Please Fix Trade Website!!

"
drklrd wrote:
The issue is that, some users are exploiting the trade api.

Was the trade website made to be used in this manner? If the answer is No, then those players should be warned that it's an exploit of the Trade API. If the answer is Yes, then I will continue to ignore them.

"
An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "to use something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized).

You have a solution to the exploit already. So yes, continue using ignore
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
find a real solution to the problem?

so cheap? ;-)
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Heikss wrote:
How about you remove the ignore limit? So i can actually ignore people who i want to ignore.
There is likely a limit for a reason, I do agree though that increasing the limit at least would help in order to combat the amount of spam messages you get from bots nowadays whenever you list an item like Winterheart, Meginord's Girdle or anything else at a low price.

Yes, the reason being, their query generator most likely gives an error, if the query is too long, and they decided that capping the ignore list will fix that from happening (which it does, but its a shit solution).

Also theres a limit to how "complex" your search can be with weighted sums etc... most likely for the same reason. Laziness and incompetence combined with failure to admit it. Just make limits and ignore the original problem.
"
Rekt_that wrote:
"
drklrd wrote:
The issue is that, some users are exploiting the trade api.

Was the trade website made to be used in this manner? If the answer is No, then those players should be warned that it's an exploit of the Trade API. If the answer is Yes, then I will continue to ignore them.

"
An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "to use something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized).

You have a solution to the exploit already. So yes, continue using ignore

Yes. I can also uninstall the game that's a solution too
A fact is a statement that can be supported to be true or false by data or evidence. In contrast, an opinion is a personal expression of a person’s feelings or thoughts that may or may not be based in data.
Just go to the filter at the bottom, and minimum 1chaos equivalent. Byebye all 0.5 perandus people.

You people threatening to uninstall or whatever over something so silly, just do it already. This is so benign of an issue, if you cant be arsed to scroll down a couple time or to put 1chaos minimum, then yeah, please, leave. They've got much more important shit to fix right now than catter to some crybabies crying over a non-issue and break the whole trade website in the process of trying to "fix" it.
"
Im tired of these stupid people posting the same item for stupid prices to flood the market websites. The trade channels are filled with bots spamming items for sale. Almost no one actually uses it anymore. You cant trade in global or GGG has a stroke and mutes you. About only thing they seem to care about. So how the hell can you trade anymore!

GGG needs to get on the ball here and make a way to ignore users or put up some kind of system to rate people selling items like this by users so you can bypass these people. Below is a screen shot of a jerk flooding the website with 58 postings of fake sales and before him 23 postings of fake sales. So many fake sales you now cant trade on the website cause there is no more room for search results now. FIX PLEASE... After Harvest and this crap. I wont buy support packs any longer till this fixed.

maybe everyone should write "I wont buy support packs any longer till this fixed", ggg will answer on this. :P
"
maybe everyone should write "I wont buy support packs any longer till this fixed"

This won't work. Existing playerbase is just kind of substrate for reddit and twitch activity.
I can't tell for sure but my guess would be — the most revenue has generated by constant flow of new players.
We have to admit, PoE has a lot of content and a new player will probably spend like $60 before realizing the game mechanics are just hot glued together, the graphical and resource engine is an actual piece of crap, and there is no point, no "course of actions" in all the new content, the whole thing is driven by hype and by the time you getting disappointment you're not important for developers anymore "thx for your $300 cya looser".
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Oct 14, 2020, 11:45:57 AM
We're investigating solutions to the custom-note abuse and should have a solution deployed soon. It's unfortunately not as easy as disabling 0.5p listings as they'll just move on to the next lowest value.

RE Ignore list limits:
There are technical reasons for having limits to these things. We initially thought that having a larger ignore list would only affect the account you were using - since we have to send your entire ignore list with every search you do to our backend search service to filter out the results. Unfortunately certain accounts were ignoring tens of thousands of accounts and swamping the system with slow requests which is detrimental to everyone. We do have to capability to raise the limit on our end and will do so until we find a good equilibrium between server performance and player needs.
✮ Web Developer #2 ✮
🤔🤔
I can't believe someone from GGG posted in this forum twice in a row in a short time. Let's cut this guy some slack. He's (on behalf of GGGT) at least finally communicating with us again - and not on Reddit. Thx Novynn!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
"
Novynn wrote:
We're investigating solutions to the custom-note abuse and should have a solution deployed soon. It's unfortunately not as easy as disabling 0.5p listings as they'll just move on to the next lowest value.

I hope that the solution doesn't cripple this kind of trade listing. While I do not use them myself, 0.5p custom-note listings for bulk sales and for splitting targets seem rather important to many high-effort players I spend my days with.

There's not much choice in central infrastructure than the official trade site to discover such items and listings with a competent search system. It's be very unfortunate if it's squashed without a replacement that is actively maintained and kept up to date with all the items and stats that come with the new content.

While they may seem a bit intrusive to a player that is not aware of the informal system in place, they're not _that_ obtrusive and can as mentioned earlier in the thread be filtered out by currency limits. Upside of being found in a listing, it might lead the player to discover the system in place and find good bulk deals on things like seeds last league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info