. Any tip for different build for first week for pathfinder? If possible something else than toxic rain I already played that.

I will say the clear skill is also not optional, barrage sucks at clear, so you need a proper clear skill for mapping. For league start, I have to say toxic rain is the best you can get on a ranger. There is nothing else right now that can be compared to it as for cost efficiency. It allows you to finish most of your atlas progression with tiny budget. There are other choices too like poison scourge, poison blade vortex, pestilent strike etc. But they will not be as smooth as TR for your league start.
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:

I will say the clear skill is also not optional, barrage sucks at clear, so you need a proper clear skill for mapping. For league start, I have to say toxic rain is the best you can get on a ranger. There is nothing else right now that can be compared to it as for cost efficiency. It allows you to finish most of your atlas progression with tiny budget. There are other choices too like poison scourge, poison blade vortex, pestilent strike etc. But they will not be as smooth as TR for your league start.

I was trying to say that for clearing there are multiple options.
Like the ice shot/tornado/.. that is what I meant by optional skill term. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What about Cobra Lash to farm some currency then switch to this build?
"
Morvis110 wrote:
I was trying to say that for clearing there are multiple options.
Like the ice shot/tornado/.. that is what I meant by optional skill term. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What about Cobra Lash to farm some currency then switch to this build?

Cobra Lash is definitely also viable for league start. I've never tried it as league start myself though. It's all about what you would like to play :P
I'm confused about the gem link. Do I gem swap Barrage into Tornado Shot for clearing?
"
BerrySoft wrote:
I'm confused about the gem link. Do I gem swap Barrage into Tornado Shot for clearing?

So we have 2 6L slots, bow and body armour, You socket your tornado shot on your bow (for easy coloring) and your barrage in your body armour, no need to do gem swap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info