Please Fix Trade Website!!

"
Antigegner wrote:
I can't believe someone from GGG posted in this forum twice in a row in a short time. Let's cut this guy some slack. He's (on behalf of GGGT) at least finally communicating with us again - and not on Reddit. Thx Novynn!


It's Novynn, he does that all the time to topics that are web-related. He's quite possibly the most active GGG rep. outside of the help and info section.
Close down the "Feedback" section. Stop pretending you care about feedback outside of reddit.
"
Novynn wrote:
We're investigating solutions to the custom-note abuse and should have a solution deployed soon. It's unfortunately not as easy as disabling 0.5p listings as they'll just move on to the next lowest value.


I don't even do listings for services like those people, but I can't blame them for that, they are trying to offer a service for something and that is the only shit way to, so how about instead of using the word "abuse" GGG actually try to do something for the game instead of throwing us back to play like we are in the year of 1990 or something.

Whenever someone asks me about trade, I truly don't know what to reply back, and it pisses me off everytime an Auction House is mentioned, but what can I say back, the way trade currently works sucks so bad I see people quitting the game because of it and at the same time you are using "abuse" to describe the way people have come up to offer their services.
twitch.tv/xalxixinha
"
storm159 wrote:
"
Novynn wrote:
We're investigating solutions to the custom-note abuse and should have a solution deployed soon. It's unfortunately not as easy as disabling 0.5p listings as they'll just move on to the next lowest value.


I don't even do listings for services like those people, but I can't blame them for that, they are trying to offer a service for something and that is the only shit way to, so how about instead of using the word "abuse" GGG actually try to do something for the game instead of throwing us back to play like we are in the year of 1990 or something.

Whenever someone asks me about trade, I truly don't know what to reply back, and it pisses me off everytime an Auction House is mentioned, but what can I say back, the way trade currently works sucks so bad I see people quitting the game because of it and at the same time you are using "abuse" to describe the way people have come up to offer their services.


They're using the trade system to offer services which is not the purpose of it, thus it's abuse.

People use the trade sites to look for people to engage in trade, those who are putting up services and obstructing other listings interrupts that function.

Doing nothing and ignoring them doesn't make the problem go away.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

Betrayal was the best league we had since Legacy. The reward agency is something this game needs, and will be sorely missed.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
storm159 wrote:
"
Novynn wrote:
We're investigating solutions to the custom-note abuse and should have a solution deployed soon. It's unfortunately not as easy as disabling 0.5p listings as they'll just move on to the next lowest value.


I don't even do listings for services like those people, but I can't blame them for that, they are trying to offer a service for something and that is the only shit way to, so how about instead of using the word "abuse" GGG actually try to do something for the game instead of throwing us back to play like we are in the year of 1990 or something.

Whenever someone asks me about trade, I truly don't know what to reply back, and it pisses me off everytime an Auction House is mentioned, but what can I say back, the way trade currently works sucks so bad I see people quitting the game because of it and at the same time you are using "abuse" to describe the way people have come up to offer their services.


They're using the trade system to offer services which is not the purpose of it, thus it's abuse.

People use the trade sites to look for people to engage in trade, those who are putting up services and obstructing other listings interrupts that function.

Doing nothing and ignoring them doesn't make the problem go away.


People are allowed to sell services therefore it isn't abuse
"
Rekt_that wrote:

People are allowed to sell services therefore it isn't abuse


Not on an ITEM TRADING WEBSITE.
Close down the "Feedback" section. Stop pretending you care about feedback outside of reddit.
"
Novynn wrote:
We do have to capability to raise the limit on our end and will do so until we find a good equilibrium between server performance and player needs.


You could also consider doing a voluntary clear reset on those lists, when the ignore system is significantly changed. Voluntary since some might still want to keep their full ignore lists, however if you tie it into a one-time modal popup on accessing the /trade section, informing the user of the changes and if they would like to clear the ignore list.
A fact is a statement that can be supported to be true or false by data or evidence. In contrast, an opinion is a personal expression of a person’s feelings or thoughts that may or may not be based in data.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
storm159 wrote:
"
Novynn wrote:
We're investigating solutions to the custom-note abuse and should have a solution deployed soon. It's unfortunately not as easy as disabling 0.5p listings as they'll just move on to the next lowest value.


I don't even do listings for services like those people, but I can't blame them for that, they are trying to offer a service for something and that is the only shit way to, so how about instead of using the word "abuse" GGG actually try to do something for the game instead of throwing us back to play like we are in the year of 1990 or something.

Whenever someone asks me about trade, I truly don't know what to reply back, and it pisses me off everytime an Auction House is mentioned, but what can I say back, the way trade currently works sucks so bad I see people quitting the game because of it and at the same time you are using "abuse" to describe the way people have come up to offer their services.


They're using the trade system to offer services which is not the purpose of it, thus it's abuse.

People use the trade sites to look for people to engage in trade, those who are putting up services and obstructing other listings interrupts that function.

Doing nothing and ignoring them doesn't make the problem go away.


Because that is the way GGG wants us to deal with our rewards, we are left with things we can't use all the time and/or also can't deposit to use later.
In game trade channels with numbers going from 1 to a 10000000 filled with spams is what we have to deal with, or guess what, go outside the game and look for "private communities" like if the internet had just begun.

Betrayal benches, Alva benches, Harvest benches, bestiary, and more, also no need to go into details of how bad each and everyone of these are working right now.

Players are only looking for an official way to deal with their stuff, which I am not saying there is an easy fix, but right GGG caring about the way we are listing things for cheaper to announce our services, makes it looks like they are giving attention to the wrong thing.

"
Ydoum wrote:
"
Rekt_that wrote:

People are allowed to sell services therefore it isn't abuse


Not on an ITEM TRADING WEBSITE.


Your argument is stupid.

"
ZaoFishbones wrote:
"
Novynn wrote:
We're investigating solutions to the custom-note abuse and should have a solution deployed soon. It's unfortunately not as easy as disabling 0.5p listings as they'll just move on to the next lowest value.


I hope that the solution doesn't cripple this kind of trade listing. While I do not use them myself, 0.5p custom-note listings for bulk sales and for splitting targets seem rather important to many high-effort players I spend my days with.

There's not much choice in central infrastructure than the official trade site to discover such items and listings with a competent search system. It's be very unfortunate if it's squashed without a replacement that is actively maintained and kept up to date with all the items and stats that come with the new content.

While they may seem a bit intrusive to a player that is not aware of the informal system in place, they're not _that_ obtrusive and can as mentioned earlier in the thread be filtered out by currency limits. Upside of being found in a listing, it might lead the player to discover the system in place and find good bulk deals on things like seeds last league.


Thanks for the words, this is what I mean.
twitch.tv/xalxixinha
Last edited by storm159 on Oct 16, 2020, 8:46:47 AM
"
Novynn wrote:
You can ignore players on the website, it's right there!


same old issue...it seem the list has cap and i can't view the names after page 10......(don't ask me why there is more than 10 pages of player are blocked). If the player is not on the front page 1-10, the ignore list seem have no effect.....and the list is sorted by internal id???
I am not a GGG employee. I don't get pay to reply you. My edits in POE wiki are voluntary work, thanks.

About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"
As an update to this, as of the latest patch we have modified the way that we treat notes on the trade site.

Items with notes that contain additional content to their price will be marked as being a "Price with Note" sale. This is different from the now default "Buyout or Fixed Price" sale filter under "Trade Filters".
✮ Web Developer #2 ✮
🤔🤔
Ooh, that's clever. Feels like an excellent tradeoff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info