Please Fix Trade Website!!

"
Novynn wrote:
As an update to this, as of the latest patch we have modified the way that we treat notes on the trade site.

Items with notes that contain additional content to their price will be marked as being a "Price with Note" sale. This is different from the now default "Buyout or Fixed Price" sale filter under "Trade Filters".

I see a big big problem from this change. Sometimes notes are very useful for different situations.
1. I use notes to write the date of the creation of a crafted item, so if I didn't trade the item for like 2 weeks, I can know it didn't sell and I can lower my price on it.
2. Notes are useful to Timeless Jewels or other items if you want to provide the buyer with more explanations.
3. If I wrote the price of an item with a Note I can easely copy/paste that note into more items, pricing them very fast.

Yours seems a lazy solution to a much deeper problem. Everyone will use the Buyout filter by default so all the listings with notes are invisible, effectively killing the Notes functionality.
MF Academy Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mfacademy
Farming Strategy Guide: https://tinyurl.com/2c5u7za8
"
Morgoth92 wrote:
effectively killing the Notes functionality.

Thank god for that too, It was not at all helpful and just cluttered all the listings making it a chore to have to scroll to actually find something you can buy.

Great change Novynn, thank you!
Last edited by Epsynus on Oct 21, 2020, 2:37:34 PM
"
Novynn wrote:
You can ignore players on the website, it's right there!

the problem is the ignore limit is so pitifully small, that you can't possibly ignore every stupid scammer on your site.

it's impossible.

know what WOULD fix the issue though? a proper trading IN GAME trading system without the need for trashy 3rd party sites.
This is the exact issue with a barter system where player are forced to interact in order to sell items.

Why not just introduce an action house system similar to OSRS for items which do not have variations of stats. Keep barter for items where high rolled items sell for more then other but auction house for currency and other stuff like maps, fragments, currencies, prophecies, oils, etc

Honestly the most frustrating thing for me is that I try to message 50+ people before someone decides to trade me my 1c for their regrets. They never sell unless I trade 10c even then they usually ignore me instead. Also most of the time the people listing those items are bots which do occasionally work but are terrible when being spammed.
Last edited by PrinceCuddles on Oct 21, 2020, 4:25:28 PM
"
PrinceCuddles wrote:

Why not just introduce an action house system

Because this extreme boost for farmer-bots will kill economy instantly

"
PrinceCuddles wrote:

Honestly the most frustrating thing for me is that I try to message 50+ people before someone decides to trade me my 1c for their regrets. They never sell unless I trade 10c even then they usually ignore me instead. Also most of the time the people listing those items are bots which do occasionally work but are terrible when being spammed.

This is more community problem, than the game, but some restrictions is needed. Check my suggestion for one of possible ways here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info